Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    Every Chinese desktop computer must....

-Run fake Chinese windows, which is hideously trojan and virus compromised and not updated
    -Run 360 antivirus, with its fake 10 year old internet explorer clone and generate desktop pop-up ads every 10 seconds
    -Run QQ, with its fake 10 year old internet explorer clone re-skinned VLC clone and generate desktop pop-up ads every 10 seconds
    -Never have sound schemes disabled and make irritating noises whenever you do anything
    -Have a single hard drive partitioned into like 100 parts
    -Never run on NTFS always on FAT32
    -Never be 64bit and always 32bit
    -Never have Firefox or Google Chrome installed

Any more?

2. #2 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    +1

3. #3 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    You also have to run the monitor at 1024x768 regardless of how shitty it looks on a 1680X1050 native display.

And every smartphone/tablet must have WeChat so the government can monitor and censor all your communications. I'm sure this will make me unpopular, but you have to be a fuggin idiot to put any Tencent product on a digital device. Please don't help that shitty company increase their market share, have a little integrity and just say "NO" to WeChat.

If you have any doubts, just read the permissions page for their Android app:

This application has access to the following:

Your accounts
    add or remove accounts
    Allows the app to perform operations like adding and removing accounts, and deleting their password.
    create accounts and set passwords
    Allows the app to use the account authenticator capabilities of the AccountManager, including creating accounts and getting and setting their passwords.
    Your location
    approximate location (network-based)
    Allows the app to get your approximate location. This location is derived by location services using network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
    precise location (GPS and network-based)
    Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. These location services must be turned on and available to your device for the app to use them. Apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
    Your messages
    read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
    Allows the app to read SMS messages stored on your device or SIM card. This allows the app to read all SMS messages, regardless of content or confidentiality.
    Network communication
    full network access
    Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
    Phone calls
    read phone status and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
    Storage
    modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
    System tools
    install shortcuts
    Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
    Your applications information
    retrieve running apps
    Allows the app to retrieve information about currently and recently running tasks. This may allow the app to discover information about which applications are used on the device.
    Bluetooth
    pair with Bluetooth devices
    Allows the app to view the configuration of Bluetooth on the device, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
    access Bluetooth settings
    Allows the app to configure the local Bluetooth device, and to discover and pair with remote devices.
    Camera
    take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
    Other Application UI
    draw over other apps
    Allows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
    Microphone
    record audio
    record audio
    Your social information
    read your contacts
    Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
    modify your contacts
    Allows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.
    read call log
    Allows the app to read your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. This permission allows apps to save your call log data, and malicious apps may share call log data without your knowledge.
    write call log
    Allows the app to modify your device's call log, including data about incoming and outgoing calls. Malicious apps may use this to erase or modify your call log.

Hide

Your accounts
    find accounts on the device
    Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the device. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
    Network communication
    view network connections
    Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
    view Wi-Fi connections
    Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
    System tools
    modify system settings
    Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.
    read Home settings and shortcuts
    Allows the app to read the settings and shortcuts in Home.
    send sticky broadcast
    Allows the app to send sticky broadcasts, which remain after the broadcast ends. Excessive use may make the device slow or unstable by causing it to use too much memory.
    test access to protected storage
    Allows the app to test a permission for USB storage that will be available on future devices.
    Affects Battery
    control vibration
    Allows the app to control the vibrator.
    prevent device from sleeping
    Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
    Your applications information
    run at startup
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
    Audio Settings
    change your audio settings
    Allows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.
    Sync Settings
    read sync settings
    Allows the app to read the sync settings for an account. For example, this can determine whether the People app is synced with an account.
    toggle sync on and off
    Allows an app to modify the sync settings for an account. For example, this can be used to enable sync of the People app with an account.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #4 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Yeah what is it with this wechat and weixin product thing... seems like many Chinese are asking do I use these which I'd never heard of until the last month or two... but sounds like most Chinese that I have asked, use these two apps in a similar way as to how TXT/SMS works, so I don't understand what is so special about it other than being able to link contacts and share stuff...
    Life is hectic enough without even more invasion of electronic this, that and the other. Office automation, comprising computers, the internet and a range of electronic whizz bang this, that and the other meant to help us make better use of our time - instead 24 hours gets pushed into 24:01 with questionable productivity gains. Roll in the local manual telephone exchange with Sonya, Betty, Sarah et al. with shared party lines... oh those good ol' days...
    Way too much interconnectivity for my liking... YMMV
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 05-30-2013 at 06:28 AM.

5. #5 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well, bikerdoc, I've come in peace with myself now and just constantly quote Danny Glover - "I'm too old for this sh*t!"

6. #6 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    What is this nation's obsession with frantically refreshing folders? You've seen them do it i'm sure. Right click somewhere in the folder and hit refresh then repeat ad nauseum like a maniac. Why!!!

I must admit i'm a weixin/wechat whore. I know it's not good for me, i know they're stealing all my precious info, but frankly i don't care enough to remove it from my phone. I'd say roughly 50% of all communication i do on my phone is through wechat. Mixed feelings for sure but still keeping it.

7. #7 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Every Chinese desktop computer must....

-Run fake Chinese windows, which is hideously trojan and virus compromised and not updated
    -Run 360 antivirus, with its fake 10 year old internet explorer clone and generate desktop pop-up ads every 10 seconds
    -Run QQ, with its fake 10 year old internet explorer clone re-skinned VLC clone and generate desktop pop-up ads every 10 seconds
    -Never have sound schemes disabled and make irritating noises whenever you do anything
    -Have a single hard drive partitioned into like 100 parts
    -Never run on NTFS always on FAT32
    -Never be 64bit and always 32bit
    -Never have Firefox or Google Chrome installed

Any more?
    this is my desktop screen capture, I need qq because all my friend/buddy/colleague/business contacts use it.
    屏幕快照 2013-06-01 12.03.35 AM.jpg
    同志仍需努力

8. #8 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by td_ref View Post
    this is my desktop screen capture, I need qq because all my friend/buddy/colleague/business contacts use it.
    屏幕快照 2013-06-01 12.03.35 AM.jpg
    Apple! Good to see no fake windows! Was really complaining about my school, every computer has at least three trojans or viruses.

9. #9 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Apple! Good to see no fake windows! Was really complaining about my school, every computer has at least three trojans or viruses.
    If I plug a usb key into a work computer, when I later try to use it on my home machine Windows security goes apesh11. Really a pain in the ass as my two 8G drives have been rendered useless in windows 7 and I will either have to reformat them or only use them with win XP. I have no idea what viruses are running on my work network but they contain some very serious voodoo and that 360 Security they are running does not do poop!

10. #10 Re: Every Chinese desktop computer must.... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob randysway223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post

If I plug a usb key into a work computer, when I later try to use it on my home machine Windows security goes apesh11. Really a pain in the ass as my two 8G drives have been rendered useless in windows 7 and I will either have to reformat them or only use them with win XP. I have no idea what viruses are running on my work network but they contain some very serious voodoo and that 360 Security they are running does not do poop!
    360 Security is really just a placebo effect to make everyone think they're protected. LOL. I'm sure the government spies on all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast