Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 American Lifan's updated site 
    They have the same site, but updated the bikes to actually have specs and information about them, and a few detailed photos, as well as a toll-free number to call. Looks like a small, but calculated lineup, and does include a little 'city vehicle'. I am interested in their KP200 as my designated commuter, and I would like to have their X-pect 200 enduro for fun on the weekends.

http://americanlifan.com/

2. #2 Re: American Lifan's updated site 
    I was actually debating picking up the 200 ABS model they have for my wife. A little paranoid about quality though. I do ride with a guy here who has a lifan he has been riding for a few years and only had minor trouble. Maybe...
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

3. #3 Re: American Lifan's updated site 
    As far as American Lifan goes, they are supposed to be top-notch. My friend Alan Tang who runs Excalibur Motorsports in the US (they distribute Chinese bikes, but their main line is TGB Scooters of Taiwan) knows the head of American Lifan, and he tells me they intend to be only top-notch, blah, blah, blah. However, even me blowing off the statement since it gets overused, I do think there is truth to it, at least in the US. Not sure how they manufacture, but I am guessing they shouldn't be much less quality for the home market. Considering they won all those races, in China, with their KPR race bike, it wouldn't look good to have fatal flaws in their street products. What model are you considering?