Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Has anyone heard about the gw250s? Based from recent articles this is the new generation of suzuki's gw250. The older black and red gw will have a tricolor rivals coming its way....the new gen will include faired version aswell and will have an additional 3k on its retail, worth it?

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...wfyFsES3LDFTzA

p.s.

Anyone knows a reliable dealer of gw250 in shanghai,i know it was mentioned here already but found too many threads related to it. Sorry for the inconvinience.....

Cheers....
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Yes i have seen the GW 250 in UK only been out a few months & is marketed under the name Suzuki Inazuma.Not seen one in these great coulours though.https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/.../moto...gw/inazuma-250
    Play fast die last

3. #3 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Here's a very thin review, which includes data from the Suzuki press release. They are quoting the price at US$6000; does that mean it's in the US market too?

Suzuki's UK web site has a list price of 3408 sterling.

Any Japanese speakers who can enlighten us as to what Inazuma means, and how it's written in kanji?

Oh, and there's a facebook page for folks who don't have better things to do...

cheers
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    By the way, there's a very rich thread on this bike here in MCM. No need to start new threads when good ones already exist!

cheers
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai

5. #5 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Chief...

Its the "new" GW...Dont u think it deserves a new thread?

I know your intention is good but for a guy who seems articulate using an exclamation point at the end of a sentence doesnt sound
    like a your offering a suggestion.

I dont know if it comes with age or your just enjoying being grumpy.

CHEERS!!!

6. #6 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Dear xtoss,

Thanks for you observations. We don't have a lot of rules in MyChinaMoto, and I'm just a user like you. Not an admin, not a moderator, not a chief. Anyone can create a new thread any time. My concern is for trying to find a balance between the interests of people contributing information and those consuming information, especially those who are searching the forum.

Today I glanced at MCM and saw yet another thread about the GW250, this one also rich with information about Suzuki's global rollout in the new model year. For someone who's interested in the bike, as I assume you are, the landscape is not improved by having new threads competing with ongoing threads, competing with existing threads. I don't have an answer to this, nor do I have any special right to decree any one approach, but as a motorcyclist in China who wants to find information quickly and efficiently, I tend to lean toward capturing more information in a single thread, rather than spreading it out over multiple threads.

One strong thread on the GW250 is probably going to have a more usefulness to more people, than a scattershot approach.

Also, by attaching a date to your new thread, it makes it feel really fresh, but in about six or eight months, it's going to feel very passe. I guess the question is whether we want to have more of a wikipedia approach or a news service approach. Wikipedia disciplines itself to keep all relevant information captured in a sensible, logical manner. A news service doesn't care about tomorrow, just about getting information out today, without much regard for who receives it and how.

As to my state of mind when posting, I can say this: grumpiness is a prerogative of age, and I lay some claim to both. But my interest is not to shame. If the exclamation point (and I think I showed maturity and reserve by using only one) meant anything, it was to urge you to please reflect a bit before starting new threads. MCM is a wonderful forum, and I hope all of us can work toward the goal of keeping it fun and useful and collaborative.

!

Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai

7. #7 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Sure...whatever paps!

8. #8 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Hmmm. Why does it not surprise me that you are not used to people taking you seriously?

Here's hoping you eventually manage to actually get a bike, and maybe even join us on some rides.

Good luck.
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai

9. #9 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Hmmm. Why does it not surprise me that you are not used to people taking you seriously?

Here's hoping you eventually manage to actually get a bike, and maybe even join us on some rides.

Good luck.
    Euphonius
    why am i not surprise your still talking?

it started as a joke but you're really starting to sound like the old farts living next to me,
    "why play music so loud",..... "why dont throw garbage everyday"...."me so horny me love you long time".....:)

just drop it already! jeez..... have it move or erase by the admin, i wouldn't care less.

cheers

10. #10 Re: 2013 suzuki gw250s 
    Jeez Xtoss. Has anyone heard about the GW250, err that will be everyone? Stop being a douche to Euph and just read the old thread. Any Haojue dealer can order you a GW250 if they haven't got one on the showroom floor 24,800 yuan or something not including plates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast