Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: bore kits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 bore kits 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    my mates father who is in the trade of building motors bikes and cars, told my that my kaiser 125 has a honda cg engine, (the bike is an 07 plate if that matters) he then added he could get a bore kit to turn it into a 200cc bike???????? after looking around for 2/3 weeks ive seen bore kits labled 125 to 150 but not up to 200cc. but i have found on labeled cg 200 bore kit which im told is the beauty i need. anyone tried this out i know it wont go break neck speeds but for £50 it could be fun, but id like to here anyones advise or experiences.

cheers rich

ps if im asked for links can i post them of the items ive mentioned?

2. #2 Re: bore kits 

3. #3 Re: bore kits 
    The kaiser is basically the same bike as the lexmoto xtrs, first identify if its ohc or ohv variation, but the limit seems to lie around the 150cc mark, the lifan 200cc engines have a longer stroke from doing homework and thekind help I've had from here.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

My Project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

4. #4 Re: bore kits 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by arancara View Post
    The kaiser is basically the same bike as the lexmoto xtrs, first identify if its ohc or ohv variation, but the limit seems to lie around the 150cc mark, the lifan 200cc engines have a longer stroke from doing homework and thekind help I've had from here.
    i think you are correct with that statement from what i have seen, but can your self or anyone tell me if its the honda cg engine? i do believe its a 64 mil piston

5. #5 Re: bore kits 
    Stock engine will be 56mm for the 125, possibly even a 57mm depending on engine, first thing is to identify the engine, mines a 156fmi, but again this engine exists in several forms. The first one used n the bikes was the CG copy of OHV, then they did a OHC version, then another OHC version with a balanced crank. Both OHC versions are the same just one variant is wider to accommodate the balance.
    Lexmoto XTR-S 156FMI (156cc big bore) - 163FML Cams (+1mm lift) - Foam Filter - Sports Exhaust - 17T Sprocket - 110 Main Jet - PZ30 Carb - Aprillia RS Ignition Coil - Casoli CDI

6. #6 Re: bore kits 
    Stock is 56.5, chinese calls them 156 /157 depends who's the maker

7. #7 Re: bore kits 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by arancara View Post
    Stock engine will be 56mm for the 125, possibly even a 57mm depending on engine, first thing is to identify the engine, mines a 156fmi, but again this engine exists in several forms. The first one used n the bikes was the CG copy of OHV, then they did a OHC version, then another OHC version with a balanced crank. Both OHC versions are the same just one variant is wider to accommodate the balance.
    can you explain what ohc and ohv are?

also how i can find out what it is, from the info off the top of my head, its a kaiser ks 125-23 2007 plate?
    Last edited by rmkillerman; 05-28-2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: more info

8. #8 Re: bore kits 
    OHC = Overhead cam, meaning the cam is at the top of the engine
    OHV = Overhead valves, meaning the valves are controlled by the bottom end of the engine

If you had the head of the main difference you would notice is, on the OHC would be a giant rectangle cut out for where the chain runs through to the cam, whereas in a OHV you wouldn't have this cut out, you would just have holes for the valves. Easiest way I suppose would be to look if you have a tensioner, if you have then its OHC.

9. #9 Re: bore kits 
    Quote Originally Posted by rmkillerman View Post
    also how i can find out what it is...
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...yes&authorid=2
    Nipples: OHC (CB) Navel: OHV (CG)

10. #10 Re: bore kits 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Can you find me another cb150 sports cams, as I tried looking on taobao and can't find anything apart from that seller you supplied me with. However when using an agent the seller did not respond on several occasions on a span of several weeks :( Thanks in advance if you do find anything :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast