Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. #81 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Great thread.....with great pictures. Shame some people seem to be jealous.

2. #82 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Some of the wall murals are really pretty decent as well, not to take anything away from TBR China ride pics - which I for one enjoy since I'm often too lazy to take pics of my own rides, or even I do... I allow myself to leave said pics on the microSD card in said camera. One day I'll stop procrastinating and get round to getting em uploaded (when current studies come to an end - finally).

I'm liking the new KTM 1190 adventurer with all the goodies including shaft drive... though a recent review of the latest 800GSA (adventure) model got a big thumbs up from motorcyclistUSA, which aside from chain final drive (I'm a shaft drive proponent) would be a fairly ideal ride for the TIC moments IMO.

OK, bike to the topic...

3. #83 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Too bad we lost TBR... he voluntarily banned himself from further participation at MCM. A lot of personal attacks these days, not what a biker forum should be about.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #84 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    A lot of personal attacks these days, not what a biker forum should be about.

Cannot be, this guy is not a "puppy". We hardly agreed on topics, that cannot be a reason to go out.

5. #85 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    True...but if you are gonna suspend one, they really should have suspended BOTH. One voluntarily bowing out just looks silly.

6. #86 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Too bad we lost TBR
    Agreed. As lively offline as online. Definitely a highly experienced motorcyclist with a wealth of knowledge about riding in China, and someone who contributes to the community. We can probably bribe him to return online ... free milkshakes might do the trick.

7. #87 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Too bad we lost TBR... he voluntarily banned himself from further participation at MCM. A lot of personal attacks these days, not what a biker forum should be about.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Ok lets get the Facts straight as some comments are about me ??

He did not voluntarily banned himself from further participation he got "banned" by carl parker the owner of this site
    why because he asked after posting a personal attack on me he then siad "ban me if you have the BALLS " so carl did ??? with a post that said "Ask and ye shall receive. I have fulfilled TB's request to be suspended as a member.

How did this all start well i will tell you in a post that i posted about someone who was trying to find detail on how to get a chinese DL i made a suggestion that was outside the box and JB then started to call me stupid, moron. i was just trying to help and have never suggested to the person you should ride in china with out a legal DL all the people who have every had to do all the shit which is required to obtain a legal DL knows how hard it is and at time does get to you ??

Now the joke is JB has never had to got go throuh this shit as many year ago when TB applied for his chinese DL you could just exchange your DL with a chinese one .
    Lucky him so tell me what give him the right to tell peop[le you are stupid and morons when he him self has not had to go throuh all this shit .

sorry i for one will not let people start to verbally attack me, so he does do some good post and yes by some he could be missed but he needs to get a life and grow up ?

From this point it got a bit out of hand but i am a brithish bull dog and will come out the corner fighting he treated people with disrespect on this forum and used it for is own gain mixed in with a few good road reports
    so when he starts calling me "gay" and posting a web page to a online dateing site that he said was me ?? .. Well for me he has just gone to far

|To shown people on the forum i have some good imput i started a thread Re: Sticky rope repairer's how safe ??? http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...rer-s-how-safe

This was done because after seeing pictures see post 42 on this thread i just said ..

"Great report

But Please warn people the stick rope repair is considered temporary repair only and should only be used to LIMP home or to a bike shop ?????
    The most common on the road tyre fix is the outside-in repair. These repair kits typically include a specialized piece of sticky rope or a mini-mushroom type plug. This outside-in type of repair does not require removing the tire from the wheel and is applied from the outside of the tyre. This type of repair is considered temporary, allowing the rider to limp the bike back home or to a motorcycle shop where a proper inside-out repair can be done or by having a new tyre installed."

was this so bad to voice a opinion ? this is what forums are all about

so after a few more post here which i considered to be helpfull he goes back and said this

"could you do me a very big favour and pollute some other threads with your gibberish as it looks like once again you have no idea what your on about, the pic shows one rope inserted into the rear tire.
    opinions on tire plugging and repairs are like arseholes, everyone has one, have a nice weekend....

was i polluteing his thread did i deserve that comment you tell me am i talking shit and i have no idea of what i am talking about

how would you respond to a vebel attack say northing roll over

I have no need to go into details of my pass work history back in the uk but needless to say i have seen, done , and got paid for more punture repairs then yous guy have had hot dinners

Now remember this is from man from this same thread was asked by Bickdoc if he could help on detail on who and how to ship bike around China what did he say well "NO" nice guy help other people on here i think not ..

On post 63 i said "sorry" but made a point that i think he is "altruism towards people question"

now SabineHartmann on the next post said "Please dont apologize, this guy is really sensible with his words. I know for sure "

now i said i would not post no more on this thread so why in post 73 he said

"The last advice I would personally listen to are the confessions of a former tire sales man turned English teacher out somewhere at a Chinese backwater village school..."

was this called for, or is it him just being a asshole ?? you make up your own minds

i did post agian on post 74 but did say

"I said i would not post here again but when you direct comments about me which are untrue you leave me no option.
    If you are going to make a statement get yours facts straight"

was i wrong to post ??

he goes on to say

"Someone having a nervous breakdown, eh? More gibberish that doesn't make any sense...."

he agian trying again provoke the situation

i for one would love to meet him and have a word in his ear we can all be brave behind the keyborad and insult peopel but i for one would back up my insults with a meet but that just me

i did ask him many times that if he reads things he dont like then move on to the next post and dont leave insults surely that what we all should do ?? just move on to the next post

just today had a PM from him sorry must post you tell me if he is all ok in the head ?

"we might have problem to communicate properly or did you get over your fear to speak in public yet with your stammering (speech disorder) yet.
    how is the scooter going? got a plug in the tires yet?

GET A LIFE YOU CLOWN!!!!! a friggin' moron with a speech disorder mouthing of at public forums claim to ride big bikes.... hahahahahahahahaha......"

This is one of many PM i am getting from him just now

so i will end this post by saying to all the other member on here i am sorry to have bring this forum into disrepute but it take 2 to tango

i Hope you can see my point of view on this matter and hope it finds all the member well

sorry one more point have you all seen lately all the spam post here but i find it very strange
    that the person who is doing this has just became members in the last few days not pointing a finger just find its strange i have ask carl parker the owner to see if he can trace the IP address just to be sure

Have a good day

p.s. all my life i have believed in the saying

one should not suffer fools gladly

and i dont
    Last edited by prince666; 07-04-2013 at 10:06 PM.

8. #88 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Ok lets get the Facts straight as some comments are about me ??
    Wow, looks more a personal crusade then just posting on a motorcycle forum to me, especially the above post where you start it all over again.
    Your hinting that TB is behind the recent SPAM attacks is ridiculous, and everyone who knows him will agree.

And your posts on various other threads about "checking with Carl" also does not promise too much good, I don't think many of us are waiting for this 'policing', not Carl, not me, not many others here.

So TB is (self)banned, now get a life yourself again.

E

9. #89 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    [QUOTE=998S;59541]Wow, looks more a personal crusade then just posting on a motorcycle forum to me, especially the above post where you start it all over again.
    Your hinting that TB is behind the recent SPAM attacks is ridiculous, and everyone who knows him will agree.

And your posts on various other threads about "checking with Carl" also does not promise too much good, I don't think many of us are waiting for this 'policing', not Carl, not me, not many others here.

So TB is (self)banned, now get a life yourself again.

E[/QUOTE

Not a personal crusade, just wont have people post insults without responding to these comments that is my right like it or not and my life is fine thank you very much

have a nice day

10. #90 Re: TBR China Cruising 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Give it a rest... Prince666 we the collective get your point. So no need to go on and on defending yourself (again). You've covered this already.

I'm a little disappointed that TBR felt the need to be called upon to be banned, because IMO TBR has a wealth of info to share and has shared, after all he's been riding/living in China some 24 years which counts for a great deal. While I was a little disappointed at TBR's response to my question about who he uses to get his bikes freighted around China. But, while I was hurt by his response I understand that after a while it gets pretty frustrating to be here and finding oneself being asked all types of questions, some repetitive, what seems like all the time.

Prince666 you call TBR out on his method of getting his license, writing that he just exchanged for a PRC issued one. Even if that might be true, it likely wasn't just a simple matter, or put another way, as simplistic as one might think. Actually many things/processes/procedures in place in PRC today that some take for granted, that allow us foreigners to function here were helped to be put in place by many foreigners who came before us, after all someone had to do it first. It'd be a pretty safe bet to think that TBR and other long term-ers have helped pave the way for us including you Prince666. I've been here half as long as TBR, and I know from my own experience the types of trials and tribulations I've had to go through and the paths I've had to blaze to get to where I'm at here in my own little part of China. Living and functioning here isn't without it's challenges and frustrations.

As you suggest Prince666 it takes two to tango (a fire needs fuel,) so to ban one should also result in banning of the other IMO. Temporarily at least.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 07-05-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast