Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto & KTM

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Are the Freerides made in India?

The 200 Duke sells in Malaysia, it is made in India and sells for….
    21,390.00 MYR = 41,313.80 CNY

Compare the two Import markets from the same export country…

Chinese Duty and Tax:
    Motorcycle has an import duty rate of 45% and VAT rate of 17%, Consumption Tax rate is 10%. According to Chinese laws and Regulation for Compulsory Product Certification, importation of this item may be subjected to CCC (China Compulsory Certification) certificate.

Malaysian Duty and Tax:
    Motorcycle has an import duty rate of 30% , excise fee of 30% and VAT rate of 10%.

If they are going to be manufacturing the units in China they will be making a substantial profit. That was likely the deal that CFMOTO presented, in why pay the tax to the PRC we can make them and you can give us that 45%? The offer that CFMOTO likely made or had to beat was the price at the border coming out of India…they had to beat the landing costs.

That’s the bubble, it endures until somebody offers a better bike for less.

The 200 really is not worth 6K
    The 300 really is not worth 8K

The GW250 pricing is more realistic and would have similar production costs, it also has a similar business model. The Chinese model is not less expensive, it is actually inefficient, it has to many players. The partnering raises production costs and in that causes inflated retail prices.

2. #92 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Let's wait and see what will happen

3. #93 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    October 17 , in the world's most important exhibition event in Chongqing Mobo professional motorcycle meeting , KTM brand held a grand landing in China press conference to formally announce KTM brand to enter the Chinese market. In the KTM booth , 1190 ADVENTURE, 1190 ADVENTURE R, RC8 R, 690 DUKE, 690 DUKE R, 200 DUKE, 390 DUKE, 350 EXC-F, FREERIDE 350 , etc. The first popular models into the Chinese market to the full array , causing the industry , the media and the Chinese fans of great concern. ( Duty plus ) Hu bert , said: "With China 's rapid economic development, the Chinese motorcycle market for high-end , personalized growing potential demand for the product , we are convinced that the KTM is a great opportunity , we are very excited , has begun a long-term perspective to the planning and construction of KTM Chinese market . "
    KTM motorcycles, founded in Austria in 1934, Marty Richthofen , the past few years , KTM off-road motorcycles dominated several multinational events, in the famous Dakar Rally standings head is occupied for many years. In recent years , KTM began to get involved in the general street motorcycles and sports cars are manufactured, with a series of unique personality shine stylish, superior performance products , target market in the world and won a good reputation and reputation. The Chongqing Mobo will , KTM unveiled a high-rise in the booth for the Chinese market, the new opening of the new trademark - KTMR2R, will win fans worldwide recognition and love signs Orange Logo and resounding "READY TO RACE" slogan to China to the Chinese fans present and interpret the passion and vitality of the KTM brand image .
    KTM comes into the Chinese market motives ( duty plus ) Hubert , said : "KTM outside the target market in China has been very mature , with stable market share , in order to obtain greater opportunities and more long-term development we have to look into more potential markets , while China 's economic integration into the world economy and the Chinese motorcycle market, the speed of market transformation and development in recent years , so we feel enormous potential. Accordingly , K TM to China market strategy as an important step in the global market . "

Austrian KTM brand as a strategic partner in China , Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd., at a news conference , Mr. Lai Guogui introduced , CFMOTO with KTM there are many similarities, our products are focused on brand positioning high-end , Entertainment, the pursuit of personalized products , to advocate an active , healthy lifestyle motorcycle , precisely because of these essentially common, it led to cooperation between our two companies , in the future we will work with KTM in China do all kinds of events and activities to promote , the authentic KTM products to Chinese customers , so that they truly experience the world's top motorcycle brand brings high-performance products and better service. Meanwhile, as the spring force , we learn from this cooperation KTM operational ideas for the Chinese motorcycle market contribute to a brand .

For the media concern KTM market layout and product prices and other issues, ( duty plus ) Harald President replied: Chongqing Mobo will end , we'll be in Beijing , Shanghai , Chongqing, KTM 's first flagship store opened , and then we will find the most suitable promotional KTM dealer network , opening more flagship stores , as long as you agree KTM brand value, we warmly welcome you to join us ! As we are concerned about the price of products , we developed specifically for the Chinese market, a supply model , eliminating the need for more intermediate links , thereby reducing the cost of the vehicle . Meanwhile , we will use the spring force mature production platform model of CKD production in China 200DUKE, 390DUKE other models, true to Chinese consumers more cost- KTM products, just from the price point of view, we Chinese market launch of products have been very attractive.

As the news conference to enter the Chinese market for the first time KTM campaign is not only KTM " China strategy" clearly demonstrated , but also that the KTM degree of attention to the Chinese market . Invited to come to participate in the press conference China Association of Automobile Manufacturers Motorcycle Branch Secretary Mr. Li Bin spoke: Chinese motorcycle industry 's own product upgrading and structural adjustment in the domestic motorcycle emerging on the consumer market , leisure, entertainment , sport motorcycle market demand growth, consumer demand is gradually diversified , foreign brands in China sales increased significantly compared to the previous two years , we can see that Chinese leisure motorcycle market has great potential , so I am very optimistic about the KTM and spring power cooperation , one of the top foreign personalized motorcycle brand , a domestic adhere differences in the development of local brands , believe that their cooperation will give the Chinese motorcycle market has injected a breath of fresh vitality to China 's consumers with to better products for the Chinese motorcycle enterprises to upgrade to contribute !
    In the press conference scene in addition to KTM, the spring force stakeholders , there were more than 40 Chinese media and the first KTM dealer to the meeting.

Yeah can't read where KTM are producing motorcycles in China in that speal.happy to be proven wrong.Great so I can walk into to my local Ktm dealer in Shihezie and walk out with a KTM 990 adv with full road rego.

yeah right.

Last I was there I could get a Yamaha YZ 450 or Honda CRF 450 but ???? highly dubious of there orgins let alone getting street rego.But Hey they told me no problems.Rollon up Bikedoc.

Because there are now some people with serious amounts of dollars and places to ride the bikes and if there is a place in China where you can ride a Haybushu anywhere near their limits Xinjiang is the place.Same goes for the dirt bikes.

4. #94 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    October 17 , in the world's most important exhibition event in Chongqing Mobo professional motorcycle meeting , KTM brand held a grand landing in China press conference to formally announce KTM brand to enter the Chinese market. In the KTM booth , 1190 ADVENTURE, 1190 ADVENTURE R, RC8 R, 690 DUKE, 690 DUKE R, 200 DUKE, 390 DUKE, 350 EXC-F, FREERIDE 350 , etc. The first popular models into the Chinese market to the full array , causing the industry , the media and the Chinese fans of great concern. ( Duty plus ) Hu bert , said: "With China 's rapid economic development, the Chinese motorcycle market for high-end , personalized growing potential demand for the product , we are convinced that the KTM is a great opportunity , we are very excited , has begun a long-term perspective to the planning and construction of KTM Chinese market . "
    KTM motorcycles, founded in Austria in 1934, Marty Richthofen , the past few years , KTM off-road motorcycles dominated several multinational events, in the famous Dakar Rally standings head is occupied for many years. In recent years , KTM began to get involved in the general street motorcycles and sports cars are manufactured, with a series of unique personality shine stylish, superior performance products , target market in the world and won a good reputation and reputation. The Chongqing Mobo will , KTM unveiled a high-rise in the booth for the Chinese market, the new opening of the new trademark - KTMR2R, will win fans worldwide recognition and love signs Orange Logo and resounding "READY TO RACE" slogan to China to the Chinese fans present and interpret the passion and vitality of the KTM brand image .
    KTM comes into the Chinese market motives ( duty plus ) Hubert , said : "KTM outside the target market in China has been very mature , with stable market share , in order to obtain greater opportunities and more long-term development we have to look into more potential markets , while China 's economic integration into the world economy and the Chinese motorcycle market, the speed of market transformation and development in recent years , so we feel enormous potential. Accordingly , K TM to China market strategy as an important step in the global market . "

Austrian KTM brand as a strategic partner in China , Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd., at a news conference , Mr. Lai Guogui introduced , CFMOTO with KTM there are many similarities, our products are focused on brand positioning high-end , Entertainment, the pursuit of personalized products , to advocate an active , healthy lifestyle motorcycle , precisely because of these essentially common, it led to cooperation between our two companies , in the future we will work with KTM in China do all kinds of events and activities to promote , the authentic KTM products to Chinese customers , so that they truly experience the world's top motorcycle brand brings high-performance products and better service. Meanwhile, as the spring force , we learn from this cooperation KTM operational ideas for the Chinese motorcycle market contribute to a brand .

For the media concern KTM market layout and product prices and other issues, ( duty plus ) Harald President replied: Chongqing Mobo will end , we'll be in Beijing , Shanghai , Chongqing, KTM 's first flagship store opened , and then we will find the most suitable promotional KTM dealer network , opening more flagship stores , as long as you agree KTM brand value, we warmly welcome you to join us ! As we are concerned about the price of products , we developed specifically for the Chinese market, a supply model , eliminating the need for more intermediate links , thereby reducing the cost of the vehicle . Meanwhile , we will use the spring force mature production platform model of CKD production in China 200DUKE, 390DUKE other models, true to Chinese consumers more cost- KTM products, just from the price point of view, we Chinese market launch of products have been very attractive.

As the news conference to enter the Chinese market for the first time KTM campaign is not only KTM " China strategy" clearly demonstrated , but also that the KTM degree of attention to the Chinese market . Invited to come to participate in the press conference China Association of Automobile Manufacturers Motorcycle Branch Secretary Mr. Li Bin spoke: Chinese motorcycle industry 's own product upgrading and structural adjustment in the domestic motorcycle emerging on the consumer market , leisure, entertainment , sport motorcycle market demand growth, consumer demand is gradually diversified , foreign brands in China sales increased significantly compared to the previous two years , we can see that Chinese leisure motorcycle market has great potential , so I am very optimistic about the KTM and spring power cooperation , one of the top foreign personalized motorcycle brand , a domestic adhere differences in the development of local brands , believe that their cooperation will give the Chinese motorcycle market has injected a breath of fresh vitality to China 's consumers with to better products for the Chinese motorcycle enterprises to upgrade to contribute !
    In the press conference scene in addition to KTM, the spring force stakeholders , there were more than 40 Chinese media and the first KTM dealer to the meeting.

Yeah can't read where KTM are producing motorcycles in China in that speal.happy to be proven wrong.Great so I can walk into to my local Ktm dealer in Shihezie and walk out with a KTM 990 adv with full road rego.

yeah right.

Last I was there I could get a Yamaha YZ 450 or Honda CRF 450 but ???? highly dubious of there orgins let alone getting street rego.But Hey they told me no problems.Rollon up Bikedoc.

Because there are now some people with serious amounts of dollars and places to ride the bikes and if there is a place in China where you can ride a Haybushu anywhere near their limits Xinjiang is the place.Same goes for the dirt bikes.
    Because if I was doing a SWOT analyses(but most times I find there just Bull####) value for dollar KTM in places XInjiang not Beiijing or Shanghai or Guangzhou(can't even have a bike there) well it shows KTM's swot anayles in China. Can I ride my new KTM adv990 in any ring road in Beijing ?? or Shanghai with out spending serious bucks.

5. #95 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Motorways (Beijing) is now an authorized KTM dealer. I popped by the shop yesterday. It was interesting.

As a long-time Harley owner/rider, I am often subjected to ridicule from my friends about all of the crazy HD-branded accessories that the MoCo sells.

Payback time … to you dirt riders out there … aka “dirties”

So, this is what I found at the KTM dealer …

1) When you get up in the morning, you can wear your KTM housecoat:

2) When you make your morning breakfast, you can have KTM toast, using your KTM mitts to prevent burns:

3) When the baby/kids get up, you can use KTM baby/children accessories:

4) And don’t forget to feed the dog its breakfast when it gets out of its KTM bed:

So, for whomever this matters to, I checked the packages and most were “Made In China.” Hmmmmm … I wonder if that is the partnership?

OK, I will now duck to avoid the flame.

Seriously, Motorways has redone its shop, and has the complete model line on display.

6. #96 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Motorways (Beijing) is now an authorized KTM dealer. I popped by the shop yesterday. It was interesting.

As a long-time Harley owner/rider, I am often subjected to ridicule from my friends about all of the crazy HD-branded accessories that the MoCo sells.

Payback time … to you dirt riders out there … aka “dirties”

So, this is what I found at the KTM dealer …

1) When you get up in the morning, you can wear your KTM housecoat:

2) When you make your morning breakfast, you can have KTM toast, using your KTM mitts to prevent burns:

3) When the baby/kids get up, you can use KTM baby/children accessories:

4) And don’t forget to feed the dog its breakfast when it gets out of its KTM bed:

So, for whomever this matters to, I checked the packages and most were “Made In China.” Hmmmmm … I wonder if that is the partnership?

OK, I will now duck to avoid the flame.

Seriously, Motorways has redone its shop, and has the complete model line on display.
    Say's it all.

Why aren't they promoting there #1 in moto 3

7. #97 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post

yeah right.

对于媒体关心的KTM市场布局以及产品售价等问题,(职务加上)Harald先生回答到:重庆 摩博会结束之 后,我们马上将在北京、上海、重庆开设KTM的首批旗舰店,之后我们将寻找最合适推广KTM的 经销商网络, 开设更多的旗舰店,只要你认同KTM的品牌价值,我们热忱欢迎你们的加盟!至于大家关心的产品售价问题,我 们特意针对中国市场制定了一套直供模式,省去了更多的中间环节,从而降低车辆的成本。同时,我 们还会利用春 风动力成熟的生产平台,以CKD的模式在中国生产200DUKE、390DUKE等车型,真正的为中国消费 者带来更为性价比的KTM产品,单纯从售价上来说,我们在中国市场投放的产品已经非常具有吸引 力。

Duìyú méitǐ guānxīn de KTM shìchǎng bùjú yǐjí chǎnpǐn shòu jià děng wèntí,(zhíwù jiā shàng)Harald xiānshēng huídá dào: Chóngqìng mó bó huì jiéshù zhīhòu, wǒmen mǎshàng jiàng zài běijīng, shànghǎi, chóngqìng kāishè KTM de shǒu pī qíjiàn diàn, zhīhòu wǒmen jiāng xúnzhǎo zuì héshì tuīguǎng KTM de jīngxiāo shāng wǎngluò, kāishè gèng duō de qíjiàn diàn, zhǐyào nǐ rèntóng KTM de pǐnpái jiàzhí, wǒmen rèchén huānyíng nǐmen de jiāméng! Zhìyú dàjiā guānxīn de chǎnpǐn shòu jià wèntí, wǒmen tèyì zhēnduì zhōngguó shìchǎng zhìdìngle yī tào zhí gōng móshì, shěng qùle gèng duō de zhōngjiān huánjié, cóng'ér jiàngdī chēliàng de chéngběn. Tóngshí, wǒmen hái huì lìyòng chūnfēng dònglì chéngshú de shēngchǎn píngtái, yǐ CKD de móshì zài zhōngguó shēngchǎn 200DUKE,390DUKE děng chēxíng, zhēnzhèng de wéi zhōngguó xiāofèi zhě dài lái gèng wèi xìngjiàbǐ de KTM chǎnpǐn, dānchún cóng shòu jià shànglái shuō, wǒmen zài zhōngguó shìchǎng tóufàng de chǎnpǐn yǐjīng fēicháng jùyǒu xīyǐn lì.

Despite your use of Google translate, you have missed the important aspect which I have highlighted in red for your convenience. ChūnFēng aka CFMoto aka Spring Force. Basically what the significant part in red reads, is that CFMoto (Spring Force) will be manufacturing/assembling the Duke200 & Duke390 in PRC (which might mean that rolling chassis is imported into PRC with some add-on parts either also imported or manufactured by CFMoto (aka Spring Force). If you don't get that from the highlighted text, then get a Mandarin speaking PERSON to help you out with deciphering it.

If one doesn't know the language, then it's not particularly wise to rely on Google translate or any other online translator as most I have found are really quite unreliable... given language idiosyncrasies, cultural meaning/definition and significance are often and likely lost. It was the very reason I did not simply cut and paste the copy from the press release and then use Google translate or other online translators and paste the results... as it's both unreliable and I don't need to.

I know what I have read, I know what I have been told from various sources, and yes, I am WELL aware of the TIC BS and fabrications, however bigdamo since you firmly believe you know it all... so if you aint liking it, then go piss on someone else's parade.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 10-27-2013 at 12:05 AM.

8. #98 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Ok guys that's nice. Bigdamo, it seems Bikerdoc was right about KTM and CFmoto. Let's give him the credit he deserves for having the inside info and move ok?

I want that baby bottle. For me i want it.

9. #99 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Ok guys that's nice. Bigdamo, it seems Bikerdoc was right about KTM and CFmoto. Let's give him the credit he deserves for having the inside info and move ok?

I want that baby bottle. For me i want it.
    should you of not put "ON" after move, shit me we all can make grammar errors Felix but just bad taste to say so
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #100 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    1190 ADVENTURE, 1190 ADVENTURE R,
    Does somebody know the price of this "big guys"?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast