Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hello

On the 10th of this month I left the city of Taizhou in Zhejiang to go across and around China. I'm not much of a planner and I don't know where I'll go. I have few places I want to see but in general I'm open for what the tarmac will bring
    Im will stay on a road for about 60 days and ill be updating this thread as I go.

First day i planned to leave at 8am but ended up leaving at 12! due to sorting out my luggage and rear suspension as it turned out it was too soft as the boxes were full.
    First day riding went ok apart from those annoying showers that come and go and you don't know if you should wear your waterproofs or not.
    I bumped into some motorcycle gathering in one thousand island lake. Lots of custom bikes like the American choppers. I don't have any pick on my phone but once I connect my camera to a computer ill post them here.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by modron; 06-22-2013 at 03:33 AM.

2. #2 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    hey modron
    good luck
    i hope you avoided any kind of boat trip on that lake
    your bike looks well set up for the trip

3. #3 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Your YBR is the best of the bunch at the gathering!

4. #4 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Banned
    Good on ya, post up pictures of your trip, your going places - not like most of the MCM members that just troll the forum.... Ride on and stay safe!

5. #5 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Whoa man, it looks like you're not from those who travel light.

Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #6 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks guys!

Im in Nanchang at the moment. Tomorrow will go to Shennongjia in Hubei and after that will head to Xian.

As for the stories of the road, sadly, there are not many. Jangxi and Hubei seem a bit boring or at least the part where I was. The whole country seems to be under construction! road works, road blocks everywhere. Two days ago I run into a bridge meitenence and unfortunately my bike was 5cm to wide to fit through the tiny, little path the left for scooters to get across. Since i didnt know the city and the google maps wouldnt show me any other option i needed to make a detour of 117km .......!!!!

Met a chinese couple that are traveling on a old suzuki 125. They are about 50. Nice to see that people like this exist in China ;)

@Zorge
    I like to camp so i have a tent, thermarest, 2 small sleepingbags and cooking stuff ;) and as a photographer my back seet is occupied by my equipment hah
    IMG_0049.jpgIMG_0040.jpg
    Beautiful sight! after, somewhat, 40km on a bumpy road around sanqingshan
    IMG_0042.jpgIMG_0047.jpg
    Last edited by modron; 06-22-2013 at 03:42 AM.

7. #7 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    I like to camp so i have a tent, thermarest, 2 small sleepingbags and cooking stuff ;)
    And a small TV, satellite dish, gas stove... :)
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #8 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Good on ya, post up pictures of your trip, your going places - not like most of the MCM members that just troll the forum.... Ride on and stay safe!

OUCH!
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

9. #9 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    Good luck on your travels sir, i will be following this thread!

I'll pm you my number, hit me up if you need a place to stay and park in xi'an, or good camping spots around here.

10. #10 Re: Excuse me! Can you watch my bike for a sec? Alone in China on YBR250 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Excellent! "scribed... the big gathering was the HOG China meeting, at least 1200 HD's and 1700 members I have been informed if my short term memory serves me correctly (via email with Jimmy Tsung - HD Suzhou). I see you are already passed Nanchang, Jiangxi. There are some narly tracks (roads that haven't seen any form of upkeep for bloody years it seemed when we last rode through Jiangxi). Some really interesting spots though. The level of the talent of the fairer sex in Nanchang... whoa Nelly!
    Wishing you a fun, interesting full on adventure ride, with the wind at your back.
    Keep the shiny side up.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast