Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Overall crappiest passenger car drivers of China! Awards 2008. Your vote is needed! 
    Crazy Carl wrote:
    I don't think ANY other type of car driver has been as prolific and totally dick headed as Santana drivers all over the country, from the most remote regions to the largest cities. They have produced the most traffic jams, driven at most excessive speed and generated the most road side garbage. With some total 10-15 years of total dickhead Santana drivers creating total havoc on the roads of China, I would personally not hesitate to award them 2008 overall #1 crappiest passenger car drivers of China! YEAH!

Santanas? Are you refering to the regular santana or the 2000 or 3000 slight redesign?

Whilst I agree with Santanas being a dickhead vehicle. My personal award goes to the mini bread shaped van.

These vans that only cost 30,000-40,000 new are driven by complete morons, with a small dick syndrome, they know their vehicle is almost completely worthless, but demand more than their share of the road space and actually drive more 500% aggressively than the average beemer driver, especially when going down the pavement in the wrong direction, you can hear the cheap high pitched horn trying to demand it's rights!

Hahaha... I drove one of those vans around for years. They need constant repair but pull like tractors through mud and bad roads and can be fixed anywhere in China for cheap.

I inherited the van from an Australian buddy of mine who used it to literally travel to every corner of China (including Everest base camp). These bread-loaf vans are the real work horses of China serving as commercial vehicles and taxis in even the most rural villages and countrysides. They're great vehicles if you want to drive a car and travel china.

They have 800 to 1000cc engine and can't go more than 100k/hr on flat out open highway and are often so overloaded it would take a long time to even get to that speed. Aside from poor maintenance, I've never had a single problem with the micro-bus drivers so maybe you've got a regional issue there?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    How strange. Here in Spain Drivers of the equivalent VW car, the Passat, also drive like idiots. They seem an arrogant lot. They seem to be people who can't afford a BMW or an AUDI but want German build quality and status.

Never mind Mercedes drivers...they're even worse. As someone once remarked:
    Mercedes cars, Arrogance without aristocracy, efficiency without soul.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Never had a problem with a micro van driver?

Where I am am it's every peasant farmer big-wig wannabe's first car, after they have shelled out their 40,000RMB if new or as little as 5000RMB second hand they fully expect to be starting their second family with their new tai tai as they expect oh-so much face for owning a 'car'.

Santanas here are driven by complete morons, yes, but as nearly 40% of all cars are Santanas here including fleets of taxis it seems a little over the top to hate everyone.

I also have a dislike for the big black Buick a-holes.

One of my candidates for the award would be the drivers of Tianjin Xiali in all shapes.

Andy
    Last edited by chinabiker; 01-07-2009 at 05:14 AM.

I hate the fact that so many things in China are a piece of shit. Using the worlds dwindling precious resources to make outdated crap with poor emissions driven my people with sub-standard training.

The Xiali is a prime example of this.

Wasn't the hatchback version originally a Dihatsu Charade or something from the 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Wasn't the hatchback version originally a Dihatsu Charade or something from the 80's?
    1984- Tianjian Auto Works signed contract w/ Daihatsu to produce Hijet 850 (one of the bread shaped mini van's ancestor. Remember the yellow "taxi van" in BJ?) & Charade 1.0 (Xiali )
    The "hatchback" assembled in China since 1986(CKD from Daihatsu)

Sad that they are still manufacturing new cars from designs from 1984!

I read somewhere that they are going to stop production of the Xiali in 2009.

aNdy

Well they're still making bikes from the 1940's that seem to have quite a following!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast