Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    Run to the Wall and beyond.....

Had a bit of service done to my Italian bike in the Ducati service center Shanghai for some rides in the Northern part of the motherland. Shipped the bike up to Beijing early last week with one of our regular trucks as I have done the S-B-S tour quite often and a waste of time (around 5 days for a S-B-S round trip in the old days) in my personal opinion. Has been 8 years since I had my own bike in Capital City after selling my bike up here to a mate.

Got a few weeks ahead doing cruising around the greater Beijing mountain regions with the Italian bike and my bicycle (beats the friggin' Beijing traffic anytime).....
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    Track-Day at Goldenport Park Track Beijing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldenport_Park_Circuit last week.

Great BMW bikes.... a BMW HP2 Enduro would be great for the motherland but they hardly come up for sale anymore due to collectors status.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TB-Racing; 05-30-2013 at 05:17 AM.

3. #3 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    more track bikes at Beijing Goldenport Track....
    Attached Images

4. #4 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Noice one (again as is the usual case with a quality TBR posting) and for anyone not understanding Noice (it's 'nice' just with an Aussie twang)!
    That's my take on it, and I'm sticking to it...

TBR, do you mind sharing the info on who you use for shipping your bikes all over the show - boat... (hey well it rolls right off the tongue so easily!)
    PM me if you don't care to air for all and sundry to see...
    Cheers...

5. #5 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    God how I miss the music of dbkiller-less Termis!!! TBR that's a sweet looking bike even for my southern-european standards. But what's an animal outside its natural habitat: that bike needs black dry hot mountain asphalt and twisty roads! It needs uphill u-turns and perfectly white roadside stripes, sun and beautiful mountain landscapes! I just miss the old continent a lot these days. Let us know if you can find any of these while wandering across northern China (possibly with photos!).
    Anyway the track day looks like fun! Whats the base of that small racing bike with Ducati colors?

Ride safe,
    Lamps

6. #6 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    I really like the look of that bike pallet. Do you have a box that fits over the top?
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

7. #7 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    TBR, do you mind sharing the info on who you use for shipping your bikes all over...
    No secret, I am involved in China nationwide distribution and its rather easy to use our own team, vehicles and colleagues or one of the reliable logistics companies we work with for a very long time on a regular basis.
    Nope, no need to ask - sorry, not assisting in any bike transportation....

Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    I really like the look of that bike pallet. Do you have a box that fits over the top?
    Yes, the enclosed lockable metal cargo box of the truck and a nylon bike cover over the bike... nothing else on the truck besides the wood pallet and my alloy box with riding gear.

Wood pallet (20mm marine plywood / 1500 x 2500mm with angle steel bar supports) was build to my own design by our carpenter last month, had a few stainless steel plates (3mm / 100 x 100mm) cut as backing plates for the 12mm stainless bolts and eyelets.
    Using a Pitbull Trailer Restraint with additional ratchet straps to secure the front of the bike as added security. Easy to lift the wooden pallet with the bike on and off trucks with forklifts and the bike sits rock solid in the truck and the wooden pallet is secured with ratchet straps to the rails.

The wood pallet was actually only designed and build as a test and trial motorbike shipping device, have something nicer under design and development for the future...

8. #8 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vale46 View Post
    It needs uphill u-turns and perfectly white roadside stripes, sun and beautiful mountain landscapes!Whats the base of that small racing bike with Ducati colors?
    Greater Beijing area has brilliant twisty mountain roads, foggy days during last weekend rides but brilliant riding.
    Went out with a few MCM members on Sunday (approx. 340k) and Monday (approx. 240k) with more to come during the next weeks..... Some route screenshots provided by a Monday rider attached.
    Thanks to ShuBen, Barry, LJH and a few non MCM members.

Quote Originally Posted by vale46 View Post
    Whats the base of that small racing bike with Ducati colors?
    Sounded like a 250-400cc bike (4-stroke), not other info available from my side.
    Attached Images

9. #9 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    No secret, I am involved in China nationwide distribution and its rather easy to use our own team, vehicles and colleagues or one of the reliable logistics companies we work with for a very long time on a regular basis.
    Nope, no need to ask - sorry, not assisting in any bike transportation...
    TBR - mind sharing the information on which public logistics company(-ies) you use..? Not asking for you to assist me, but would be helpful for myself and others who read MCM to know which companies are reliable and dependable when it comes to freighting bikes around China.

For example, www.deppon.com have freight logistics centres all over China, they offer complete turn key solution with packaging services too for motorcycles. Deppon will crate a motorcycle using wood, and ship it to the nearest logistics centre in the destination city/town. Prices are reasonable IMO.

10. #10 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Do you mind sharing the information on which public logistics company(-ies) you use..?
    sorry, NO info from my side about bike shipping... as the companies usually not engage in the vehicle shipping business and do not want to burn any of my solid relations for the future.

some more random mountain pics taken around Beijing recently.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast