Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys new to the forum, been searching around and I see hu tai lu seems to be the place for mods but before I head out there wanting to check they also have workshop type stores rather than just accessories- which it looked like on a previous post.

picked up a cheap suziki GZ 150, love the shell and shape and the potential but looking to add some substance to it new 250 engine transmission, cut off the back, shorten exhaust, paint mat black.

thanks a lot
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    if you cut off the back how do you carry beer?

you do know that any and all mods are illegal right?

3. #3 Re: where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    C-Moto Noob
    haha yep carrying girls around might be a challenge too, but man the look on the cut off is simply to good, love the saddle seat. yep aware of the legal stuff.

ended up driving up to Jiao Ji Lu and got sorted pretty quickly, 2 day turnaround, the thing is getting gutted, back chopped, new exhaust, matt black paint, was one of those china days reminding me of how awesome some aspects of lving in china is.

will post a pic when done, whole thing including bike should end up costing less than 4500rmb

4. #4 Re: where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    I understand completely what you want to do and it makes sense, turn an old bike into a bobber, prettier, quicker and probably safer than before, however please try to be as legal as possible. Does the bike have plates or insurance? You know what happens if you get in an accident and someone gets hurt? You know the crap the foreign ex-pat community get if that happens? You're risking deportation/imprisonment/huge fine.

Not saying any of that can happen, and you can get away with it pretty easily in the country or a 2nd or 3rd tier city, but Shanghai not sure it's a winning idea.

5. #5 Re: where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi mate, yep im aware of the issues, the bike has real (out of town) plates so im ok there, will organize some insurance, re the mods ill post some pics when done but its looking pretty damn cool, but all ive done is essentially take of the back, i left the engine the same as was going to cost a bit much, so i cant imagine any major problems from what ive done.

6. #6 Re: where to go in shanghai for modifications, engine change of transmission etc 
    If you've got a legal plate and insurance, that's sweet. I know the non-modification laws are silly, it won't pass inspections, but it sounds forgivable. Keen to see the end results....post up photos! Rubber side down.