Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1222303132333442 ... LastLast
  1. #311 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by condorpeak View Post
    Hello Guys!! , I wonder if there is and other forum talking about this bike because I haven't sow new posts around here. Do you know if the 2015 model has some improvements? I'm from Chile and I'm planning to import this motorcycle with EFI. But couldn't got any feedback about how the EFI works from a bike owner.
    IMHO & FWIW Save your money. I rode the 2015 model X5 at the CIMA show (See my post #309 above). Here's my 0.10c worth of advice.

IMO you'd be better off buying a new or near new/used Jap motorcycle. If you can't afford a Jap bike, then start saving. You are likely to experience less agro and buyers remorse. In buying any Chinese made bike, and by the sounds of what you write, dealing with servicing or warranty claims on the X5 would be akin to a hair pulling exercise me thinks on the Shineray IMO. Just have a look at the posts here on MCM where new owners of this, that or the some other Chinese brand MC who is asking for help with this issue or that. Often it is their first post after signing up to MCM. I've lost count of the number of new posters requesting help for their newly acquired Chinese ______ brand/model, that they're having issues with.

Come resale time when you want to off load your X5 there's a good chance you're likely to find fewer interested individuals in comparison to if you were selling a Jap MC, unless you are willing to take a significant hit in the pocket being prepared to almost give the X5 (Chinese brand/model MC) away.

Sounds like you would be a X5 Beta tester in Chile - are you prepared for that? Problem is you don't know what you don't know...

If you're into wrenching and have mechanical aptitude, then cost of ownership might not be such a hard and difficult 'pill to swallow', but on the other hand, if you are prepared to treat the X5 as a cheap? learning platform to get your hands dirty, then maybe it might be an option. Still you could do the same with an older Jap MC too (which would be my choice).

With most PRC MC's it's like trying to polish a turd... or 'putting silk on a goat, it's still a f@7kin goat'.

YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

2. #312 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Has anybody bought some off road tyres for the X5 in china and could share the experience and maybe info where to buy?

3. #313 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have got a 2014 model with carburettor. I have ridden now almost 7k without any problems. Sorry can't help with EFI experience. In general though i can recommend the bike.

4. #314 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Noob
    I wonder about the oil radiators, don't understand why they took it away. Heren in Chile we could experience in the desert really extremely hot weather. I will consult Shineray if they could put it back again.GEON_Grandtour_400_EFI___42_.jpgshineray-x5.jpg

5. #315 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Condor Peak.

Te aconsejo que no compres un X5. La verdad es que son muy bonitas y las especificaciones son muy tentadoras especialmente cuando tengamos en cuenta el precio ajustado. Pero el X5 es muy débil, se rompen cosas que una moto Japonés tiene por bueno con 15 años de mal trato. Además Shineray es una empresa de cero servicio al cliente. Yo querría comprarme una pero después de enterarme de todos los dolores de cabeza que me provocaría pensaba que ni loco la compro. En fin me compré un Yamaha y estoy tan contento con el resultado.

Saludos desde China
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

6. #316 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Quote Originally Posted by condorpeak View Post
    I wonder about the oil radiators, don't understand why they took it away. Heren in Chile we could experience in the desert really extremely hot weather. I will consult Shineray if they could put it back again.GEON_Grandtour_400_EFI___42_.jpgshineray-x5.jpg
    Must be to save money !!! That can be the only reson it's not because a oil cooler is no good for a air cooled engine !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #317 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Here some report of my recent X5 experience.
    After 7500km the clutch let me down. Not quite sure if it was my fault. Did go up a muddy slippery mountain road and had to play with a clutch a lot to prevent the rear tyre to slip. After that i noticed that i could only get power on the wheel when reving high. After stopping i could let the clutch go completely without getting any power. We called it a day and build up our tents. The next morning after a little fiddling around with the clutch cable the clutch was at least good enough to make it back to beijing, still suffering from a slipping clutch. I have now replaced the clutch plates and it is ok again. Besides that still happy with the bike.

8. #318 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    The problem Axel describes sounds like the clutch was adjusted to tight before. So it wear out fast.
    My X5 was sold at 10k km without any clutch issue and is still now running well as I know.
    In my youth I had a 150CC Jawa CZ with cork equipped clutch friction plates. Since that time I was very focused on clutch settings.
    From my experience the clutch lever should have about 5mm free play to ensure a slip free clutch.

jawa-cz150.jpg
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Clocked up 10k just now, no big issues. After the slipping clutch problem and replacement of the clutch plate my feeling is the bike is still not 100% like when I bought it. Somehow it feels it does not have the same power. But may be I just imagine it, have been riding a lot of Yamaha enduro bikes lately so maybe I just got used to theses bikes full on power. generally still happy with the x5

10. #320 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Yeah taking the oil cooler off it was a bit mean. Still, you can fit a real nice one on a rainy winter day. Cant see the point of two mufflers on a single,adds weight up high and makes the bike slide sooner. Keep posting about it.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1222303132333442 ... LastLast