Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello all!

Name's Hadz from Malaysia. And I've just bought my self a brand new 650NK.

Named Bender, my 650NK has already done 1104KM in 5 days.

In 5 days I've encountered few problems.

1. Being the white fungus like thingy on the battery terminal which wont allow me to start my bike and drained the battery. (Resolved)

2. Small leak at the radiator mount and the steel ties of the hose. (Resolved)

3. The motor seems to "shut off" after I stop and while moving sometimes. Seems like the kick stand is down. Like when the stand is down, and you put it into first gear. The motor kills itself, but the electrics are all there. (Resolved Thanks to Eric AKA 998S)

Other than that, my Bender is a great bike. The acceleration and braking are superb! Plus here in Malaysia our dealer had already fit in Pirelli Diablo Strada as standard and that tire is great. And the exhaust note, is the talks of ER-6N owners here.

Here is a few pictures of my Bender.

IMAG1331_zpsf4cb829c.jpg

IMAG1326_zps0169cae1.jpg

IMAG1324_zpscf1b5423.jpg

Still stock as showroom condition.

That's all from me for now.

Hope to get feedbacks from others about the issues I've been having.

Thanks!
    Last edited by munkee; 04-14-2013 at 06:22 AM.

2. #2 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Quote Originally Posted by munkee View Post
    3. The motor seems to "shut off" after I stop and while moving sometimes. Seems like the kick stand is down. Like when the stand is down, and you put it into first gear. The motor kills itself, but the electrics are all there. (Still confirming)
    Hello KL, best city in Asia ,

You might indeed check the side stand switch (if your bike has one).
    There are more then one cases where the switch is exactly causing that problem, cutting out the ignition while on the run.
    Due to security reasons, it is normally fail-safe, so there is only a very small area (small part of the rotation) which allows the bike to run, every other position it cuts out.
    If not, a loose battery connection might cause the same symptoms.

E.

3. #3 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S View Post
    Hello KL, best city in Asia ,

You might indeed check the side stand switch (if your bike has one).
    There are more then one cases where the switch is exactly causing that problem, cutting out the ignition while on the run.
    Due to security reasons, it is normally fail-safe, so there is only a very small area (small part of the rotation) which allows the bike to run, every other position it cuts out.
    If not, a loose battery connection might cause the same symptoms.

E.

Hi E.

Thanks for the swift reply. Just wondering. 650NK overseas & china don't have this kick-stand sensor?

I was thinking of removing it. What do you think? Is it adviseable? Well, with respect. I doubt that it is loose battery. Because I've had trouble with battery terminals due to those white fungus like thingy, and while my motor dies all other electricals are on. Well, i could be wrong. I'm going to the dealer later, to change my oil and check this thing out. 2 bottles should cover it right?

Another thing, just one small question. What is the idling speed for the 650NK? Mine's between 1000 - 1500. Is this normal?

Hadznizam "Munks" Hadzir

4. #4 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    I have no idea if the NK has one, I only know it is a regular occuring problem on e.g. the Ducati forums.
    And it is one of the few ignition cut out places, other then the killswitch on your RH handlebar, or a shortcut in your cable-loom.
    Just wickle it around while the engine is running, easy enough to see it is solid or not.

For the idle, it is a twin, so 12-1400 should be perfectly alright ex factory, they run lean mixtures nowadays.
    With a good tune you might get it lower and still running ok, but in standard form it should be ok as long as it is stable.

Eric

5. #5 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I see. So it's not just me. That's a relief. Hahaha... What do you think if I remove it? Because no one but me is going to ride Bender. So rather than future annoyance, better rid of it now. What do you think Eric?

Well, i guess my idling is ok then! :D what are you riding Eric? If I may ask.

Hadznizam "Munks" Hadzir

6. #6 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Neih, don't remove it.
    It is an safety feature, and can prevent u from a lot of damage.
    Just check it / have it checked, and have it corrected if not right, then just forget about it.
    Like I said, it might be the kill switch (or the cables / connectors to it) as well.
    If those are both not the cause, then they need to dig deeper.

E.

PS. 998S :)

7. #7 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well turns out it was the sensor. It was rusted on the inside. My bet goes to the cleaning solution that I was using to wash the oily parts. How ever, the miracle of penetrating fluid and chain lube sort the problem out and its just like new. For now I think. I'm sure it'll come back. :D Anyways, the fuelling on this motor is great, how ever I did notice a hiccup if I opened the throttle a little.

For example, if we're riding on a housing street, we cant go fast. So we open the throttle a little, and it would seemed like the injection is "overflow" until you open it a bit bigger. Is this normal? I don't know because I never own an injection bike or car before.

Hadznizam "Munks" Hadzir

8. #8 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    Good! You should be ok, just spray it from time to time with something like WD-40 (water does not like that) and take care with washing bikes. High pressure washers are a no-no for some parts on a bike, and just take it easy on the electrics with water as well.

The hiccup can happen, but i am not sure if it is common on your type of bike.
    Other owners might chime in here.
    It is most likely caused by a less then optimum fuel map / tune.
    Only way is a dyno run and tune, but not sure that makes sense in KL.

Otherwise, just shift down a gear and let it rev a bit more at the same speed.

E.

9. #9 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Will do. I did wash it with a jet washer before. And I noticed that water was everywhere! Including under the seat where all the electrics and electronics was. So I guess it's down to good ol' elbow grease from now on! :D

Well, for a bike this cheap. I would say the fuelling is great! Because I never get a misfire at all. Occasional back fires though. But i'm sure that's because of the twins setup right? Anyways, if it would take a dyno run. hahaha, nevermind. I can live with hiccup. You're right. It don't make sense. :D I guess all the other 650NK owners are busy. :D

Hadznizam "Munkee" Hadzir

10. #10 Re: Greetings From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This is my ChunFeng 650NK "Bender" 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys!

So finally, after a patch up job on Bender's radiator. It was OK for a few weeks. But today, it has failed and coolant was dripping out like piss! hahaha...
    So I finally make up my mind to send it over to my dealer and claim warranty for the busted radiator. I've forgotten to take picture of where the leak was coming from. But it was coming from the screw mounting in the middle of right side of the radiator. Apparently here in Malaysia, this issue is common, and almost all of the 650NK owners that i've asked had experienced this problem. So i'm guessing it's simple QC error. Anyhows, here's a couple of pictures of the spill.

12508_10151541055649757_1264560395_n_zps32b149be.jpg

644318_10151541055879757_2115784755_n_zps5e721687.jpg

Thanks.

Hadznizam "Munks" Hadzir

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast