Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21313940414243 ... LastLast
  1. #401 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    If you use bigger then a 42 then a longer new chain is required.
    Try 42 first.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #402 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I thought I would have to get a new chain even if I change to 42. Thanks. I will do this one first.
    I will get 42, 44 and 46 since they are not expensive. When I change the chain I will try 46 first and if I dont like it 44. Unless the old chain will allow me to try 44 at that time hahah Shuben said that it stretches like a bubble gum ;)

3. #403 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    somewhere on the internet Ive found a calculator. It said if I change to 42 it will be about 5% torque up and 5% speed down. 44 teeth 9% and 46 teeth 13%. I know There is more to it but its good to put it to simple numbers

http://www.sprocketcalculator.com/
    Last edited by modron; 12-23-2016 at 12:43 PM.

4. #404 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    I would be very surprised that you want to reduce the top end down on the bike knowing you will be travelling a long way on your trip to the EU with a lot of roads that will be capable of high speeds.
    Haveing lower gears for off road I can understand, but how much off roads stuff will you be hitting along the way.
    IMO I would change the sprockets to suit what you are looking for but to take along the old sprocket and chain to change back along the way if needed.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #405 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I wont be going to Europe any time soon and I wouldnt take this bike. Afraid. Hell, Im afraid of going to Huangshan next week and its only about 500km away hahah

Oi! Show some adventure spirit. Only my last Offroad trip in the grassland I lost 4 rear spokes on the X2 with fully loaded bike. ... Got nearly a heart attack on each unprepared pothole hit... But! I made it :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

7. #407 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Oi! Show some adventure spirit. Only my last Offroad trip in the grassland I lost 4 rear spokes on the X2 with fully loaded bike. ... Got nearly a heart attack on each unprepared pothole hit... But! I made it :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    After reading this Ive gone ahead and bought some spokes ;)

So I had the bike now for some time. I have only broken it in. Im exactly at 1500km now.
    For most parts it feels pretty solid but there are some cheap and tacky bits. I like how tall one is riding this bike, I can see over the traffic. The engine is not smooth at all. While engine breaking the bike shakes a lot and I really mean shakes a lot! It feels like one of them 20 year old washing machines spinning on uneven surface. While accelerating it vibrates but while decelerating it shakes. Brakes feel spongy but adequate, maybe rear wheel locks too easily but not much complains here. I like the fact that the pillion pegs can be removed easily and are not connected to riders pegs. Id prefer one muffler tho to save some weight which take me to another thing I dont like. Its too loud for my liking. It sounds great but loud as hell. Its a bit annoying on long rides.

THE GOOD:

-Tank size (19l should give me about 475km range)
    -Suspension (I dont have a lot of experience and a lot of bikes to compare it with but it feels great. It comes a little soft from the factory but its fully adjustable so no problem. I had not adjusted it yet as I was braking the bike in so didnt do much off-roading. Its very comfortable on roads)
    -Seat (I thought its gonna be much worse but its actually not bad. I found myself riding for 4h without brakes and my arse was fine)
    -Rack for the top box
    -2 light bulbs ( 35W each, absolutely adequate. Cant wait to see what it would be like with HIDs)
    -Side boxes (they are included in price)
    -Windshield (it keeps the wind of my chest well and at 110km (top speed for now) the wind didnt shake my helmet)
    -Its incredibly comfortable to ride standing up (I did add 30mm bar risers but it was good before also)
    -Quick access to air box
    -Tires are good but take long to wear them in (so great in the wet tho)

THE BAD:
    -Clutch (Like I mentioned in a previous post. Changing gears was rough, there was a clonk and a jerk. I did adjust the clutch a bit and about 90% of the problem is gone unfortunately the clutch is very short now. From new the clutch is hard to pull)
    -Gear ratio ( Its too tall. 2nd struggles at 25km/h which is not great if you are planning to ride off-road much. 5th struggles below 4300rpm. I will be putting a bigger rear sprocket)
    -No oil cooler (they removed it from the first version for some mysterious reason. There is a perfect space for it and there are even 2 useless bolts still there. The existing oil hoses do not have standard connection points so installing an oil cooler is not as easy as it could be)
    -Side boxes (they are cheap and have PLASTIC nuts)
    -Plastic on a display is cheap (after 1500km its already scratched. My old YBR had no scratches after 70000km and the dash was more exposed)
    -Vibrations (its actually quite amazing how much it vibrates)
    -Mirrors (vibrate a lot but it has prolly something to do with the above)
    -Controls feel a bit cheap
    -Bolts/nuts/screws sizes (example: rear axle is 27mm on both ends which mean you need two 27s in your tool kit which is rather heavy not to mention that you have to buy one more 27 wrench. Another example: front axle is 10mm allen key, which is also big and heavy and there is no other use for it on the bike. Could have been a hex bolt 17mm or 19mm or even f***ing 27mm so I wouldnt have to carry so many tools)

I probably forgot to mention something so I will, most likely, update

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by modron; 01-03-2017 at 07:05 AM.

8. #408 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    What do you guys think of these tyres?

Im thinking about them spring rides already. 60/40 riding, mostly wet. A set would cost me RMB370 so pretty good deal

9. #409 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Invest in a tried and tested set of tyres from a mainstream manufacturer.
    Or go with the set posted and hope you make it through the day.
    370 RMB sounds like a great deal.
    But you can understand you "pay peanuts you get monkeys"
    Your Bike.
    Your money.
    Your life.

Ride safe.

10. #410 Re: Shineray / XinYuan X5 review 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Invest in a tried and tested set of tyres from a mainstream manufacturer.
    Or go with the set posted and hope you make it through the day.
    370 RMB sounds like a great deal.
    But you can understand you "pay peanuts you get monkeys"
    Your Bike.
    Your money.
    Your life.

Ride safe.
    Its not that I want to save money, I simply cant get here what I want.
    Can get Pirelli that are 90% dirt but Id imagine they are worst on road than this ones. If I could get a 50/50 good brand tyre I would

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21313940414243 ... LastLast