Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post

If I plug a usb key into a work computer, when I later try to use it on my home machine Windows security goes apesh11. Really a pain in the ass as my two 8G drives have been rendered useless in windows 7 and I will either have to reformat them or only use them with win XP. I have no idea what viruses are running on my work network but they contain some very serious voodoo and that 360 Security they are running does not do poop!
+1... opps... +2
Lost count the number of times similar events have occured in the past. So much so that I uninstalled as much of the Ch!nese malware and bloatware as I could on my wifes desktop and the work computers. Even the work place (Ch!nese g0vernment) installed spyware to control all employees browsing habits during certain working hours etc. They wanted to do the same on my personal laptop that I used in my office which I used their internet connection. So I stopped using the connection which was a PITA. Recently this town has become WIFI capable and their are some deals from Ch!na-uincom and Ch!na-mobile that connects via a browser signin using a pre-allocated access code, password and provincial locale via WIFI access. A few of these are sold on Taobao at substantial savings that if buying direct from either Teleco. I'm now able to access the 'net' using my laptop WIFI and signin via the browser. Been using it for a couple of months and working well. So much so, I disconnected the work computers after buying some USB WIFI dongles and buying several of these Teleco WIFI accoutns via a Taobao seller. Uninstalled all the work installed spyware/control-ware... and running free, well as free as one can be in TIC. Next port of call is to buy a veepee N