Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Munich 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello everyone,

I'm Kevin, a student from Germany and a passionate motorcyclist. I'll graduate this summer and move to Beijing in September. I'll stay there for one year at least (studying Mandarin at BFSU). I've been living in Shanghai in 2008/2009 for about a year. I had a great time, so I decided to come back again.

In June 2012 I rode through Xinjiang with my BMW G650 Xchallenge for two weeks as part of my journey from Kathmandu to Germany. This year I participate in the Triumph Street Triple Cup in Germany. I think that gives you a rough impression of my background as a motorcyclist.

I'm really looking forward to my stay in Beijing, but it would be a hard time for me not having the chance to ride motorcycles there. It's just such an important part of my life. Due to that, I registered here to get more information on how to legally own and ride a motorcycle in China - to me, motorcycle means >250cc, better >500cc, and rims with a minimum of 17". Getting in touch with the local/international motorcycle community is another important aspect, of course ;)
    Importing my own motorcycle seems to be very troublesome, if not impossible for such a long time. Well, I'll see what information I can find here on the forum about all that.

See you on the road one day!
    Cheers
    Kevin

2. #2 Re: Hello from Munich 
    Willkommen! China hat sich geaendert. Not always to the best. But there is always a challenge to grow with your dreams

3. #3 Re: Hello from Munich 
    Welcome!

It appears that the German colony on this forum is growing.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...