Went to CFMoto Hangzhou yesterday, bit of a cluster fark, given the organisation I and a mate put into to go there (we drove up).

Saw the 650NK and 650TR, but no way to see the rumoured adventure / dual purpose bike.

Didn't get to see the guy who I deal with as he was away or too busy with business and instead organised a couple of young 'know-not-much' types from domestic sales. They wouldn't tell us anything or they simply didn't know anything about the rumoured CFMoto adventure bike at first. After some calls back and forth by all and each of us to other third parties, finally we were told that there is some form of collaboration between KTM and CFMoto (but not what form the collaboration takes) only seemingly that the KTM990ADV (although it may have been the KTM690 - but who knows in the TIC translation BS) forms the basis of the CFMoto adventurer design, but with the same 650 inline twin cylinder engine as shared with the NK & TR. The only thing I could find remotely mentioning any type of tie-up between CFMoto & KTM mentions a J/V on the KTM forums here. Even KTM's own corporate website doesn't make any mention of any tie-up with CFMoto.

No word really on ETA, as it's hush-hush and still in development. I guess it's just a matter of watch this space. I have been told so many different possible release dates, I give up!!! - throwing my hands up in the air in disgust!

We saw a couple of other groups of foreigners at CFMoto, most likely potential overseas buyers, which is par-for-course given my last trip and experience at CFMoto Hangzhou where I saw and even talked with a few interested importers/exporters.

The two groups yesterday were each with their own hosts, and seemingly too pre-occupied so we didn't cross paths to have the chance to speak with them.

We left CFMoto none the wiser concerning the adventurer / dual purpose bike, though with a few more possibilities over the potential KTM involvment but again who knows given the TIC BS!

Only time will tell.

Aside from that there is a new dedicated CFMoto shop that has opened in Taizhou where it's said it is possible to test ride before one buys a CFMoto. Interestingly the CFMoto Zhejiang distributor or agent is based in Taizhou, and I've been to his shop. He carries a few other brands too e.g. Shineray, Piaggio, & Galaxy plus a couple of other brands. But no test rides at that shop. The new CFMoto shop in Taizhou is separate from the agents shop.