Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Sorry to hear about the radiator problem man but your bike still does look good, perhaps a ER-6N/F race exhaust for abit more noise?

Kennon

2. #12 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Kennon!

Sorry for the late reply, due to incompetent warranty clerk. My bender is still in the shop. Boy am I upset with her.
    About the exhaust, after hearing a few other ER-6s exhaust, I am quite interested to change my exhaust too.
    But I might settle for a custom race exhaust, because I don't really like the ER-6s underbelly exhaust design.
    I prefer conventional design where the exhaust is on the side. :D Here in Malaysia we got a great exhaust customizer.
    As for now, I think i'll stick to the stock exhaust first, as I've only ridden it for 2 weeks, and it's been in the shop for 3 weeks.
    Bummer, I might give the clerk a piece of my mind, if I'm not a patient person. Hahaha...

Hadznizam "Munkee" Hadzir

3. #13 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Ahh don't worry about it good things happen to those who wait, I had to wait for 2 weeks to get my bike back after a carb rebuild that only took 4 hours labour yet they kept putting it off that really annoyed me, I've got a new exhaust for my bike just need to buy new jets so I can fit it.

Kennon

4. #14 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Quote Originally Posted by munkee View Post
    As for now, I think i'll stick to the stock exhaust first
    I should not change to an aftermarket exhaust before you finished the running-in period.
    Aftermarkets make the mixture leaner without tuning the ECU, and that is not really what u want during he first 1000-1500 km.

E.

5. #15 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    @kennon

I guess so, but waiting really is annoying. hahaha. Jet settings, the thing that always interest me! it's not something you can learn from books. hahahaha.... good luck on your new jet settings, any way i can see pictures?

@eric

my thoughts exactly, even though i'm already at 2100 +/- i prefer to wait till 5000km above, or play safe by only changing it after warranty period. Because by then, i could also change the ECU. what do you think about my plan?

Munkee

6. #16 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    ofcourse my friend I have a thread on ADVrider, I'm going to go for the jet settings from a expert he suggests fitting the rear 118 jets to the front and fitting 120jets to the rear carbs to get it running right with my new exhaust, allot will be done before the end of the summer, currently she does 225kph.

Kennon

7. #17 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    ofcourse my friend I have a thread on ADVrider, I'm going to go for the jet settings from a expert he suggests fitting the rear 118 jets to the front and fitting 120jets to the rear carbs to get it running right with my new exhaust, allot will be done before the end of the summer, currently she does 225kph.

Kennon
    I'm not familiar with jettings. so, I have no idea what you mean. hahahahahahahaha....
    Are you setting your "Sarah" You're installing the Yoshimura?

8. #18 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    I will be getting the jets soon but need to get a summer job and sort out the cooling problem in the lower radiator, the Yoshimura is just a metal exhaust decal on a standard Honda exhaust the new exhaust is waiting to be fitted now.

Kennon

9. #19 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I see... well sir, you fooled me! :D it looks like the original yoshimura old school can. :D

UPDATE - Got back my Bender with new radiator on 18th of may. Boy do I miss him! :D

10. #20 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Thanks Munkee, I've now sorted the cooling it was just a blown fuse my new exhaust I spent some money on Autosol metal polish and its come out a treat.

SAM_0260.jpgSAM_0262.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast