Anyone ever buy a bike from Taobao? I'm looking to buy a cheap bike I can use on/off road around Guangdong for now. I keep looking at this "CQR250" with an original Shineray 250cc engine on Taobao:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...19712752695%7D

I am looking at this one in particular because the seller appears to have sold quite a few of them and has more comments than any other sellers of similar biles on Taobao. I'm guessing I can't get it legally plated? When I chatted with the seller (via my Chinese wife) he said I could get the license plate and everything from Chongqing for RMB1300. Is he bullshitting or what? When I asked how I could be sure it wasn't fake his response was, "Traffic police". I've been cruising my scooter on the outskirts of Guangzhou for a year or two (Baiyun, Zengcheng). I used to ride bikes when I was a kid until my teen years but it's just recently dawned on me how much I truly love it. I can't sleep at night anymore and all I can think about is getting on a new bike and heading for the hills and somewhere off the road and the beaten path. I live downtown half the week and the other half in the boondocks where I also work, so it actually gives me something to look forward to when I head out to the boonies to work... I just don't want to spend a lot of money on anything right now because my wife has pointed out that I have a bad habit of getting obsessed with toys for short-term and then moving on to a new toy/thing and burning cash... So, basically, she won't let me spend too much...

Any thoughts or wisdom anyone can share with me on the seller/link I posted? I expect the bike to have some problems, being so cheap, but I'm wondering if I can indeed make it legal?