Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
Shit... so you just drive!

And here I am sitting worrying about plates for the last 4 months while friends ask me when the heck I'm getting a new bike.

New year is soon here...

Were I you I probably would not have abandoned it... One can usually talk one's way out of trouble here as long as you're not literally committing murder (or, while being video taped, driving your scooter with a pillion rider into 50 year old women while drunk and then screaming swear words at them in Chinese).

Traffic in your video does not look too bad. While I'm in a taxi here all I see is idiots everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm not driving though...
Well, I wouldn't exactly recommend it. I just kind of freaked out after playing chicken with a cop and a roadblock. I didn't abandon it 100%. I went back some hours later and it was gone. I am still in denial about it, but I'd secretly been wishing it would get stolen so I could move on from it after compiling weekly replacement parts lists on taobao throughout the life of the bike (and having the feeling in my heart that I was riding a piece of shit). That part of town is almost suburban, although technically downtown in Haizhu. Also, I usually didn't usually drive it around town in the middle of the day like that. I did that because I just got an urge to use my camera and do it. Oh, and if you watched the video, the Boyz II Men song is kind of a cheesy joke. I just though it fit. Not my everyday jams (not that there's anything wrong with that )

Approximately two month wait on an X2, I was told today. Needless to say, I'm freaking out right now with no toy to play with except my scooter, which is only used for short trips to the store (and occasional wheelies off speed bumps). What to do next is anyone's guess.