Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well well well! If it isn't the Abominable Snorton Man come out from his snow cave! I was wondering if you've turned into an Eskimo by now?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 no no no 
    Master of Thump
    [QUOTE=CrazyCarl;4451]Well well well! If it isn't the Abominable Snorton Man come out from his snow cave! I was wondering if you've turned into an Eskimo by now?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

No no no , no Eskimo , pies here , yet .....It is freekin nasty here though and now were flooding huge time too Carl , Interstate 5 is closed and something like 70 Highways are shut down completely too . Its nasty bad. Was interesting going to work this morning for a couple hours . I took the Mazda RX-7 this morning , bad choice ! Hit a few puddles ( lakes ) that were over the door jamb bottom , but it didn't get in , forward momentum I guess .
    Takin the Ford 4 X 4 tomorrow for sure , supposed to get worse tonight here .
    Just been layin low Crazy Carl , that's all . Our Rottweiler died sometime during the night last night of old age, so its a pitiful sad day around here , and this weather aint helping my funny bone either . But , hey he had a great life and gave us lots of joy, so its all good , life goes on .

Glad to see Culcune back in the mix , even if he is not as big a smart ass as me , nor nearly as creative . Still good to see him get a freekin life finally .
    Can you tell he is even kinda the Old Culcune inspired too now ? Can you imagine the scams going on in that little pee brain of his over these two bikes now ??? Plus he actualy ownes a bike now ( thank you very much ) too ???
    Who'd of thunk it ???

Later Crazy Carl , back to work , Snortin out

3. #13 Asiawing 450 
    Hi Guys!Somebody its rigth to me about the 450cc mx from Asiawing.Its looks like a Honda CRF clone!Like a 2005 model,wich if they do it rigth (I think they did)must be a real cross bike.IT WAS A MATTER OF TIME TO SEE HE THE CHINESE CLOSE THE GAP!Next move the 250 CRF and the video show the bikes as fast a a japanese.Will they would soon copy the 150 CRF?Time will tell,but for now i am happy.Please show more videos of this bikes,regards Motoviva.

ZMC888, when and if you visit the factory, make sure you take pictures and lots of them! I think that if you are giving them free exposure, they must let you ride their bikes, too!

motoviva, I think that there are a few CRF230 clones out there, as well as 150 clones. This 450 bike looks promising, and I wrote to the manager to make a dual-sport version, or perhaps one of the Baja Design kits would work on this bike, if they make one for the Honda. Could be a winner, depending on if the bikes have as much quality as they appear to have.

Be Dirty!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Where I live there is a quad bike factory who have a deal with Yamaha.They are all Yamaha technology and they all have 450cc water-cooled singles.They make these engines here. Perhaps this is a similar engine in the Asiawing?

Possibly the technology in the bikes near me is older than the modern YFZ, and probably has 4 valves and a carb, but I'm not sure.

Yamaha YFZ450R 2009

Engine and transmission
    Displacement: 449.00 ccm (27.40 cubic inches)
    Engine type: Single cylinder
    Stroke: 4
    Compression: 11.6:1
    Bore x stroke: 95.0 x 63.4 mm (3.7 x 2.5 inches)
    Fuel system: Injection. Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 42mm
    Valves per cylinder: 5
    Fuel control: DOHC
    Ignition: TCI (Digital)
    Starter: Electric
    Cooling system: Liquid
    Gearbox: 5-speed
    Transmission type
    final drive: Chain

The quad bike factory near me IMHO is an attempt by Yamaha to make 'real' quad bikes available re-badged and cut the copycat Chinese garbage out of the foreign export market.
    Hi ZMC888, can you give me more information about this factory that produces these Yamaha Quad copies? Appears they really copy Yamaha engines. Since I own a YZ450F here in Beijing, they probably can supply some spare parts.

Be Dirty!!!
    The bike looks like a newer Yamaha YZ450F, at least the plastics do. But it's not, even not a good copy.
    As one of guys posted here before, the picture of the engine shown at Asiawings website is SOHC engine. The YZ's have DOHC engine. What frustrates me more is the travel of the rear suspension. They say it's only 115 mm!!! That's far from enough. Even the front suspension with 250 mm is not good enough for real MXing. And the sound is bit strange, sounds like an 250 cc 4-stroke, sounds a bit like farting. I ride a 2005 YZ450F here in Beijing, the sound is much deeper. Furthermore the rider shifts the gears to often. I do not need to shift the gears that often. Appears the bike doesn't have enough power and/or torque. But the rider is also very bad, way to slow in turns.
    The second video, the race shows that the bike is pretty imbalanced. The rear suspension dives much deeper than the front suspension. Can be the driver, maybe it is possible to adjust this, but doesn't match with the abovementioned travel of the suspension at all (front has much more travel than the rear).
    However, the best China-made MX-bike I have seen so far. Would be interested if it's possible to buy the enduro version, if it would be possible to register the bike here. Then I would take it, install my real YZ450F components (engine, suspension etc), maybe only keep the frame, then I have street legal of-road bike here to explore the mountains, use it at the Taklamakan race etc.

Peter, the Asiawing bikes do not have the same engine as the YFZ450. Asiawing did not give any specs about their bike (they have now) and we were wondering where their engines were from. We are clear now that they have nothing to do with Yamaha. The Asiawing factory is 200km from me, there is some connection with Cagiva with them.

However there is a quad bike factory 5 kms from me and they are making low-end 400-450cc quads with single engines. These are basically low end Yamaha quads made in China with a different badge, but they are for low-end cheap market, sale not high-end race quads like the YFZ450R.

Quote Originally Posted by peterkue
    However, the best China-made MX-bike I have seen so far. Would be interested if it's possible to buy the enduro version, if it would be possible to register the bike here. Then I would take it, install my real YZ450F components (engine, suspension etc), maybe only keep the frame, then I have street legal of-road bike here to explore the mountains, use it at the Taklamakan race etc.
    There is also only a pure dirt bike available, so no lights etc and not street legal unfortunately.

Anyway keep posted, they probably will release some kind of enduro/super moto versions in the future, and I will be visiting the factory soon (in the next month or so).

On the Chinese site, their is a slideshow that shows their 450 with lights. I bet that the Honda enduro kit from Baja Designs would/should fit, but I don't know how practical it is to obtain the kits (ironically, probably made in China, too)

here is the link to the Baja Designs kit on an actual HOnda CRF450

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-12...;08-on+Crf450x

or this

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-12...#39;07+Crf450x

or this

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-12...ick+Led+04+Red

depending on what year the Asiawing is based on

I bet the kit could be "fudged" as needed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast