Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Newbie in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

I am from Reunion Island (French overseas department). In China for 3 years now (1 yr in Tianjin and 2 yrs in Beijing), I got my driving license in my hometown but since never really got the chance to buy my own motorbike (>600cc).

I am driving an e-bike now.
    Hope I can get nice talk here and some few information too ;p

See u =)

2. #2 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    welcome good to hear you are rideing a bike now most people will welcome you on your E-Bike but stay away from TB Racing not a nice person on here will not think of you as a bike riders bcause you ride a E-Bike ??
    hope you can get some good experience with your E-Bike and then hope you can move upto some bigger bike well good luck

3. #3 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi and thanks.

Well I would like to change for an oil one now.

Due to lack of revenue, I can't buy my Ducat now.
    I am more looking for a scooter/"motorcycle" 100 - 150cc. Do you have any good suggestions ? Maximum amount will be no more than 10k rmb.

4. #4 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Many people seem to like the Suzuki 125cc scooter. Get the newer EFI version if you can, but you'd probably have to buy used to stay under 10K. You can keep your eyes on:

http://bj.58.com/danche/

for listings.

Good luck.

5. #5 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi welcome aboard the crazy mother ship called MCM. Don't you be put off, TB-Racing is one of us, and offers plenty of useful and insightful motorcycling related info. Like the rest of us, me included, TB-Racing has an off day too. I can relate to situations where seeing repetitive questions from noobies on MCM can get a little frustrating. Often the questions revolve around the same subject matter and a little use of the "SEARCH" function near the top right of nearly every MCM web-page will often provide useful and worthwhile results.

Yes, you will find some posts from some, again, me included (holding my hand up here), where bitching and moaning seems to be the order of the day. Personally I've no problem with that, as I see it MCM is one of the few places that we as interested <foreign> Martian bikers and biking enthusiasts can actually have a place/forum to vent about the challenges, tribulations and frustrations about motorcycling in China or motorcycles made in China. It's not all doom and gloom though. However there are significant challenges.

A number of your fellow bikers here ride bicycles (again me included), or e-bikes (I owned 3 escoots at one time) alongside their gasoline counterparts, so I'm sure you will find plenty of common ground on MCM. Nothing wrong with having an e-bike, saves on so many of the hassles and challenges (read-frustrations) associated with other forms of vehicle ownership here in the middle kingdoOm. Plus having experience with a e-bike/cycle affords some sense of traffic flows, patterns and the "logic" free zones altogether prevalent in PRC.

Welcome aboard the MCM partybus!

Now if only there was a way to attract some of the gentler sex to participate on MCM, the place might have an altogether more welcoming floral mat at the door.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-13-2013 at 01:35 AM.

6. #6 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    bikerdoc gives some of the best advise i have read on this site because of one post bikerdoc done on a CF Moto bike i spent 20.000 rmb on the same bike ??? but with regards to

"Like the rest of us, me included, has an off day, where seeing repetitive questions from noobies on MCM can get a little frustrating."

The people who get a little frustrated should leave the post alone and move on ?? to the next post because being frustrated turns good intention into rude words which some people like me takes offence and forums should not be like that ?? just my 2 cents

Have a good and i hope you find the bike you are looking for

7. #7 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome to MCM. A couple of words of advice on search. The little search window at the upper right is all but useless. But the "advanced search" link below it works way better. Another approach that often works for me is to search MCM using google. Just enter your search in a google window and add mychinamoto.com to the string. It's often better than MCM advanced search.

cheers!
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

8. #8 Re: Newbie in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice and your welcoming.

I finally bought a scooter this week-end. A GR125 SYM. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to find a new scooter under 10k.
    I got choice between Piaggio 125 byq, Honda mojet.

Hopefully I did the right choice ;p