Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from London 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello. I am from London, but have been to China many, many times; sadly never on a bike.....yet! Hope to get some good advice on this forum about the practicalities of a laowai biking in China. Anyway, glad to have found this site, looks good

Wuming,

Sorry for the late reply but welcome to MCM. Naturally, feel free to smell around and ask any questions you may have. Some of the people here are the most serious riders and enthusiasts of China and Chinese motorbikes in the world.

What kind of trip do you plan to take?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the welcome CrazyCarl. The trip I am planning is to Xinjiang in the Autumn. I am looking to fly to Urumqi, buy a Chinese motorbike and then head out towards the Taklamakan oases and Kashgar among other places for about a month. So I am looking for information on the practicalities of buying a China bike (and re-selling it at the end of the trip) and registering it. I know that the Chinese driving licence is a major issue; I have heard tales of many who just don't bother (esp. for a short trip) and seem to get away with it. Any thoughts on this? Also recommendations for what bike. I currently ride a dual sport (Aprilia Pegaso Trail, Italian not Chinese, sorry), so a Chinese dual sport would be the preferred option. Anyone who has any tips or suggestions, comments etc; all are welcome. I guess this should be posted in the "trip prep" section. Thanks in advance for any help.