Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto & KTM

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    whats that, you'll eat your....___________
    So you seriously believe a major European motorcycle manufacturer ie KTM are going to let some Chinese motorcycle manufacturer add bits to their KTM a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer that still can't get their own bikes right.Which Chinese motorcycle manufacturer can get their bikes right.As I say YEAH RIGHT.

I always love the "I spoke to a friend/guy someone high up etc etc" rumors there are so many on this site.Chinese whispers eh.

2. #12 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I hope it works out OK. I just worry because most consumers, western or Chinese just don't want any Chinese involvement in high end expensive goods. Certainly there is much more risk for KTM than CFMOTO.

There are lots of similar examples with motorcycle and mountain bike production. When SR Suntour (cheap Taiwanese and China MTB fork maker) started producing forks for Marzocchi in around 2008 it caused lots of warranty issues and customer complaints. It worked really well for Suntour and they now produce much better forks these days.
    Loncin BMW, loads of other examples too.
    Your right Husqvarna ditched Marzocchi in favor of KYB after Marzocchi switched manufacturing to China.Marzocchi has lost serious cred with all the issues after switching manufacturing to China.The head of KTM bought Husqvarna off BMW and is trying to fix the problems.Bikedoc you don't think KTM have an inkling of how bad Chinese motorcyle companies are ?

3. #13 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    So you seriously believe a major European motorcycle manufacturer ie KTM are going to let some Chinese motorcycle manufacturer add bits to their KTM a Chinese motorcycle manufacturer that still can't get their own bikes right.Which Chinese motorcycle manufacturer can get their bikes right.As I say YEAH RIGHT.

I always love the "I spoke to a friend/guy someone high up etc etc" rumors there are so many on this site.Chinese whispers eh.

I am pretty sure if the Bikerdoc say this could happen then it will and i am very sure if he got it wrong he will say sorry WILL YOU ????

The one thing you are forgetting in this is greed!!!!

and stranger things happen in life
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I am pretty sure if the Bikerdoc say this could happen then it will and i am very sure if he got it wrong he will say sorry WILL YOU ????

The one thing you are forgetting in this is greed!!!!
    Oh I forgot bikedoc is GOD. Sure will eat my hat if I'm wrong. Greed KTM sales has risen hugely over the last decade by no coincidence alot of hard work was put in I'd say they ain't going to let some two bit Chinese manufacturer ruin all their hard work seriously their brand doesn't fit in with China .How many Chinese do you think would buy a 990 ADV bike either KTM or CFmoto or who ever.Chinese want BIG name brands show me the BLING.KTM would sell far more ADV bikes in Australia than China by along shot.

5. #15 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Oh I forgot bikedoc is GOD. Sure will eat my hat if I'm wrong. Greed KTM sales has risen hugely over the last decade by no coincidence alot of hard work was put in I'd say they ain't going to let some two bit Chinese manufacturer ruin all their hard work seriously their brand doesn't fit in with China .How many Chinese do you think would buy a 990 ADV bike either KTM or CFmoto or who ever.Chinese want BIG name brands show me the BLING.KTM would sell far more ADV bikes in Australia than China by along shot.

I dont think he every consider himself as a god ! but you are in Australia and he is in China not far away from CFmoto and boy will you look a fool if he is right you should think before you open up your mouth.....

Many people speak and criticize, very few listen and understand.

Before you open your mouth to point out someone else's flaws, take a quick look at yourself and make sure you're perfect first!

Before uttering something about another person, ask yourself 3 questions; is it true? Is it fair? Is it necessary? We are all different in our own way but at the end of the day, we all have feelings!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #16 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    KTM dealerships will be opening in Shanghai (Oct 19) and Beijing (Oct 20).

Beijing's dealer will be Motorway (in the 798 Art District - well, technically, the 751 district). Motorway is an established and respected dealer/distributor of several high-end, after-market product lines (e.g., Rev'It, Schuberth, Touratech, etc.). Good guys. I'm going to guess that prices will be high.

I've no idea about the Shanghai dealer, but apparently it is going to be operated by some guy named "Jimmy", who seems to be well-known in Shanghai. Perhaps a SH'r can chime in with more info.

7. #17 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar

Bigdamo. I have a life, a family, a career, a profession, a thesis to complete (almost done), and a real passion for motorcycles. I don't need make up shiet, just for, what, the _______ hell of it. I have way better things to do with my time.
    Since I happen to have two CFMoto's currently, and owned one before which I sold, I contact CFMoto from time to time to get items I want/need. The relationship has developed over the 8 years I've been dealing with them. However, change being a constant in all our lives, people at CFMoto have come and gone and continue to do so. Getting reliable information is not easy and is darn right difficult at the best of times.

Please take a moment and re-read my post again...

Spoke with my CFMoto contact, seems indeed likely that KTM and CFMoto are involved in a ADV style bike together.

I can't make that much sense of the discussion though as the contact said that the bike is going to be pretty expensive circa 200K. It was suggested that the bike will be primarily a KTM and lesser of the CFMoto element. Perhaps (this is my supposition) most of the running gear will be KTM and a few of the more simple components will be sourced from CFMoto, perhaps the rolling stock arrives in PRC to CFMoto from the KTM factory and then put together with the rest of the bolt-ons at CFMoto in HZ. So there is co-operation and likely licensing between CFMoto and KTM including that it's possible to order a KTM through CFMoto. Now I don't knoiw if that means a wholly 100% KTM or some sort of pre-order CFMoto-KTM ADV bike, so don't farkin shoot me down on that!

No idea where this leaves the 650 twin cylinder in all of this - likely too early to tell.

The official CFMoto announcement has not been released in this regard so that's all that I can get at the moment.

More info here

Note Bigdamo, where I stated it was not easy to understand what the HOD I was conversing with meant in relation to KTM, not helped by their cloak and dagger gag over the KTM involvement (also not helped by the difference in languages, and just how business is conducted here and the relationships component). It might be innocent, or it might need more time to play out, who knows. But note where I used the term supposition. I've no idea what CFMoto plans are or will be concerning KTM and CFMoto and I wrote as much. I was asked during the phone conversation if I wanted to buy a KTM, 'cause if I did I can order it through CFMoto factory.

I post what titbits of information I get when I can for the benefit of all here on MCM. Yes, sometimes it needs to be cloak and dagger type posts because I've been asked to protect my sources, or the information is "unofficial" or "secret"... just like trying to get the ADV information from CFMoto. It was several different people at CFMoto who mentioned KTM, after much prodding and prompting, and it first came to light on a visit a mate and I made to CFMoto being told to us... I didn't pull the information out of thin air nor my farkin arse.

I'm open to discussion on the subject Bigdamo, but not interested in a debate. Do I think I'm GOD, fark off... I'm not a narcissist.

Seriously, if you think you can get better information out of them, go for your life, call CFMoto, or email CFMoto - good luck cause they seemingly don't answer emails all that often, judging by various comments elsewhere and in the PM's I've received from other bikers trying to get CFMoto parts. But Bigdamo if you call them and get someone answering, pretend your a big "fish" and looking to buy a few container load of bikes or their other products ('cause they are pushing boats now), and maybe, just maybe you can get the low-down on the ADV bikes... 'cause that is after all the info I been trying to get.

8. #18 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Your right Husqvarna ditched Marzocchi in favor of KYB after Marzocchi switched manufacturing to China.Marzocchi has lost serious cred with all the issues after switching manufacturing to China.The head of KTM bought Husqvarna off BMW and is trying to fix the problems.Bikedoc you don't think KTM have an inkling of how bad Chinese motorcyle companies are ?
    I agree totally on this, and if you search for some of my posts you will find I have my views on PRC products, even those that can be made by JV's here. I'm sure KTM know only too well about the issues over QC, never mind, ethics, honesty and integrity when dealing with PRC companies.
    But Bigdamo, they wouldn't be the first company to be feed a whole bunch of bull faeces and lead down the garden path and fall for it hook line and sinker. Many companies and individuals, some of them very smart, have still sacrificed too much and lost even after all the due diligence.

Still even with all the negatives, there are plenty of vulnerable's getting of planes in PRC everyday.

9. #19 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    I post what titbits of information I get when I can for the benefit of all here on MCM.
    And it's appreciated

FWIW, there are 3 KTM's in my housing community here in Dongguan, including 1 brand spanking new 1190 Adventure. It's a great brand, hope they know what their doing with a China JV.

Cheers!

10. #20 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    And it's appreciated
    I second that.

BTW, in my opinion, any company that doesn't look at possibilities of, at least, somehow JV-ing with Chinese companies is foolish. I'm pretty sure that all the big players are doing this, in one form or another, and at various stages. Usually, it is a MUCH easier way to gain access to the domestic China market. KTM would be crazy to ignore the explosive growth of recreational motorcycling in China.

Even the king of "Made in America", Harley Davidson, has checked out options in China, and continues to do so. In its Annual Report, HD made reference to its new final assembly plant in India (a JV) and indicated that it is exploring similar ventures in other countries, including China. Also, many genuine HD parts are now sourced out of China (Made-in-China on the box).

And, of course, Europe's pride & joy, BMW, is already actively JV-ing in China, in parts, gear and clothing.

I'd guess that the ratio of exploratory discussions <-> actual pen-on-paper deals is around 1 in 10. Maybe KTM is "thinking it through" with CF-Moto?

Personally, though ... I'd never buy a KTM because I don't like hauling a trailer behind a bike (necessary for all the required special tools and spare parts). OK, my turn to duck.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast