Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Performance CDI

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Performance CDI 
    Its the OHC engine luckily, but all the kits that are easily accessible for the uk are for the OHV variant, still waiting for new CDI unit, should of been here today, but will probably come tomorrow now.

The 110 michelins fitted without any problems, they grip really well even in the wet, was quite shocked as I've never tried them before.

Ordered a 30mm Carb today as well, should be here for the weekend hopefully. My main question going a bit off topic from the CDI is, when increasing the carb diameter, would the jets need up sizing more than they did before? I know the stock main jet is 100 size, the pilot seems a bit bigger but the guys selling the carb said they couldn't read the size as it was in chinese/japanese which shouldn't be an issue as I'm running a tad lean so hopefully that will correct it. I'm just unsure about the main jet encase I should order some jets in, I got a 95/105/110 laying around for it. I understand the cross section area is 33% bigger than the standard 26mm if that is of any mathematical help,
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

2. #22 Re: Performance CDI 
    not surprising as the CB based engine is older than the CG pushrod, I used to run Sava tyres on my Supermoto but they were shocking int eh wet a complete opposite to when it was dry, which region of the UK are you in? If your ever riding round Peterborough or Oxford might catch me on my Honda.

Kennon

3. #23 Re: Performance CDI 
    I'm not far from dartford in kent, want to do some longer journey's been oxford a few times but that was in my golf gti. Hopefully this summer I'll do my test and get something with around 600cc+
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

4. #24 Re: Performance CDI 
    sounds good I didn't want to get anything too overly powerful after my 125 so got a VFR 400R going to have this for a while I think.

Kennon

5. #25 Re: Performance CDI 
    I've been similar in a way, as I have been on a r6, but they are bloody scary! But I am tempted to get an R6, but I've also been playing with the idea maybe something like a 250cc as a commuter, even a Ninja would be good, it shouldn't be to scary but have adequate power for my commute. Whilst on that subject do the chinese make any sport 250 bikes and are they any good?

6. #26 Re: Performance CDI 
    C-Moto Guru
    You will need bigger jets than what you had before. On my stock carb I had a 110 main jet and now I have 115.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

7. #27 Re: Performance CDI 
    there hasn't been any amazing 250cc sport chinese bikes come out particulary as they are mostly single cylinder and not the best looking things around, the ninja 250 is a good shout but due to allot of people getting them insurance is abit high for what it is my 400 will top out at around 135mph, plenty enough for me for now, the new Ninja 300 is beautiful but procey for sure to get.

Kennon

8. #28 Re: Performance CDI 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    You will need bigger jets than what you had before. On my stock carb I had a 110 main jet and now I have 115.
    Was 110 with big bore kit, I will have to dig out my colortune to see how things are looking, I'm guessing a 110 jet should be enough as I imagine the pilot jet will be bigger and compensate for the time being?

9. #29 Re: Performance CDI 
    New CDI came, bike feels a lot better midrange and top end, the rev limiter sometimes kicks in at 10,500rpm, other times it goes beyond, any ideas, is it a restriction issue elsewhere in the system or a fuelling issue?

10. #30 Re: Performance CDI 
    Quote Originally Posted by arancara View Post
    any ideas, is it a restriction issue elsewhere in the system or a fuelling issue?
    Changed the stock spark plug? Some chinese brand often misfires in high rev.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast