Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    How many miles have you got on the Trex? Thank you, Jon

2. #22 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    How many miles have you got on the Trex? Thank you, Jon
    Hi Jon, there's around 1700 kms on the clock now, so I guess that's about 800 miles? Am hopefully getting its first service done in a few days time at a local Skyteam dealership, its way overdue, that's why I haven't pushed the motor too much. Have done three oil changes on it since new so hopefully there is nothing drastically wrong with it.

3. #23 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Opps just checked, its actually 1056 miles, more than I had thought. I am even happier now that I haven't been thrashing the engine!

4. #24 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    15 F and 36 Rear :-)

5. #25 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by trexuk View Post
    15 F and 36 Rear :-)
    Thank you!

I wonder if the 125 could get to a sustained 55 mph with perhaps a 16 front?

I like your winter project ct70(?)!

I remember the Herne Bay (I think it is one of the stops) stop from the train from Faversham to London. My brother in law can recite the recorded message from the same train ride where all the stops are listed, complete with a good imitation British accent. I only remember bits of the announcement (Sittingbourne and Chatham, are the only two stops out of the ones announced I remember); plus, my imitation British accent is not so good (ironic since my father still has his real accent after 45 years in the US! LOL

6. #26 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Not sure whether it would run at a sustained 60 or not, I have only taken mine up to 45. Its being serviced on Tuesday so I will fee la bit more confident to push it on. I fitted a rev counter to mine and at 45 its doing around 3300rpm. according to Skyteam it develops maximum power at 6500, so there is quite a bit still left in the engine.

I work in central London and catch the Faversham train home each night, from Gravesend the stops are: Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Sittingbourne and Faversham :-)

7. #27 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    My winter project is a Honda ST70, you call them CT70s. It runs ok at the moment but isn't road legal. At some point someone has removed all the electrics apart from whats required to run the engine and generate a spark. I have to decide whether to restore it to its original condition with NOS parts, or use pattern Chinese parts and just get it on the road. Its a K0 model from 70 or 71 I think? I had one just like it 30 years ago when i was 20 years old.
    Last edited by trexuk; 08-25-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error

8. #28 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    There are quite a few original bikes I see advertised here in the west (states of Arizona and California) selling with 125cc Lifan engines; this seemed to happen more often once restored bikes stopped selling for thousands of $'s.

How difficult are the laws to get old projects street legal once again in the UK?

9. #29 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    There is a healthy classic and vintage bike and car scene over here, in fact anything old from tractors to steam engines. UK laws for old vehicles are pretty much the same as new ones, there are a few exceptions. Emissions aren't quite so strict but vehicles still have to pass a Ministry of Transport test before they are deemed road worthy. They would need insurance too and road tax, although any vehicle over 25 years old is now considered a classic and as such gets free road tax but must still display the paper licence on it.

I think Lifan engines and other similar makers are quite popular replacements as they are based on the original 60s and 70s engines so dont look too out of place in an old bike. The quality of chinese products has vastly improved over the last few years and owners feel more confident that the products will last. Having said that I would prefer to use the original ST70 engine if possible as I think its a pretty unit. If I were planning to use the monkeybike everyday or cover long distances on it I might go for a modern equivalent. There is a big Monkeybike scene over here too.

10. #30 Re: Sherpa, TRex, Roketa 124cc Street Bike MC-38?? 
    C-Moto Senior
    1185499_10200893696002645_704540929_n.jpg

This is on today locally so may call in?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast