Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto & KTM

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. #121 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    I had a visit yesterday at BJ KTM close to 798.
    Some nice bikes, yes.
    But to ask 154k RMB for the 300 EXEC Enduro is ridiculous.
    ..... and the most suitable KTM for China, the 690 R Enduro they dont have at all ..... disappointed.

KTM690R.jpg
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #122 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    I had a visit yesterday at BJ KTM close to 798.
    Some nice bikes, yes.
    But to ask 154k RMB for the 300 EXEC Enduro is ridiculous.
    ..... and the most suitable KTM for China, the 690 R Enduro they dont have at all ..... disappointed.

KTM690R.jpg
    I wouldn't worry about it. If the bike isn't built in China you'll wait weeks or months for parts. The 390 Duke looks like it will be the bike for China as CFMOTO will be building it, but I'd love the RC390.

3. #123 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    I have to apologize to bikedoc rereading this thread I have been to harsh.

4. #124 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    I have to apologize to bikedoc rereading this thread I have been to harsh.
    “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
    Bruce Lee

5. #125 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    MJH, what you are talking about is purely management related. Companies are run despotically, power is clung to good advice and bad advice is equally dismissed. CEOs want to be experts, but they aren't and kill their own businesses. All you have to do is ask customers what they want, but no, that's too easy, the CEO can guess what they want, when they get it wrong the whole thing collapses. I'd suspect most motorcycle related successes are due to importers or riders telling Chinese companies what to make early on, when the Chinese were so clueless they had to ask. Later on 'they think they know' and must take control or lose 'face', of course they don't and this is where the problems start. Main reason why the JV's work much better. When the bigger more experienced companies call the shots things work much better.

I doubt a KTM/CFMOTO JV would work out. KTM will want to use CFMOTO the same way Suzuki use Haojue, and provide the Chinese market with KTM at a cheaper price point, and then export KTM for cheaper price points to the west to compete with Japanese bike export prices from Made in Thailand bikes. However by now CFMOTO management probably think their own farts smell good and will want to make decisions and have equal input or even call the shots, which obviously would be a disaster. I doubt Chinese management can tolerate the thought that KTM are masters and they are the noobs. I hope I'm wrong and actually CFMOTO do have a mature enough culture, time will tell.
    Its not the same relationship as that of Haojue and Suzuki, were Haojue actually got to develop a totally new model. What is obvious is that there are no copies of the GW250 not a one. That means the partnership is solid and appreciated mutually. If anyone comes to the table of negotiating wondering how can I fuck you then the other will strive to fuck them back and the technology will go out the back door.

6. #126 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    The new CFMoto KTM Duke 200 and 390 models are selling like crazy and this from the mouth of Marius Schiller, Area Sales & marketing Manager ABUS mobile security devision whom I met and was speaking with yesterday. By his account the Hanghzou KTMR2R shop (there are several) cannot keep up with the demand on the Duke390. Over 100 sold in the Hangzhou stores.

ABUS manufacture various types of locks for different applications including motorcycle locks in ABUS German factory e.g disc locks and more, and are partnered with CFMoto to offer locks wholesale to the KTMR2R stores. ABUS also make bicycle locks and door locks, the latter of these are also manufactured in ABUS JV factories in Shenzhen. The motorcycle locks are not made in PRC though, only made in the German factory.

KTMR2R NB 01.jpg

KTMR2R NB 03.jpg KTMR2R NB 04.jpg

KTMR2R NB 05.jpg

Duke 390 MSRP 49800kuai plus tax and plating...

CFMoto welcomes KTM VIPs
    Note in the link that the 650MT or 650AK adveturer tourer is mentioned under the photo of the 650TR/TK bottom right corner "CFMOTO 650 TK, currently the most modern China bike. The next 650 Adventure Tourer was designed by Gerald Kiska"

CFMoto_Werk_Rezeption_kl.jpg
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 10-17-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #127 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Guys, sorry to hijack somewhat, but I'm wondering if you have email and phone contact information for the KTM (_BMW?) shop in 798/751?
    I went there a couple of months ago and bought a Schuberth helmet. Cardo Bluetooth comms and a bunch of other stuff. But despite getting numerous business cards I cannot find any, or an email address or a phone number :(

I want to buy another helmet for my wife, but I need to check/make sure they have the right size before we arrive in Beijing in a little over a week.

By the way, the Schuberth C3 is great and worked super well on a trip through the countryside of Mongolia (outer).

However I have an intermittent fault with one of the speakers, so I'd also like to get them to look at that.
    I'm only in BJ for 2 days though so I need to get helmet and Cardo sorted before I arrive.

PS: I have 2 x BMW 650 GS, a KTM 450 EXC and a cheapy Chinese offroader (Roncin?)

8. #128 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    [QUOTE=Rabidwombatz;69829]Hi Guys, sorry to hijack somewhat, but I'm wondering if you have email and phone contact information for the KTM (_BMW?) shop in 798/751?
    I went there a couple of months ago and bought a Schuberth helmet. Cardo Bluetooth comms and a bunch of other stuff. But despite getting numerous business cards I cannot find any, or an email address or a phone number :(

I want to buy another helmet for my wife, but I need to check/make sure they have the right size before we arrive in Beijing in a little over a week.

By the way, the Schuberth C3 is great and worked super well on a trip through the countryside of Mongolia (outer).

NEW CFMOTO 650 MT 2017 EURO 4
    Attached Images

9. #129 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    check your PM
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213