Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Mxonfire, that's very interesting stuff!

I've been pretty interested in this bike since it came out, but i was put off after reading a couple of bad chinese reviews.

Any chance you could a little more on your true opinion of this bike? Is it a good bike, or is it good 'for a china bike'? How long do you think it would last, would you trust it as a daily commuter?
    I've heard that things like the fuel and coolant tubes all die after a few months, the kick start bends, the engine always cuts out etc... Is any of this true?

In china, i think this bike can be bought for a little over 20 000 RMB, that makes it an interesting option between the XTR250 and the JH600, but only if it's a good bike. Please, tell us more!

Cheers,

felix

2. #42 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post

I've been pretty interested in this bike since it came out, but i was put off after reading a couple of bad chinese reviews.

Any chance you could a little more on your true opinion of this bike? Is it a good bike, or is it good 'for a china bike'? How long do you think it would last, would you trust it as a daily commuter?
    I've heard that things like the fuel and coolant tubes all die after a few months, the kick start bends, the engine always cuts out etc... Is any of this true?

In china, i think this bike can be bought for a little over 20 000 RMB, that makes it an interesting option between the XTR250 and the JH600, but only if it's a good bike. Please, tell us more!

Cheers,

felix
    Ok man, i'll keep you informed of the testing we're doing.
    You are in china? you do not know the people of soomoto?
    They too have this bike and a forum, but this in Chinese and I could not sign up to talk to them.

3. #43 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Hi,
    Yes i am living in china these days.
    I just had a look at the forum you mentioned. There are some good pictures, but overall not that much info on the bike.
    Signing up to chinese forums is never an easy experience!

Looking forward to your thoughts!

4. #44 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by mxonfire View Post
    This is the model that are you waithing:

If u need more info about this bike tell me, coz i have pics of disembled parts and i can tell u the modified and changes that u need to make for have a good performance.
    Your SM version looks very good I think it would be just great after changing the wheels to standard enduro wheels

5. #45 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post

Cheers,

felix
    They import Asiawing to Finland, the price here is 5000€ for street legal registered version. KLX 250 costs 6000€ here (2009 model). DR or KLR are not imported anymore. KTMs costs 14 000€. So the Asiawing is still very cheap when compared, yet people think it is too expensive.

I have only found one opinion of Asiawing in Finland, one veteran driver and owner of Asiawing wrote that he is happy with the bike. For me taking 5000€ chances with a china bike was far too much, but now after my experience with the Skyteam I could pay that if I had to buy a *new* bike It is just that if I would pay 5000€ of a bike then a lot of great options from Germany in second hand markets would become valid and I don't think Asiawing could compete with them.

In China things are different and I am 99% sure I would try Asiawing instead of JH600. But that is just me and my preferences to more enduro and less plastic.

6. #46 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Someone imports them into Australia.

Australian Dirt Bike Magazine did a test on one. They said it was good for the money(no bolts fell out while they tested it).Come along way from other Chinese dirt bikes still down on power and suspension compared to Japanese and Euro dirt bikes.

Make a great trail bike they said.

7. #47 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Dongying Shandong China moving to Qingdao
    I'm looking for a new bike and I think this is it, I called the factory and they say I have to buy the bike this month if I want to be able to get plates for it and he did not know if you could get them after that. Also the bike cost a lot 26800rmb. I want one but the cost is kinda high.
    Last edited by life; 06-18-2010 at 01:06 AM.

8. #48 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We had a test unit from the supplier, but it was made clear that this is a prototype - huh? Yeah, when the bike gets imported from China the locals change some parts to suite the country terrain - here it is call MX450. My verdict - IT's AWESOME!!!! Ok now the bad part, when we unpacked the bike we had to go over each bolt and found some critical one's loose, we went ahead and replaced the lock nuts with proper nylon units - problem solved. I love the electric start, but we had to test the kick starter - it bent on the second kick!!! We ran to the local Honda dealer, and lo behold a '06 CRF450 kick starter fits perfectly. Out on the trails this machine blows holes in the expensive Japanese bikes, the other guys were really impressed so was I. :) Then we took it to the dreaded MX track - we upped the spring and rebound front and rear - it was amazing to say the least, but it could do with a little more power as we could not catch the 2009-2010 model Japanese bikes, but the older ones got to eat a lot of roost. I ordered one for myself and we will test the reliability over a longer period. The only major thing I would change out of the box is the tires - Chinese tires are BAD. I will post up again after I have gotten my bike.

9. #49 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Powerball,

Interesting revelations about the Asiawing 450. Can you provide some more details, such as where you are (I'm assuming somewhere outside China), what company/brand is doing the imports in your country and what the bike will look like once the move beyond the prototype/beta stage. Is the bike you ordered also a prototype, or something more settled? Street legal or MX only? Some pix would be most welcome.

thanks
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #50 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Powerball,

Interesting revelations about the Asiawing 450. Can you provide some more details, such as where you are (I'm assuming somewhere outside China), what company/brand is doing the imports in your country and what the bike will look like once the move beyond the prototype/beta stage. Is the bike you ordered also a prototype, or something more settled? Street legal or MX only? Some pix would be most welcome.

thanks
    They have been for sale in Australia I think for two years now.MX only.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast