Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmrr2301 View Post
    Hi Frozuki

"Got it up to just under 90mph on gps :D"

Are we talking about the Pulse Adrenaline 250 here?

Rgds

Ian
    Yes :)

2. #52 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    Hi

Cool, that would be fast enough for anywhere i would take it :)

Rgds

Ian

3. #53 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    Hi

OK, i have placed my order for a Pulse Adrenaline 250, will have to wait a few weeks though, will post a review when i have been out and about on it.

There is an aftermarket exhaust for the adrenaline 125 and the Ebay seller assures me it would be ok in fit and function for the 250 however as usual there is a problem.
    He also supplies a new Jet for the 125 Carb (presumably to let more fuel through) however the carb on the 125 is a Mikuni (i think), the 250 has a TK TYPE KU30P.

Unfortunately i can find nothing on this carb so if i get the exhaust i cannot get the correct jet for it (and i am not sure if i need a bigget or smaller jet)

Anybody know?

Regards

Ian

4. #54 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have the pulse 250 and the downpipe is different to the 125 so beware if he says it fits

5. #55 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Do you mind posting an update on how this bike is holding up? Seriously considering purchasing the SSR xf250 but just trying to get some actual rider feedback before I drop the $2,600 bucks. TIA!

6. #56 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I can give you my unbiased opinion...

I have always had Supermoto type bikes, from a Yamaha DT 125 to the KLR125 and the Suzuki DR350 and 600, so I am basing my opinion on those previous examples...

I had a Pulse 125 (the same bike but a smaller 125cc engine) for two years prior to this bike and I have had the 250 model for just under 4 months (they have only been out that long over here)

I have had no trouble from both bikes, both bikes have not let me down and have run without any problems. The only thing I can mention is that you should check the screws/bolts as they can come loose, only minor like the rear footpeg screws that hold the rubber on the footpeg started working out and the handlebar brace allen bolt also worked loose after a few months... That's really it for my 250cc, apart from that it has handled the hot weather and heavy traffic with no problems (the version over here is air cooled)

Like all Chinese bikes they are built on a budget, but as long as you bear this in mind and take care of the bike I think they are good for the money, I only wanted a fun bike for commuting during the summer months. And I think that spending more money on a Jap bike would not have made any difference for me...

I know that some people are against Chinese bikes but I really feel that for the money they are not that bad, not sure if everyone else agrees?

7. #57 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    I agree, but it depends on the bike. The Qingqi/Pioneer sourced enduro/motard bikes that these are seem to be proven high(er) quality for years now; others, not so much, although in the US at least, since the bikes have had to meet minimum emission rating since the mid-2000s, have generally weeded out the bargain basement crap the last few years (probably the worldwide economic climate having something to do with it, too).

I will rave about my TMEC 200, in spite of issues here and there with fit and finish (and loose bolts) because I know that if I needed a new one, it would cost me $1600 US including shipping, about 1/3 the cost of purchasing a brand new Honda CRF250 enduro for $4300 US plus fees,etc. Yes, the Honda would be near perfect, but I would have to finance it, vs. paying cash for the TMEC.

As good as the Qingqi/Pioneer bikes are, they have had to lower the price a few hundred dollars US, because at $3000 US, plus fees, one still has a good chance they would have to finance it. In the L.A. online ads, dealers are offeringthe 250 in the $2500 US range, out the door price, with the 200 a few hundred less, out the door.

8. #58 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    People keep repeating themselves, in the UK you have dealers and consumer protection laws, we do as well but if you buy online you give that away. If you get a defect you deal with it through phone calls and emails, pay to ship any parts and take responsibility to do the work.

It is not only about the quality or perceived sense of quality, it has risk and it never goes away, as it ages and it needs maintenance you do that and with no decent support system.

You need a part in the UK you go online and order it, heck they offer fair prices for spares and also free shipping. That is not the case here and not for you as a purchaser and not even for any shop selling them. They said f that first and continue to say f them.

The Chinese do not know how to get it right they in the USA they simply cannot because all that is behind them is messed up, it like a cluster fuck down the line.

Who is going to buy containers of bikes online from somebody that is called Mr, Rainbow from golden ring trading company.

If you want one of these bikes I would suggest going through T-Bolt, they have demonstrated technical knowledge, but they still have to go through SSR that has to order out of Pioneer that orders out of tom dick and hairy supply and or Jinan Qingqi which is only allowed to open for business every other second Thursday because the local magistrate found them selling bikes that are not legal and also embezzling funds.

9. #59 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your opinions guys. I really appreciate it. I grew up with Jap bikes so I know what the build quality is like with them and I also purchased 2 SSR 125cc pit bikes a few months ago and was surprisingly impressed with build quality of those.

That being said, I think I made a better purchase for my situation right now. I have a 2008 Yamaha R6s and my fiance has been wanting to get a bike to ride with me and that is the main reason I was looking at the xf 250, so she would have something not to expensive for her first bike, but I found a deal on a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200 that I feel made it a better purchase than the SSR.

I still think I am going to pick up a couple of the SSR xf 250's around tax time for me and my buddies to ride, but for now this will keep us entertained.

Thanks again guys, and I will post a thread if I purchase the SSR's

10. #60 Re: SSR / Pioneer XF250 
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleLove View Post
    but I found a deal on a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200 that I feel made it a better purchase than the SSR.
    XF250 vs Bandit 1200 for her FIRST bike???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast