Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Taking pictures

1. #1 Taking pictures 
    Most people always dream about being able to take a great picture and end up concentrating too much on the camera that is used and have some idea in their mind that the reason a pro photographer takes good photos is because he has a really kickass camera. In the film age this was totally untrue and in the digital age there is only a small amount of truth to it. Any camera in capable hands can take a good picture and I hope some of my recommendations and suggestions can help. If anyone else has any other ideas or feels like I'm talking completely out of my ass please feel free to tell me.

When taking pictures it is always a good idea to slow down and take your time. I know a lot of people feel like a PEE-NUS when they're holding a camera and espesically when they're taking pictures of other people but there are some good basics that can be learned quickly and easily to make your pictures look better.

So now let's say you have a subject and you've found a cool place to take a picture of your bikini model and/or motorcycle what else should you think about before pushing the magic button on the camera to capture what your eyes and mind see.

The most important factor when taking a picture is LIGHT. You should pay close attention to the shadows and look at the picture as a complete piece of work.

The best time to take a picture during the day is during early the dawn hours or as the sun is setting in the evening. If you shoot your pictures during this time they will come out with more of an optical punch and not look so flat.

A high sun overhead tends to cast bad shadows and make the highlights of your subject, be it motorcycle or bikini model or both look too bright. This will cause your image to look dull and leave you wondering why the hell does your picture look so dull and dreary.