Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234561424 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Short update on the bike's fuel tank capacity:
    After running quite close to an empty fuel tank I refilled and got 12,7L in. I guess it had still 1L to 2L in the tank. So the statement in the technical data found in the internet says 19L capacity. That's definitely wrong. I would say 14 to 15L max. I reached 265km with my wild ride. I will contact the Shineray expert I met at the Beijing dealer to get the official information.

I nearly finished a total of 1000km.
    With some light offroad activities and open throttle widely ... latest consumption is 4.78L / 100km.

On a nice straight empty road I let run to its limit and end up at 125km/h at about 6.5k RPM in 5th gear. In 4th gear I got it up to max of 7k RPM where is the max performance of 30HP. (??)

Anyway, today's fun factor was high again
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #32 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    After a great 260km ride through the BJ mountains I found during my after tour bike check a critical issue caused by insufficient assembly of the cover pipe for the front brake line guidance.
    The cover pipe should be fixed with a clamp at the lower part of the fork. When the fork is diving the pipe and brake line should travel upward and getting directed by a plastic guide on handle bar level. Unfortunately I didn’t pay attention that the brake line can travel through the lower mount bracket freely. So the line and bracket are rubbing continuously. The photos show the result after 1200km. The break line needs to be replaced urgently.
    I will also send the photos to Shineray for there attention as this is a safety issue even I believe that the wrong installation was done in the BJ dealer location.
    By the wrong assembly also the speedo cable is affected and the cable cover broke already.

BLD1.jpgBLD2.jpgBLD3.jpgBLD4.jpgBLD5.jpg
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #33 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    On a nice straight empty road I let run to its limit and end up at 125km/h at about 6.5k RPM in 5th gear.
    Oh oh ... the JH might win this one.

Very interesting about the cables, etc. This type of build-quality is not uncommon on any new product launch - the manufacturer wants to get the item out the door and into the market, asap, using early-adopters as beta testers. Classic examples of this are Microsoft products , although they have improved over the years.

Good progress review with detailed pics, thanks!

4. #34 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    @LJH:
    regarding the wrong brake line assembly I am quite sure the problem happened during assembly at the BJ dealer. Normally the bike comes in a crate and front wheel, handle bar etc are not mounted.

UPDATE:
    Shineray informed me that the fuel tank capacity is 16L.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #35 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    hey Shuben, I was riding near summer palace and i think i ve found your shop. it has Honda logo right? They had 3 shinerays x5 and they offered me a test ride. I have to say I loved it, the sound of the engine, the acceleration, amazing. I don't have much experience with motorcycles but compared to my lawn mower its great. If you left your bike there I wouldn't be suprised if I tried your bike because it was covered with dirt. The engine sounds great but while riding I think I've heard some other weird sounds, but I had to little time to figure out what was that. I like the look of the tank, it's massive and the bike feels to be more slim than mine. The other thing is that this bike still looks like a prototype, so not perfect, with stickers coming off. And there are more rusted parts than in mine bike after 2 years outdoor. Anyway going back on mine bike felt like riding a bicycle. I'm jalouse.
    JH-150GY-3

6. #36 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Most probably it is the shop. At Ma Lian Wa Bei Lu, right? I am just surprised that they have X5 there. Maybe customer orders? I guess you rode the test bike. It looks like never saw a wash and not at all cared. On left side the rear foot peg holder was broken when I rode it. Anyway, my one is in my garage, and ..... clean again (it must be kind of German cleaning genome.)

The rough sound is maybe when you ride on low RPM in gear 4 or 5. The engine doesn't like that.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

7. #37 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Hi ShuBen, here's a good question is your bike EFI or Carb'ed....???

I ask because they at Shineray's booth they mentioned using a Siemens EFI.... but the pre launch version I tested here in Shanghai had a carb and manual choke...

SF
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

8. #38 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Its a carburetor version. I chose that and I am happy about this because somewhere in the middle of nowhere I still have a chance to solve fuel problems and make the bike running again. When the EFI is dead only a lorry helps you....
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #39 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    You can choose a carb or efi version? Thats great! Efi was the reason I wouldn't buy it. But without EFI it has no problem with the pollution regulations? Or you can pretend its the Efi version?

In the shop they had 3 shinerays. They said there are two foreigners who bought from them.
    JH-150GY-3

10. #40 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    I heard that they want to switch from carb to EFI.
    Anyway, as said, I prefer carb. The dealer said to register the carb version is no problem. Maybe he goes there with an EFI Certificate and tell them its an EFI bike.
    I guess in the registration bureau not many guys will be able to distinguish carb and EFI.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234561424 ... LastLast