Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share my opinion about the bikes above.

I live in Taizhou, Zhejiang province so I'm only 25mins by car away from the QianJiang/Benelli factory in wenling. So I went today and tested the Benelli SilverBlade 250cc scooter. Its a beautiful looking bike, nice features, good quality and looks very stable to ride. However I'm 6ft 5 and the bike was a tad too small, my knees just touched the panels below the handlebars, I can't get my legs fully in even with sitting as far back as possible. If you are shorter then it would be a perfect bike for travelling around on. It's got enough power 20.5bhp. Accelerates very nicely and the dash board is very simple but with a quick glance you can find the information your looking for. It has two disc brakes on the front and a single one on the back, liquid cooled single cyclinder. If your a few inches shorter than I am then I would definitely advise you to test ride this bike if your looking for a sporty looking twist n go bike.

After the benelli factory, I then went to Luqiao in Taizhou to visit the CFMOTO dealer, who also sells Piaggio, Kymco, Yamaha, Aprilia and Adonis. To my surprise the owner told me to forget about the CFMOTO JetMax and JetLux because so many have been returned with the same problems. Problems include rear suspension, rear brakes, and some other engine slip ups. Also the JetLux wind protection is pretty non existent. I know some of you guys on here have CFMOTOs and are very happy with them, but I'm just explaining what the dealer told me. Looking wise the JetLux does look the better out of the two but I have decided to forget about these bikes also.

Finally the Adonis, well before I went there today, I had never heard of this company. This bike is another scooter available in a 250 and a 300cc engine. Apart from the engine difference the bike is identical. It has a nice comfortable seat, with good wind protection and a nice view from the riding position. The only downside was the under seat storage, it was tiny, couldn't fit much under there, maybe just one Chinese sized helmet. It did have some features similar to the Cfmoto bikes like mainly the MP3 player with speakers, however I don't have need for this and again it could add extra problems to the bike with faulty Chinese electricals and also might drain the battery. It's power is very similar to the other bikes and the 300cc version just allows for quicker overtaking on the wider open roads.

Prices in Taizhou:
    Benelli and Cfmoto with 2 years warranty is 17,800rmb plus 10% for bike documents, licence plates extra.
    Adonis with 3 years warranty is 19,500rmb plus 1,500rmb for bike documents, licence plates extra.

After an exciting day viewing these maxi scooters I have decided to not buy any of them, just on size, quality and reliability. But as stated above if you are a little shorter, then I would choose the benelli because of its looks and also the name is quite reliable. For those who do own one of these bikes and haven't had many big issues with them, then that's great and I wish you good luck for the future on them.

I also went to two second hand motorbike shops and found a lovely 2006 Yamaha Majesty 400 that will cost 32,000rmb with all the legal documents so I'm quite interested in this bike. Having grown up on Yamahas then I feel quite safe knowing that I shouldn't have any major problems with this bike, finger crossed.

If anyone has any questions or would like to give their own opinion that may be against mine then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Thomas

2. #2 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    could you get a Yamaha T-max, good power good quality and sold the most maxi-scooters in Europe.

Kennon

3. #3 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Kennon,

In China it's difficult to get any scooter you want, because a lot of them don't have legal documents and also because maxi scooters aren't as common here than in other countries. However I have seen TMax scooters but they are roughly 30,000RMB more which makes the total to be about 62,000RMB. Little pricey for a second hand scoot. If I was home in the UK, without a doubt I would get one, just here in China, your options are a little limited.

Thanks

Thomas

4. #4 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    I looked at used Burgman and T Max ... Price did not justify the illegal bike ... Regardless of " every one does it" Sorry the SilverBlade was to small ... I am loving mine.
    My tall friend with the Silverblade is 6 4 and barely fits it ... But he still loves it. Convinced me to buy mine.

5. #5 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes everyone does do it, they are good bikes but too pricey for what you get that's not fully legal. As I said before the Benelli is a great looking bike, and I haven't heard many reliability problems with it as much as with the CFmoto scooters, although bikerdoc may disagree. I know he loves his JetMax. Glad your having fun on it, please feel free to upload a photo of your bike. Would be good to see.

I bought the majesty and very happy with it, got plenty of power for 2 people and is very stable, plus my long legs fit in with ease. When the rainy weather has stopped, I will upload some photos of it. Just waiting on delivery for a bottle of slime, and two locks. One is a xena disc alarm, and the other is an onguard chain. Expensive but worth it.

Thanks

6. #6 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    I had two Abus from my old Canam ... One disk one chain.
    The majesty is a great ride.

7. #7 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    Ahh fair enough was wondering as you mentioned the Yamaha Majesty.

Kennon

8. #8 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    Ive had my jetmax for nearly three years. Not a single problem.. Rear suspension is hard. I think they have been Billy bullshitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taizhouthomas View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share my opinion about the bikes above.

I live in Taizhou, Zhejiang province so I'm only 25mins by car away from the QianJiang/Benelli factory in wenling. So I went today and tested the Benelli SilverBlade 250cc scooter. Its a beautiful looking bike, nice features, good quality and looks very stable to ride. However I'm 6ft 5 and the bike was a tad too small, my knees just touched the panels below the handlebars, I can't get my legs fully in even with sitting as far back as possible. If you are shorter then it would be a perfect bike for travelling around on. It's got enough power 20.5bhp. Accelerates very nicely and the dash board is very simple but with a quick glance you can find the information your looking for. It has two disc brakes on the front and a single one on the back, liquid cooled single cyclinder. If your a few inches shorter than I am then I would definitely advise you to test ride this bike if your looking for a sporty looking twist n go bike.

After the benelli factory, I then went to Luqiao in Taizhou to visit the CFMOTO dealer, who also sells Piaggio, Kymco, Yamaha, Aprilia and Adonis. To my surprise the owner told me to forget about the CFMOTO JetMax and JetLux because so many have been returned with the same problems. Problems include rear suspension, rear brakes, and some other engine slip ups. Also the JetLux wind protection is pretty non existent. I know some of you guys on here have CFMOTOs and are very happy with them, but I'm just explaining what the dealer told me. Looking wise the JetLux does look the better out of the two but I have decided to forget about these bikes also.

Finally the Adonis, well before I went there today, I had never heard of this company. This bike is another scooter available in a 250 and a 300cc engine. Apart from the engine difference the bike is identical. It has a nice comfortable seat, with good wind protection and a nice view from the riding position. The only downside was the under seat storage, it was tiny, couldn't fit much under there, maybe just one Chinese sized helmet. It did have some features similar to the Cfmoto bikes like mainly the MP3 player with speakers, however I don't have need for this and again it could add extra problems to the bike with faulty Chinese electricals and also might drain the battery. It's power is very similar to the other bikes and the 300cc version just allows for quicker overtaking on the wider open roads.

Prices in Taizhou:
    Benelli and Cfmoto with 2 years warranty is 17,800rmb plus 10% for bike documents, licence plates extra.
    Adonis with 3 years warranty is 19,500rmb plus 1,500rmb for bike documents, licence plates extra.

After an exciting day viewing these maxi scooters I have decided to not buy any of them, just on size, quality and reliability. But as stated above if you are a little shorter, then I would choose the benelli because of its looks and also the name is quite reliable. For those who do own one of these bikes and haven't had many big issues with them, then that's great and I wish you good luck for the future on them.

I also went to two second hand motorbike shops and found a lovely 2006 Yamaha Majesty 400 that will cost 32,000rmb with all the legal documents so I'm quite interested in this bike. Having grown up on Yamahas then I feel quite safe knowing that I shouldn't have any major problems with this bike, finger crossed.

If anyone has any questions or would like to give their own opinion that may be against mine then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Thomas

9. #9 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Jonsims,

Well I'm glad your bike has been going well. It's just strange especially for a Chinese dealer of CFmoto to tell me to avoid buying their scooters. Your not the only person has also told me that they are problem free. Hehe.

10. #10 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey,

If anyone in China or else where is looking for a great online store for motorcycle and scooter parts then I would tell you to check out partzilla.com

I have found all the parts I want for the Yamaha Majesty. Oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, v belt, front and rear brake pads, variator, rollers, etc. really good store. They deliver from the US to China. Not too expensive if you buy more than a few things.

I have found some tyres for the majesty on taobao and was wondering if anyone has had a pair of these:

Pirelli Diablo
    Michelin Power Pure SC
    Metzeler Feel Free

Which pair would you recommend?

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast