Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. #71 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerball View Post
    ... they all said that that is a nice looking Honda - where did I buys the decal kit.....
    So I presume many other after market parts would fit bolt on, not only the stickers , isn't ?
    Keep posting your adventures with the BB450... I think we might have a winner there...

Cheers

2. #72 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Adicto A Las Motocicletas Caferacer's Avatar
    Interesting Website, in ...Slovakia?

http://www.kmotors.sk/

Google translation is good enough to navigate the site, and then you will find English links

TOKENS TXR-450 : http://www.kmotors.sk/htm/f_450x01.htm

There is even an exploded view of parts and prices (Euros) seems to be the same bike ( Big Boy, Asiawing, etc...)
    and the parts catalog is downloadable in PDF (http://www.kmotors.sk/doc/uk_parts.pdf) and XLS (http://www.kmotors.sk/doc/uknd_450.xls)
    or online HTML ( http://www.kmotors.sk/pbc/htm/ukf0.htm )

3. #73 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Nice post...Thank you very much!!......

4. #74 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Long time lurker, first time poster. :)

I felt I should contribute at last, because I am, unfortunately, an owner of a 2010 Asiawing LD450. It is indeed a copy of the 08 CRF450X, but very low quality. A local dealer imported two straight from Asiawing, and I bought one following the untimely death of my KTM 640 to a cracked head. Worst investment I ever made. I've had both of their machines during the last 6 months, and for 13 weeks of that the bikes were being repaired. A string of problems have assailed them.

First, they are Honda-style UniCam valve gear, and tend to shear the counterweight guide lug off the cam wheel if stalled too hard. The one I am currently stuck with has had to be re-shimmed twice in under 900 miles/1100 kms. They eat 1.5ltrs of oil every 500 kms. The seat is a shockingly low quality item, you may as well be sitting on a big sponge, as the cover offers about as much protection to the seat foam as a sieve. The chains are awfully low grade and require weekly lubrication and adjustment, even doing just 3-15 miles a day on the road.

It was sold to me as a water-cooled motard, with the dealer knowing full well I wanted a mid-cc machine for commuting....... It's not even remotley suitable for commuting. Don't be fooled by the flashy LED lighting kit and projector headlamps, the Yuasa battery and minimal output stator are not powerful enough to manage more than 5 starts on the electric leg (IF it fires at all) and then do not do a very good job of charging the battery after that. Even a decent Varta gel item made no odds. Regular night/day use? Forget it.

The carb is not the same as those used on the Honda either, and is rediculously boggy at low rpm. The manual, spring-loaded choke lever where the hot-start usually should be, is a nightmare to use, too.

Now, after only 6 months and 1100km of light road use, it's sitting in the front garden with a blown reg/rec, which the dealer is no longer interested in looking at as Asiawing are now tired of firing replacement parts to them, and told me they would give me a new Galaxy 50cc worth half the LD450, or if I wanted my money back to "break it on Ebay"......

I'd like to be able say "Well, ok, it IS too highly strung for a daily road bike with a bit of added grunt for fun. Maybe it would be better suited to the dirt." - but I don't even think I'd trust it that far. I've now ridden a Honda CRF450, and I can honestly say the Asiawing can't even begin to hold a candle to it, on quality, ride, and certainly not reliability, despite being almost identical. The local moto-X boys (many of whom I know and told me to avoid the LD), are now having a good chuckle at my expense. Fair play to them, too, I should have listened. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is." Oh, how right they were. I fail to see how Midwest, Token, Odes, Big Boy etc. are managing to keep so many of these things on the road, and can claim so few problems with them. Bad luck? Possibly, but then out of two machines it's been a 100% fail rate.

So until I get the reg/rec fixed and sell the f&$%!#g thing, it can look on in misery as I pull out on it's replacement each morning - a brand new XT660Z Tenere. Nice try, Asiawing, but better luck next time.

5. #75 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Thanks for telling us your experiences! Not good that you lose out so badly, I would be quietly considering a petrol bomb through the dealers window one night. They should replace the fucker with a decent bike at least. I pity the poor sod get it after you too. Have you looked hard at warranty and consumer rights and taken advice? And you should post your story, naming the dealer as well, on every motorcycle forum you can join.

6. #76 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Very interesting write up AckAck78, thanks for sharing your story. I was very close to purchasing the LD450 last week, but couldn't justify the price for something with such mixed reviews. In one of the Chinese forums, they say Asiawing is very responsive to problems, and the components of the bike are continually being improved with each production run. Maybe with a little more time they can get the reliability issues sorted out. Bad seats and chains are just typical China bike problems, but the oil consumption and charging system sound a bit more serious.

I hope other LD/LX450 owners will follow your example...stop lurking and start posting . It would be nice to hear some other long term reviews of the Asiawing experience.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #77 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Shame to hear about your experiences, I only live down the road from the factory, I was hoping that they might be able to bolt something worthwhile together. If I didn't live in China I wouldn't have anything to do with Chinese bikes. Just buy the best 2nd hand Jap brand I can for the money I had.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

8. #78 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    ...If I didn't live in China I wouldn't have anything to do with Chinese bikes...
    Ditto to that comment...

9. #79 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Thanks a lot for posting your thoughts! Man this bike really gets mixed reviews, i have no idea what to think of it. For us here in china with our very limited choice of bikes it's a very tempting one, but after reading that i don't think i'd buy one. Living here at least it might be easy enough to get parts, but abroad i wouldn't go near it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678