Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    There doesnt seem to be an issue with rebound, the ride is quite firm.The tyre pressures are meant to be 16psi maximum, when I first checked mine the dealer had inflated then to 28 psi, they are now running at 12 psi and seem quite ok. I havent had the shrouds off of the rear shocks to see how they are constructed but I may swop them for some gas shocks at a later date. On regular flat tarmac the bike feels quite firm and stable. But over here we seem to suffer from endless road repairs and additions of buried services. So the roads are often like patchwork quilts, this where you get the grip and tracking problems, seams in the road tend to pull at the tyres and move the bike across the road. Tyre wear so far is normal and even across the width, I am up to 1700 kms so far. Thats another thing, the speedo reads and records in Kms although there is a smaller inner ring in mph.
    Last edited by trexuk; 08-22-2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: To add more info

2. #12 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    2013-04-28 13.41.33.jpg

This is the T Rex before I removed the rear rack.

3. #13 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    2013-07-17 16.58.00.jpg

Another shot of the T Rex at a spot I stop at on my way home for a cigarette break and to enjoy the peace and quiet.

4. #14 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Was just sitting here thinking about other things on the bike. 1st gear is pretty low so I only use it on hill starts, pulling away the rest of the time in 2nd, probably not great for the engine and gearbox but 1st feels quite slow. If its a rolling start being in 2nd gives you that little edge over car and truck drivers who often tailgate you. If you give it some throttle though it will race up through the gears to 45 mph leaving most of them in your wake. All in all I would say I am very happy with my little Chinese bike.

5. #15 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    Thank you for the photos! Do you happen to know the teeth on the front and rear sprockets? I would need mine to hit at least 60mph sustained for several miles, but even with sprocket(s) I doubt this bike would do it for me. I do think this would do great for me as an around town bike, and to explore the desert roads and river roads around me. Yuma is pretty much quad territory, or 2 wheels with a paddle, due to the fine beach sand texture of all the off road places nearby. These would make for a good alternative to a quad.

I see you are in Kent. My Father's side of the family all live in Faversham, although one of my cousins moved to Canada, but happens to be there right now visiting his parents and brother for a few more days. Not sure how far you are to Faversham?

Birdmove, I bet this would make a great bike for Hawaii for you!

6. #16 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Me too! It would be nice if it could run at 50 mph though. But I could run on the highway shoulders to and from Hilo. They let bicycles, pedestrians, and mopeds run them. You see lots of Honda Ruckuses, and small 49cc Chinese scooters/mopeds running the shoulders. I sometimes ride my Kymco People 150 on them when I just want to take it easy. The shoulders here , at least on the main highway, are full lane width size. I ride them sometimes when we are having a heavy rain too, as the big drops hurt less at 40 mph than at 50-55!

7. #17 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Thank you for the photos! Do you happen to know the teeth on the front and rear sprockets? I would need mine to hit at least 60mph sustained for several miles, but even with sprocket(s) I doubt this bike would do it for me. I do think this would do great for me as an around town bike, and to explore the desert roads and river roads around me. Yuma is pretty much quad territory, or 2 wheels with a paddle, due to the fine beach sand texture of all the off road places nearby. These would make for a good alternative to a quad.

I see you are in Kent. My Father's side of the family all live in Faversham, although one of my cousins moved to Canada, but happens to be there right now visiting his parents and brother for a few more days. Not sure how far you are to Faversham?

Birdmove, I bet this would make a great bike for Hawaii for you!
    Sorry I dont know the number of teeth on the sprockets but I can check over this weekend and let you know. I have been thinking of adding a slightly larger rear sprocket to mine to see how much difference it makes, maybe two teeth extra to start with. I was wondering if you could use a gear inch calculator to work out how many extra MPH you would gain?

Faversham isnt too far from here, we live on the Thames estuary and its about twenty 20 miles further downstream. Will be passing that way when I visit my father in law later today in Herne Bay which is in the mouth of the estuary where it meets The Channel.

8. #18 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    Me too! It would be nice if it could run at 50 mph though. But I could run on the highway shoulders to and from Hilo. They let bicycles, pedestrians, and mopeds run them. You see lots of Honda Ruckuses, and small 49cc Chinese scooters/mopeds running the shoulders. I sometimes ride my Kymco People 150 on them when I just want to take it easy. The shoulders here , at least on the main highway, are full lane width size. I ride them sometimes when we are having a heavy rain too, as the big drops hurt less at 40 mph than at 50-55!

We can use the bus lanes over here to ride in both on motorbikes and cycles. I dont use them when I am on my T Rex but I do if I am cycling as they are safer than using the normal road. And it gives you that extra buffer between you and the crazy car drivers.

9. #19 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Its August Bank Holiday weekend over here so we get Monday off of work. Its been a tradition for years over here to go to the seaside on your bike on these days so I may take a trip down to the coast then on the T Rex. Was thinking of going down to Broadstairs, its about 50 miles. I thought it would be a good test of how the bike runs over a good distance. My step son wants to come too on his scooter, wife will be at work so as long as the sun is out and there's no rain that's my plan.

10. #20 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    2013-06-09 15.00.23.jpg

This is what shares the garage with the T Rex but as you can see its in a rather neglected state. Its my winter project!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast