Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mxonfire View Post
    Hi guys, im from argentine, here backfire bxf450r its this asiawing bike, i make the service and tech suport for the company that imports the bike here.
    We are testing the bike for mx purposes and its amazing.
    Here are some pics and videos:

Attachment 1752Attachment 1753Attachment 1754Attachment 1755Attachment 1756

I hope you enjoy this like us!!

Che! esta moto es la misma que lei por ahi que se va a empezar a vender dentro de poco como "Heicon TT 450 E" en la Argentina?

Saludos desde Uruguay!

*Translation*

Hey! is this the bike that I read somewhere will begin selling recently as a "Heicon TT 450 E" in Argentina?

Greetings from Uruguay!

2. #52 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We were not allowed to take any pics or videos.
    But as soon as my bike arrives I will most certainly post it up. :D

3. #53 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Amazing how a single bike can have so many permutations around the world. It seems pretty obvious that these all can be sourced to a single manufacturer called Landun Motorcycles in Tai'an, Shandong.

I had a first-hand sighting in the wild yesterday, in the Jialing factory-approved service center in Beijing, a place called Zhengtu Motors. I snapped a couple of pictures.

As you can see, it has no branding.

Just a simple badge reading LD450.

I wasn't able to get a very good angle for photographing, and the lighting in the shop was challenging due to the brilliant sunshine outside.

But it did have this (broken) sticker appended to the frame.

The parts of the label that can be read say:

Manufactured by Shandong Landun Motorcycles Ltd
    Brand: Landai Brand
    Engine Model Number: LD196
    Engine designed output: 32kw
    Production number: (blank) Date: (blank)

The guys in the shop said this bike could be legally registered and plated in Beijing.

Is this the same bike that MCM member tare, also in Beijing, said in this post that he had bought, but was having to register outside of Beijing? Wonder if this is the same shop?

Sorry, I forgot to ask the price!

ZMC888, you mentioned in previous posts that you spoke to the manufacturer in Shandong. Was it Landun that you spoke to? It seems Landun has only the Asiawing brand on the Web.

This Asiawing link gives technical specs for the bike in Chinese and English.

Not to be confused with this LANDUN company, which makes police equipment!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #54 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Amazing how a single bike can have so many permutations around the world. It seems pretty obvious that these all can be sourced to a single manufacturer called Landun Motorcycles in Tai'an, Shandong.

I had a first-hand sighting in the wild yesterday, in the Jialing factory-approved service center in Beijing, a place called Zhengtu Motors. I snapped a couple of pictures.

As you can see, it has no branding.

Just a simple badge reading LD450.

I wasn't able to get a very good angle for photographing, and the lighting in the shop was challenging due to the brilliant sunshine outside.

But it did have this (broken) sticker appended to the frame.

The guys in the shop said this bike could be legally registered and plated in Beijing.

Is this the same bike that MCM member tare, also in Beijing, said in this post that he had bought, but was having to register outside of Beijing? Wonder if this is the same shop?

ZMC888, you mentioned in previous posts that you spoke to the manufacturer in Shandong. Was it Landun that you spoke to? It seems Landun has only the Asiawing brand on the Web.

Umm I think this one is a rather bad copy of the Yamaha WR250/450 09 not a copy of Honda CRF 450X

5. #55 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I had a first-hand sighting in the wild yesterday, in the Jialing factory-approved service center in Beijing, a place called Zhengtu Motors.

Wow, he must have just got it. I was there last week and it wasn't in his shop.

I'm in the shop in the next day, or so, and I'll get the price & post it.

What the shop might have meant about registering & plating in Beijing is a 京B plate, which permits it to be ridden outside the 4th Ring Road. Many people regard outside the 4th Ring Road as "outside Beijing". It is the elusive (and valuable) 京A registration that people are after (allows riding inside the 4th Ring Road).

The JH600B (sidecar version) can also only be registered, currently, as a 京B.

Another interesting bike he has sitting there is the blue "125" Jialing, which is actually a 250 cc, but badged as a 125 for export purposes to Australia. Apparently there are import & tax advantages to mislabel a bike. Anyways, it is a nice little bike and only 7800 rmb.

Enjoy the sunny Beijing weather ... it is probably raining in Shanghai right now!

6. #56 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Another interesting bike he has sitting there is the blue "125" Jialing, which is actually a 250 cc, but badged as a 125 for export purposes to Australia. Apparently there are import & tax advantages to mislabel a bike. Anyways, it is a nice little bike and only 7800 rmb.

Enjoy the sunny Beijing weather ... it is probably raining in Shanghai right now!
    Umm yeah that's not going to work.

Australian government departments are about as stupid as Chinese equivalents.

7. #57 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Regular

This is what pisses me off about China Motos! it's like you never know who's the real manufacturer of anything! arghhhhhhhhhh!

8. #58 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    Umm I think this one is a rather bad copy of the Yamaha WR250/450 09 not a copy of Honda CRF 450X

I think it looks like an exact copy of the 2007 Honda CRF450 R.

Compare:
    2007-Honda-CRF450R&#9.jpg1234155591527..jpg

9. #59 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    I'm saying the LD450 is a copy of the Yamaha WR450F the exhaust ishttp://www.bikez.com/pictures/large....-%20Yamaha.jpg

10. #60 Re: New 450 (yes, 450!!) bike from Asiawing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello,
    Yes, this is the same bike as I have. You get the stickers and riding clothes separately. Did not bother with the stickers and the clothes are too small.
    The seat is different though and the front light cover as well.
    I bought mine from the soomoto guys, somewhere by the South 4th Ring Road.
    So far I've done ~300km, no issues except for a few lost screws.
    Had to take the rear light part off as it's too heavy for jumps.
    It's supposed to be a copy of Honda 450 CRF-X -05, you can replace almost all parts with Honda equivalents.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast