Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys and girls, new here, read up a lot on here and like the advice and friendliness of you all. Got myself an Xtrs 125 -24 new 12 plate. Would be grateful for any advice on which carb to get, jet size and air filter. I buy all my stuff on fleabay, so im hoping youll provide links to help out. Im looking at getting a mikuni 30mm carb, jetting it to 105 main jet and a nice air filter. Can someone tell me if this set up will do. Im hoping to just make the bike a little smoother and faster on pick up. Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.....

2. #2 Re: New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Any takers....... Anyone know what the correct valves clearances are too,thx guys .

3. #3 Re: New to forum, hi 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Killerdog,

Welcome to MCM, and congratulations on getting a China bike. If you haven't already done so, search for your bike model in advanced search and you should find many posts discussing the questions you have raised. Find a few threads that really focus on your bike; you'll see who's doing what. If you are lucky you'll find riders in your area with the same bike.

I see you posted a few times back in September in which you shared some useful information about your Lexmoto, and asked some questions. That's an approach that will probably get responses.

You'll do a lot better posting into an existing thread where owners are actively talking about your model of bike, rather than starting a fresh thread called "new to forum, hi" that doesn't even mention lexmoto. I just found 13 threads with the word Lexmoto in the title. Like Dan Hicks sang, Dig a little deeper...

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Guru
    30mm Mikuni carb http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30mm-PIT-D...item2a237edd7a

105 main jet http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATV-QUAD-B...item5d3afeb0e2

42mm cone filter http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/42mm-PIT-D...item20c37d9442

All next day delivery from same seller

To fit the cone filter remove the air box and replace it with the new filter, the 2 small tubes that were connected to the air box should be secured in place with zip ties somewhere where they can't get water and dirt in them (e.g. behind a fairing.

To fit the main jet remove the 4 screws from the bottom of the carb, remove the float bown, unscrew the main jet (it should be obvious which one it is), reassemble in reverse order.

To fit the carb set the fuel tap to the off position, remove fuel hose from carb, unscrew the 2 10mm nuts securing it on to the intake boot, pull the carb out and unscrew the cap holding the throttle cable on, compress the spring by pushing the carb slide upwards, release the snap ring thingy, draw the throttle cable out, reassemble in reverse order, set throttle cable slack, set idle speed, tune idle mixture screw. Note that you may have to modify the cap that the throttle cable goes through on the new carb for the throttle cable to fit correctly. Tuning guides can be found on this forum or via google.

I have a thread on all this stuff here http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...le-mods-so-far
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thankyou for the warm reception. Sorry if my first post was either in the wrong place or placed in an incorrect format. Thanks for the heads up spencer, will go online now and make some purchases. Read on lot on this forum and finally got around to posting. Obviously any parts or mods I do on my bike I will post about and tell you the results of what I have done. Thanks guys, very much appreciated.

6. #6 Re: New to forum, hi 
    Welcome!

Everything spencer posted is spot on, only thing is, if you get the performance exhaust, with 30mm carb and air filter than a 110 jet would be needed as I've found this too work best, going past 110 lowered performance.

For performance exhaust CMPO sell it for £75 on ebay, or directly its £70 with free next day delivery:

http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonl..._EXHSIL026.php

Can pay with paypal too!
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

7. #7 Re: New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yeah, thx guys. Cleaned my bike today and getting ready for my new carb and bits. Might order a colour tune too, they look good and easy to use. Does anyone know what the valve clearances should be, be bike sounds a little too tappy ........ Thx guys :)

8. #8 Re: New to forum, hi 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Be sure to snap and share some pix! Always nice to see pictures of repairs/upgrades in process, and, of course, the final result.

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: New to forum, hi 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Will do, just ordering the parts, then once I start to fit them , iwill take a few pics and let everyone know how I got one.