Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    C-Moto Guru
    I mean that just about every engine has an oil pump inside it, otherwise there would be nothing to create oil pressure to pump the oil around the engine. To fit an oil cooler you need to tap in to a place with high oil pressure and a place with low oil pressure. I don't know much about your engine but assuming that the strainer works in the same way that my engine's filter works you could block off the return hole where the strainer is, get oil from the strainer compartment and return it via the oil filler hole by drilling and tapping holes in the oil filler cap and oil strainer cap and attaching hoses to them. This is just guess work by the way, don't start drilling holes in your engine based on what I just said ;)
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #12 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Quote Originally Posted by arancara View Post
    Hmmm sounds interesting, so your saying the engines (pistons) natural movement will be enough to pulsate the oil?
    "Kit" for ur bike looks like this http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4970522844

3. #13 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    What you say? Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Damn I hit oil :P

Didn't realise a oil pump would exist, just thought the oil just sat in a bowl... Never ever worked with motorcycle engines, only thing I have dealt with is small lawnmower engines and they have been two stroke so this is a new curve for me. I've seen a small rad that I'm tempted by, designed for a 50cc, as its not exactly a powerful bike so I'm guessing it would be sufficient as my aims to lower temps and increase oil capacity, so I imagine it will suffice as I'm having doubts whether this bike really produces 10bhp that is claimed on the tin compared to my yammy. I will try and have a look at my engine to see if there's any feeds too mine, as that is a 156-2a engine in the picture of my other post.

Any other idea's where low pressure could exist, what's the sump like, low or high? Just trying to think of other options before I dive in.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

4. #14 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    get oil from the strainer compartment and return it via the oil filler hole by drilling and tapping holes in the oil filler cap and oil strainer cap and attaching hoses to them.
    Usually, on your bike's engine, it looks something like this.

Oil_cooler.jpg
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #15 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Didn't realise a oil pump would exist, just thought the oil just sat in a bowl...
    C'mon, small displacement bikes don't carry some old Briggs & Stratton engines.

6. #16 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    sure they do...

7. #17 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Briggs & Stratton engines? I don't get the joke :(

On a serious note what places on the engine would be high and low pressure eg sump as I'm tempted by a universal kit for quick delivery. I'm sure I could whip something up to make it fit to different points with banjos.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

8. #18 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Briggs & Stratton engines? I don't get the joke :(
    Briggs & Stratton engines, as an example of a simple engine that has/had a only splash lubrication.

I wanted to say that small 4T engines on C-motos are not so simple and that they all have a proper pressure-feed lubricating system.

9. #19 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Briggs & Stratton engines, as an example of a simple engine that has/had a only splash lubrication.

I wanted to say that small 4T engines on C-motos are not so simple and that they all have a proper pressure-feed lubricating system.
    So where would you advise me to pick up, I think so far the only high pressure spot people have suggested was off the oil strainer and block the return, anywhere else?

Also what other low pressure area's are on the engine for a return as I've not taken apart my engine?

10. #20 Re: Technical question about engine temperatures 
    Did you look the inner side of your bike's head cover?

CG clones have the main oil line that passes through the cylinder, head, and finally enters the cover and distributes on the rockers. I saw on some Ukrainian moto-forum that some guys made ​oil inlets and outlets on this cover and connect oil coolers.

I do not know what it's like on your bike, but a simple modification of cheap cover is not a bad idea. Of course, this is possible if the lubricating of camshaft and rockers is solved in a manner similar to the CG clones. If you do not have photos of the inner side of the cover or can not see it in some manual, the only way is to take off the cover and check it by yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast