The prior thread was deleted ... no comment.

Anyways, I picked the Xingfu up about a month ago. I ended up just paying the Jim Bryant amount, as the situation had gotten completely ridiculous. In February, I emailed Jim Bryant and told him I would pick up the bike in a few days. Jim Bryant replied saying his painter had sanded down the tank and was going to repaint the tank and graphics but, due to the Chinese new year holiday, it wouldn't be ready for pick-up until mid-March.

On the day I picked it up (mid-March), I took a couple of witnesses with me, including a Chinese friend to chat with the shop workers (Bryant has moved to the USA).

The workers confirmed that:

1) there was no work done on the engine, nor had they been instructed to
2) there was no work done on the transmission, nor had they been instructed to
3) there was no work done on the wheels, nor had they been instructed to
4) there was no rewiring of the bike, nor had they been instructed to
5) there was no additional painting done this year, nor had they been instructed to
6) the original exhaust pipes seem to have been ruined by sanding off the original chrome
7) the bike ran prior to disassembly and the bike fired up when I picked it up
8) all that was done was the disassembly, repaint, a small amount of chroming, and the reassembly (for which, sans chroming, Jim Bryant had quoted 3,000 rmb)
9) When I picked up the bike, I rode it a short distance to my shop - several pieces were not attached properly.

Not all of the old parts were returned to me, but I just wanted to rescue my bike.

This week, I had a Xingfu "expert" take a close look at the bike. He has redone several Xingfu's, including 3 anniversaries. He noted:

1) the frame has been painted the wrong color
2) there are parts that were chromed that should have been painted
3) the chroming that was done does not appear to be quality work
4) the Anniversary decal on top of the tank is obviously done poorly
5) the side decals on the side of the tank are also obviously done poorly
6) the front signal lights were not mounted and are missing from the returned parts
7) there are some parts missing from the bike

This qualified individual gave me a quote of 2,400 to repaint the bike & frame, properly, and redo the graphics, properly. I have seen his restorations, and they are good. Still, I'll get another estimate.

By the way, all of the above is documented in emails, there is photographic evidence, and the witnesses can also confirm the above.

Needless to say, I won't be running back to Jimbo's to get any work done. Not only did it take 7 months to do a job that should have taken, at most, a couple of weeks, but there was a lot of nonsense to deal with.

Sad.