Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto & KTM

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. #101 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    KTM will be importing a line (see below) and setting up stores in selected cities were they believe they will have the best potential for sales, the 200 and 390 will be imported as completely knocked down units and assembled by CFMOTO.

Source:
    Moto8 forum (Chinese)

KTM officially entered the Chinese market, introducing a number of popular models (prices in RMB):

1190 KTM ADVENTURE price: 225,000. 150 horsepower, seat height 860/875mm, 212kg, six-speed gearbox, slip clutch, standard BOSCH 9ME ABS brakes, Brembo forged calipers, has four driving modes adjust, MTC traction control system, standard 19-inch front / rear 17-inch spokes vacuum wheels, tire pressure monitoring, EDS Electronic WP high performance suspension system, anti-shakes, LED daytime running lights, height-adjustable windscreen, standard comfort front seats and the latest MSC separate vehicle stability system.

KTM 1190 ADVENTURE R price: 230,000. 150 horsepower, seat height 890mm, 217kg, six-speed gearbox, slip clutch, standard BOSCH 9ME ABS brakes, Brembo forged calipers, has four driving modes adjust , MTC traction control system, standard 21-inch front / rear 18-inch spokes vacuum wheels, tire pressure monitoring, extended front and rear suspension travel (220mm), high-performance multi-stage adjustable WP suspension systems, anti-shakes, Configure pull-type comfortable seats, engine protection bars, tinted windshield and sport the latest BOSCH MSC standard vehicle stability system.

KTM RC8 R price: 258,000. 175 horsepower, seat height 805/825mm, six-speed gearbox, standard slip clutch, chrome molybdenum alloy frame, aluminum subframe. WP multi-adjustable front and rear suspension settings, standard anti-shakes, Brembo four-piston calipers forged, purely mechanical violence experience.

KTM 690 DUKE price: 128,000. 68 horsepower, standard ABS brakes, WP shock absorbers, 149kg. The newly designed body, headlights and side exhaust allows the 690 DUKE to appear "tougher".

KTM 690 DUKE R price: 148,000. 70 horsepower, 149.5KG. R version adds engine protection bars, Brembo forged calipers, Akrapovic exhaust, Scorpio front and rear adjustable compression, preload WP shock absorbers, longer front and rear suspension travel (150mm) and a CNC cut-down, let 690 DUKE R appear more aggressive. Standard ABS. 865mm seat height.

KTM 390 DUKE price forecast is about 50,000. KTM 390 DUKE localized version is expected to be on sale in the spring of 2014. 139kg. 44 horsepower, 800mm seat height, WP inverted fork, standard ABS system.

KTM 200 DUKE price forecast is about 40,000. KTM 200 DUKE localized version is expected to be on sale in the spring of 2014. 129.5kg, optional ABS.

KTM FREERIDE 350 price: 138,000. 99.5 kg featherweight body, seat height 895mm. Can be plated in China

KTM 350 EXC-F price: 156,000. 107.2kg, seat height 970mm, maximum ground clearance 345mm, has a longer rear suspension stroke setting (300/335mm). Can be plated in China.
    Last edited by MJH; 10-26-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: I thought that TIC was an acronym for Thread Is Coitused.

2. #102 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Strange that there's no announcement yet on the KTM website, in German or English, and virtually no international coverage of the news conference. Today I did find the story attached below on a website called Authentic Spirit, whatever that is.

The story includes a picture of a ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring someone called "Mr Trunkenpolz" identified as KTM CSO, whatever a CSO is. The article mentions only cooperation, and a mention that the 200 and 300 will be "imported ... on a CKD basis," which means some kind of knockdown kit, with final assembly in China. Clearly this is a high-level strategic engagement, and includes trust of CFMoto/Chunfeng to lay their spanners and ratchets on at least two KTM jewels. I didn't know this until today, but the T in KTM stands for Trunkenpolz (which I suspect is German for "intoxicated ferret"). OK, the whole acronym comes from Krafträder Trunkenpolz Mattighofen (which in German means "cheese-bartering intoxicated ferrets from the lesser Alps"). But I guess that Mister Trunkenpolz is a direct descendant of KTM founder Hans Trunkenpolz.

It's a sad day when the international motorcycling press drops the ball on such a significant story.

Anyway, my bet is that this will mean only good things for the development of our sport in China, and it's bloody well about time. Now where are the Japanese? When will they smell the coffee and realize that China is not just farmers and the super rich? As for BigDamo's point that the emerging Chinese middle class is obsessed with cars, not bikes, implying that KTM's, and BMW's, and Harley's, and others' gradual entry to China is trivial and meaningless, I'd suggest that we stand back and evaluate the ratio of bikes purchased to cars purchased in Australia or Europe or America, and I'm guessing the numbers would be laughably trivial as well. Surely more than 99% of "first world" middle-class people, maybe even 99.9%, prefer a car to a motorcycle. Why should we expect China to be any different?

cheers
    euphonius, enjoying his last few days in gloriously sunny California...

KTM and Cfmoto now cooperating
    25.10.2013 -

KTM's engagement quality proof for Cfmoto products

On the 17th October, KTM and Cfmoto officially announced the launch of their cooperation in China with KTMR2R trademark.

This is the proof of the important ascent Cfmoto had over the past years after the launch of some very popular and affordable vehicles which guaranteed success both on the European and American markets. And now their success is rewarded with the partnership with one of the world’s most renowned brands, which will help the Asian maker produce even better and more performant vehicles.

Mr. Trunkenpolz (KTM CSO) said “The rapid development of the Chinese economy is giving rise to a new type of Chinese customer, one who demands product differentiation. KTM has the product to fill this gap in the market and the perfect partner in Cfmoto to see the process through for the long-term.”

When asked about the timing of KTM’s entry into China, Mr. Trunkenpolz explained, “KTM is experiencing greater success in emerging markets than we ever thought was possible. Considering the current economic development of China and how the motorcycle market is maturing here, we feel that this move fits our globalisation strategy right now.”

Mr. Lai (Cfmoto president) mentioned that Cfmoto has many similarities with KTM, and that their partnership was a natural fit. Both Cfmoto and KTM emphasize high-end performance motorcycles that form part of the rider’s lifestyle. Based on this shared philosophy, KTM and Cfmoto will cooperate to promote the orange brand in China.

In answer to many of the media’s questions, Mr. Plöckinger (KTM COO) contributed, “after this Chongqing show, we will immediately open our first dealers in Shanghai and Beijing, and then going into 2014 we will continuously be expanding the dealer network in China. In order to offer a competitive price to the customer in China Cfmoto will import the 200 & 300 DUKE on a CKD basis.”

The press conference was the first KTM activity in China and is tangible proof of the transformation that is occurring in the Chinese motorcycle market.

Chinese motorcycle association chairman Mr. Li developed on this point, “The Chinese motorcycle market is going through a structural adjustment and the products on offer are being updated as a result. The rise of the motorcycle as a lifestyle is upon us, which highlights the potential need for companies such as KTM and Cfmoto. So personally I have a lot of confidence in this cooperation between Cfmoto and KTM, one is an internationally famous brand, the other is a local firm that insists on a differentiated development strategy – I believe this cooperation will be a breath of fresh air in the Chinese motorcycle market and provide Chinese customers a higher quality product and service.

Two dealers are already open in Shanghai and Beijing and the full KTMR2R product range will arrive in store early 2014.

KTM was founded in 1953 in Mattighofen, Austria. Since its inception, KTM has won many world championships including a streak of 12 consecutive wins in the world-famous Dakar Rally, which they will defend in 2014. Recently, KTM has stepped into the street bike arena and is encountering success at every corner. The entrance into China was logical and is an extension of the globalisation strategy of the company.

Cfmoto was founded in 1989 and teaming up with more than 1500 companions. It has developed various differentiated products distributed in over 70 countries and regions. Cfmoto
    is edging into the advanced ranks in the world in the powersports industry and aims at supplying super products to dealers and fans globally.

jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #103 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    1190 ADVENTURE, 1190 ADVENTURE R,
    Does somebody know the price of this "big guys"?
    From memory Sabine it was a cool and easy 225000 as posted by LJH on page 6 and then MJH on page 11 of this thread. But if you look at this link the price is 257000 which was provided to me by Mr Lan HOD at CFMoto which I had posted back on page 1 of this thread (original link) http://brand.newmotor.com.cn/KTM302/

4. #104 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    A little humour if I may...

“When his life was ruined, his family poor and left destitute, his home and farm destroyed, "Bigdamo" knelt down on the ground beneath him and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "...There's just something about you that pisses me off.”

Adapted from: Stephen King "Storm of the Century"

5. #105 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Now where are the Japanese?
    They already had their fingers burnt. It's like someone sold a bunch of Honda blueprints around 2000. The companies name starts with J and ends in 'ing'.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    As for BigDamo's point that the emerging Chinese middle class is obsessed with cars, not bikes, implying that KTM's, and BMW's, and Harley's, and others' gradual entry to China is trivial and meaningless,
    He's right, they are obsessed with cars, but the next generation who've been sitting in gridlock in the back of cars since they were kids feel like an expensive bike has a place in their garage when then get rich (along with a bunch of cars). Also when there is utter gridlock everywhere the government will eventually take cars of the list of 'what every patriotic good Chinese person must want'. Also it looks like there will be enough decent bikes assembled and made in China for bikes to grow massively as a leisure sector, although sales of farmer bikes will fall drastically as the farmers can afford cheap cars like mianbaoche's and three wheelers more readily. Fact is by numbers, if China's motorcycle market is only 10% the size of Japans that means the same level of sales.

KTM 390 DUKE price forecast is about 50,000. KTM 390 DUKE localized version is expected to be on sale in the spring of 2014. 139kg. 44 horsepower, 800mm seat height, WP inverted fork, standard ABS system.
    I'm seriously considering selling my CFMOTO 650NK and buying this bike. Power to weight is incredible similar to a Yamaha RD350. which was a bonkers 2 stroke. I have the most fun on mountain roads and large outdoor kart tracks. This bike would rip, it's a freaking weapon.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ull/23845.html

6. #106 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post

“When his life was ruined, his family poor and left destitute, his home and farm destroyed, "Bigdamo" knelt down on the ground beneath him and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "...There's just something about you that pisses me off.”

:
    :
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #107 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    C-Moto Noob
    The three of you are such a bunch of shit stirrers.

Very interesting thread otherwise.

8. #108 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by sinocyclops View Post
    The three of you are such a bunch of shit stirrers.

Very interesting thread otherwise.

Hi Sinocyclops

And welcome to MCM. Great first post , what part of China are you from, do you ride a bike , nice to here a bit about you, would be nice for you introduce yourself formally.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #109 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post

I don't see the humor in it all I see is a bitter condescending comment from a *****. Hey both houses are going great. Fit out on new apartment in Shihezi finally finished and Mother in law moved in(and before you have a go at that I LOVE my mother inlaw(sic) she's great) New farm survived the floods of winter and cows fattening up extremely well.Will go to market at the end of summer in great shape but hey that's just a hobbie(sic)Real business is moving along OK.Well I made my peace with God a long time ago and with everything at present going OK I guess I'm not that much of an A****** in his eyes.

Yeah I know it was a quote but I just like rubbing it in Knowing your stuck in a small apartment with no view.With a couple of young kids bouncing off the walls well they will be with winter just around the corner.Bit of humor if I may.

Hey I must apologize as KTM is manufacturing in China (well it looks like they are just assembling them in China to me but what the Hey)

Well as I said my Mandarin is poor very poor but I bow to your greatness O holy Thesis one.I asked my wife to translate and some friends but they all said why the hell are you bothering with this and what the hell is a KTM(even though I snuck(sic) a orange machine into the garage and my wife did twig to it being another addition.

As I said in one of my post along time ago China will catch up to Japan in terms of motorcycle manufacturing but as it was pointed out to me at the time (I think by CrazyCarl but don't quote me on that one)That Chinese motorcycle manufacturers are more than happy to keep on manufacturing 150cc motorcycles for want of a better word for third world countries more money in that.Which at the time I thought about and who ever said it was right.

Sure all big business have to expand figures and looking at new markets to get those figures give pen pushers in glass towers ways ways to justify there(sic) positions doesn't mean there(sic) always right.

10. #110 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    [...]
    I'm seriously considering selling my CFMOTO 650NK and buying this bike. Power to weight is incredible similar to a Yamaha RD350. which was a bonkers 2 stroke. I have the most fun on mountain roads and large outdoor kart tracks. This bike would rip, it's a freaking weapon.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ull/23845.html
    Nice link, I was wondering about the faired version of it.

Wonder if this one will make it here.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast