Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: CFMoto & KTM

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Everything about the Duke 390 is smart…There will eventually be a Bajaj version of it just as there is a Bajaj version of the 200, but that 200 is far from a re-badge version of the Duke 200, it is different and so will the 390 version be different.

I cannot see today that type of logical synergy coming out of a KTM venture with CFMOTO….but what I can see is the connection between Bajaj and Kawasaki and that Bajaj is half of KTM. I also see Kawasaki technology at CFMOTO.

In Indonesia I am seeing the Bajaj
    Pulsar 200 branded with Kawasaki on it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=kawa...w=1024&bih=649

CFMOTO needs to work on its identity, its weak to me.

2. #52 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    CFMOTO has to do some vertical integration, they have to expand their offering and integrate technology from others and also integrate into distribution, like WK Bike and also Keller Moto. That’s the the UK market and also the Argentinean market. I wonder if they can pick up Bajaj single version of the 200cc the triple spark engine? CFMOTO does have distribution but its fragmented. They really should develop more engines……

3. #53 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    I still cannot understand why the 150cc bikes are not in the UK and or in Argentina? In the UK the misstep was not having a 125cc version but not being in Argentina and in the Keller line is not encouraging.

That means that the distributors see others as better options, which means they are not competing well and likely on prices. They can place the 600 but not the 150 they need to fix that.

Their 150 with EFI is at a disadvantage in markets that do not require stricter emissions.
    They need to fit the markets better. They could focus on Argentina and the UK better, but at least they are there.

4. #54 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Their customers are the distributors, so if they are not selling more to them then they are loosing sales.
    Their distributors are selling other brands, they should address that.

Them building bikes for KTM without a technology share and some right to something they can sell globally seems futile to me….I cannot imagine CFMOTO making a 1190 and doing well with that, with such a weak support network in China. But the prices being so high for that type bike it must be profit margins that is attracting them, that would likely result in a lesser bike with a high price and not very good support in the field, the customers must really only care about bragging rights, seems like buying into that would be nothing to brag about.

The prices are high they have to pay for qualified people to manage them into the market, the overhead very high and the client bases isolated and dispersed But there is a market and it is supposedly growing.

5. #55 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Source: Moto8 forum (Chinese)

KTM officially entered the Chinese market, introducing a number of popular models (prices in RMB):

1190 KTM ADVENTURE price: 225,000. 150 horsepower, seat height 860/875mm, 212kg, six-speed gearbox, slip clutch, standard BOSCH 9ME ABS brakes, Brembo forged calipers, has four driving modes adjust, MTC traction control system, standard 19-inch front / rear 17-inch spokes vacuum wheels, tire pressure monitoring, EDS Electronic WP high performance suspension system, anti-shakes, LED daytime running lights, height-adjustable windscreen, standard comfort front seats and the latest MSC separate vehicle stability system.

KTM 1190 ADVENTURE R price: 230,000. 150 horsepower, seat height 890mm, 217kg, six-speed gearbox, slip clutch, standard BOSCH 9ME ABS brakes, Brembo forged calipers, has four driving modes adjust , MTC traction control system, standard 21-inch front / rear 18-inch spokes vacuum wheels, tire pressure monitoring, extended front and rear suspension travel (220mm), high-performance multi-stage adjustable WP suspension systems, anti-shakes, Configure pull-type comfortable seats, engine protection bars, tinted windshield and sport the latest BOSCH MSC standard vehicle stability system.

KTM RC8 R price: 258,000. 175 horsepower, seat height 805/825mm, six-speed gearbox, standard slip clutch, chrome molybdenum alloy frame, aluminum subframe. WP multi-adjustable front and rear suspension settings, standard anti-shakes, Brembo four-piston calipers forged, purely mechanical violence experience.

KTM 690 DUKE price: 128,000. 68 horsepower, standard ABS brakes, WP shock absorbers, 149kg. The newly designed body, headlights and side exhaust allows the 690 DUKE to appear "tougher".

KTM 690 DUKE R price: 148,000. 70 horsepower, 149.5KG. R version adds engine protection bars, Brembo forged calipers, Akrapovic exhaust, Scorpio front and rear adjustable compression, preload WP shock absorbers, longer front and rear suspension travel (150mm) and a CNC cut-down, let 690 DUKE R appear more aggressive. Standard ABS. 865mm seat height.

KTM 390 DUKE price forecast is about 50,000. KTM 390 DUKE localized version is expected to be on sale in the spring of 2014. 139kg. 44 horsepower, 800mm seat height, WP inverted fork, standard ABS system.

KTM 200 DUKE price forecast is about 40,000. KTM 200 DUKE localized version is expected to be on sale in the spring of 2014. 129.5kg, optional ABS.

KTM FREERIDE 350 price: 138,000. 99.5 kg featherweight body, seat height 895mm. Can be plated in China

KTM 350 EXC-F price: 156,000. 107.2kg, seat height 970mm, maximum ground clearance 345mm, has a longer rear suspension stroke setting (300/335mm). Can be plated in China.

================

It appears that a "localized version" of the 390 DUKE and the 200 DUKE are being manufactured somewhere inside China. I've been unable to find out who KTM might be working with, but it most likely will be an existing Chinese manufacturer (perhaps CF-Moto?). More information is probably somewhere in the Chinese moto-news, but I'm too lazy to chase it down. If it is a 2014 release, KTM must be currently (Oct, 2013) hustling its bunnies to get ready.

PS: I tried to clean up some of the translation from Chinese -> English

6. #56 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    LJH, very interesting! A 50000 kuai, 44hp ABS mini duke is exactly what china needs. Awesome news if it's true.

Prince666, if you're going to make it your life's work to get into arguments with strangers on internet forums then may i suggest you make an effort with your language? It's not clear from your writing whether you're a native english speaker. If you are then shame on you for making it such a headache to read, if you're not it's still inexcusable as punctuation should work the same way in whatever language you call home. Please make sentences.

The sad part is you do occasionally make some good contributions, so why must you wrap them in so many layers of insufferable nonesense?

7. #57 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    LJH, very interesting! A 50000 kuai, 44hp ABS mini duke is exactly what china needs. Awesome news if it's true.

Prince666, if you're going to make it your life's work to get into arguments with strangers on internet forums then may i suggest you make an effort with your language? It's not clear from your writing whether you're a native english speaker. If you are then shame on you for making it such a headache to read, if you're not it's still inexcusable as punctuation should work the same way in whatever language you call home. Please make sentences.

The sad part is you do occasionally make some good contributions, so why must you wrap them in so many layers of insufferable nonesense?

Hi Felix

Yes shame on me but you will find its not me who start these "arguments " sometime we all get things wrong i for 1 do but when people come back and start calling you out then you need to stand your ground well i do so i am sorry you find some bad language but you dont have to read it just move on to the next post or put me on your blocked list >>> when i start to see people abide by the rules of most forums which i dont see on MCM then i will but thank you for pointing out my errors and i will try to improve my grammar skills so lets all just move on

And only occasionally make some good contributions????

cant be 100% all the time i am sure other member contribution are not spot on all the time

and i am not starting "arguments " with you just voicing my views

I have been told about my grammar errors before but unlike most people on here who come to teach English in China and are more correct with such ways i am not a teacher but when does that make such a big thing on FORUMS to be 100% correct with ones grammar i could post about loads of grammar errors on here every day but i am not that sad !

I do like to welcome new members on MCM so i need to welcome them with the words "welcome but to post here please insure you are 100% correct with your grammar ".

Come on Felix, you can do better than that. Life is more then just good grammar, and yes I come from England ....

And you can talk Felix did you not say in a post a few days ago see link
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Kunming/page2

Sorry about the crash, it's absolutely infuriating and there is nothing you can do. I know that Tiguan too, i meet the fucker on every single ride i go on.
    So please dont lecture me on on bad language shame on you

one words comes to mind Hypocrite

so shame on you Felix and did you have my other post removed about this if so shame on you again
    Last edited by prince666; 10-16-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: shame on Felix
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #58 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Come on Felix you can do better then that life is more then just good grammar and yes i come from England ....
    Come on Felix, you can do better than that. Life is more than just good grammar, and yes I come from England.

Fixed

Cheers!

What was this thread about?

9. #59 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Ok I was wrong here it is http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/27...OTORCYCLE.html

They have gone real hi-tec on this one it runs on both gas and diesel.

10. #60 Re: CFMoto & KTM 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post

+1

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast