Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 USA Distributor 
    Hi Guys!When i saw the information about Roketa to be the USA distributor i contact Asiawing and they told me thats they contact them but nothing final yet.They are still looking for a USA distributor .Hope they find some one soon,regards Carlos.

2. #32 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there, we just ried the Asiawing 450 LD here in Kuching (Borneo). You can get some pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/olivier.rouit . This was just a short try as we had no gear at all! I hope to do a complete testing later in June when I get my gears from France.

This is forsure not a supercross bike, but the engine has a good power, for sure more than KTM LC4 I had few years ago but obviously less than a YZF450. The suspension is quite soft, which means comfortable for cross country off-road, which is exactly what I intend to do here with the hundreds of kms of logging trails around Kuching (see our 4x4 action on my picasa...).

According the mechanic the engine is an exact copy of a 450CRF (it is possible to use those parts on a Honda...)

Here you can get this bike for 3000euros and it looks more than enough to have some fun around! A good value for money. The bike we tried had already been used around 300 hours.

3. #33 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by orouit View Post
    Hi there, we just ried the Asiawing 450 LD here in Kuching (Borneo). You can get some pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/olivier.rouit . This was just a short try as we had no gear at all! I hope to do a complete testing later in June when I get my gears from France.

This is forsure not a supercross bike, but the engine has a good power, for sure more than KTM LC4 I had few years ago but obviously less than a YZF450. The suspension is quite soft, which means comfortable for cross country off-road, which is exactly what I intend to do here with the hundreds of kms of logging trails around Kuching (see our 4x4 action on my picasa...).

According the mechanic the engine is an exact copy of a 450CRF (it is possible to use those parts on a Honda...)

Here you can get this bike for 3000euros and it looks more than enough to have some fun around! A good value for money. The bike we tried had already been used around 300 hours.
    Good day orouit,

I'm from KL..... I want to know if this bike can be registered to be onroad legal. Appreciated if you can ask the shop.... tq

4. #34 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Senior
    I like the concept of the manufacturer, the niche product a resurrection of a 450cc Honda engine. But that’s not that old of a design the CRF450 is still in production and only came about in 2005?
    So is Asiawing admirable or incorrigible?
    Honda will not and is not addressing it, but they could and they could issue some pretty big warnings if they chose to. If its stolen intellectual property, how far and how deep is that rabbit hole?
    What is the difference between a street vendor selling a bootleg DVD on the street and a distributor selling a product that is a copy that is based on a protected design? That’s assuming that Honda patents all its designs…it is difficult to convince ones self that they do not.

What if you buy the DVD? What if you buy a stolen car and get pulled over….do you still get to keep it?

If marketed and support correctly the product could sell, then what, somebody at Honda notices? Notices that their CRF450X was copied?

CRF450X

LX450
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-16-2010 at 02:37 AM.

5. #35 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    I took the plunge and ordered this bike.
    Went yesterday to the shop to collect it. They changed oil etc. and installed rear lights and handguards.
    It's possible to get real plates on it, but not for foreigner and not in Beijing. So, I will have to take it 300km South to have it photographed and registered...
    Rode it 40km home so cannot comment on the bike yet. It's my first real dirt bike so I guess it will take a while to get used to it, especially the lightness, it's 80kg lighter than KTM 990Adv!
    Weekend is soon here and testing can begin!
    Attached Images

6. #36 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by tare View Post
    Weekend is soon here and testing can begin!

Can't wait to see some photos and your opinion of this bike, I think you're the first one in China to actually own one.

Quote Originally Posted by tare View Post
    It's possible to get real plates on it, but not for foreigner and not in Beijing

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #37 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    ooh i'm VERY interested in this thread now! please more!

8. #38 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys, im from argentine, here backfire bxf450r its this asiawing bike, i make the service and tech suport for the company that imports the bike here.
    We are testing the bike for mx purposes and its amazing.
    Here are some pics and videos:

3..jpg2..jpg5..jpg1..jpg4..jpg

I hope you enjoy this like us!!

9. #39 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Cool nice thanks some good jumping. I am waiting for street legal version of that.

10. #40 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    Cool nice thanks some good jumping. I am waiting for street legal version of that.
    This is the model that are you waithing:

c..jpge..jpgb..jpgd..jpga..jpg

If u need more info about this bike tell me, coz i have pics of disembled parts and i can tell u the modified and changes that u need to make for have a good performance.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast