Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Senior
    Ok guys Just had to start this one. I am a NEW 2009 XF200 Qlink Owner. A NEW user here on this forum as well. One of my purchase decisions for this bike was the SPEC'D 31" Seat height. I would like to hear from each of you your seat height - Lets see what we get! Clearly this is a HUGE Mistake on someones part of specifications. I would love to know who and what kinda of tape measure they used etc.....Chime in with your seat height measurements etc.....Currently I can only touch tippy toe one side. NOT That big of a deal but I want to feel comfortable on the bike. I am considering a seat MOD from http://www.greatdaytoride.com I am also looking for a Lowering kit that may work, and of course your advise on which way to go with this. Again one of my main purchasing decisions on this bike was the 31" seat height. Clearly is NOT Correct. Any one else with this issue? Lets see your Pictures of MODS for lowering this bike just a bit - if there are any. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from everyone........Andrew - Jamestown Pennsylvania

2. #2 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Hey, Andrew. Sounds as if you didn't get a chance to sit on it before you bought. Does the Qlink come in a few different sizes/seat heights? Maybe yours was mislabeled? Also, how broad is the seat? If it's really wide, you'll lose leg length unless your legs are somehow cantilevered to your arsch. So a narrower seat could help, but this has implications for comfort, especially on long rides. What is your dealer advising?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Senior
    No I purchased site unseen - No Regrets there. The seat is very narrow already. I Believe a 2" Shaving of the seat foam would help considerably, but I am going to wait till I adjust the rear shock down first to see where I am at. I'll keep you posted as I get around to this. No hurry as winter is about to set in here in Pennsylvania soon. Thanks for the reply.

4. #4 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Regular
    I have an inseam challenged friend who rides a Lifan 200 GY-5 which is similar to the Qlink. By adjusting down the rear shock and sliding the forks up in the triple clamp he was able to get it to a comfortable height.

Q

5. #5 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks - Much appreciated. Any insight on HOW TO Adjust the forks up Front? Someone mentioned this to me as well but have NO Clue on this one. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks Again.

6. #6 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Regular
    It's a quick and easy adjustment. Each fork leg is clamped in 2 places up near the headlight. The lower clamp usually has 2 bolts while the upper one usually has 1. Just loosen the bolts and slide the fork legs up an inch or so. You'll have to move them both together and you'll have to put something under the front of the engine or frame to prevent the bike from dropping too far.

Q

7. #7 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks again - I was looking at this since your last reply and It apears I would only be able to move about 1/2" before the top of the fork tubes would touch the handlebars.......Hmmmm. Only way I can see going more would be to get some handlebar risers? Or am I totally missing something in the way they'll move? Thanks Again

Andrew

8. #8 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 

One inch handle bar risers should give you the room needed.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Regular
    No you're not missing anything. Different bikes have varying amounts of clearance so risers would be necessary to move it past the point where it contacts the bars. Another thing to consider is most upside down forks have a narrower spot a little ways down from the top and you cannot raise the forks so much that you are trying to clamp on the narrow area.

Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    Thanks again - I was looking at this since your last reply and It apears I would only be able to move about 1/2" before the top of the fork tubes would touch the handlebars.......Hmmmm. Only way I can see going more would be to get some handlebar risers? Or am I totally missing something in the way they'll move? Thanks Again

Andrew

10. #10 Re: 2009 Qlink XF200 Seat Mods / Bike Height - lowering issue 
    C-Moto Senior
    got it - thanks again much appreciated. Know any good place to look for risers? LOL Thanks much!!!!
    Andrew

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast