I've got a rough plan for a several-year motorcycle trip. I plan on concentrating on Asia/Europe/Africa. China (and Burma) pose a large problem due to the impossibility (or excessive cost) of bringing in foreign registered motorcycles, cutting off SE Asia entirely. After much thought I decided that I must start with a Chinese registered motorcycle if I had any hope of doing this trip on just one bike. I have no time limit, and an adequate budget.

So here is a rough plan... will it work?

1. Get a Z visa teaching English in China.
2. Use the months working to deal with getting a Chinese motorcycle license and findi a motorcycle.
3. At the end of my Z visa, get a multi-entry L permit (hopefully 180 days).
4. Cross the southern Chinese border with my Chinese motorcycle, crossing several international borders in South-East Asia.
5. Cross back into China, head west, and leave China towards Europe on my China bike.

In theory all this seems possible. The question is:

As a foreigner, can I acquire all the necessary motorcycle papers in my name (proof of ownership, registration)?
Will having a Chinese bike allow me to cross back into China without the government tour-guide required for foreigners on foreign bikes?