Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    I haven't had experience with scooter tyres for a good few years now even then I ran Cheng shin tyres on my Yamaha, but I have experience with Michelin and Pirelli's on motorbikes, the Michelins were great loads of feel both in the dry and the wet, I currently Run Pirellia Diablo Strada sport touring tyres on my VFR 400 and they are amazing don't feel like touring tyres witht ehre profile but the quality and the secure planted feeling is there.

Kennon

2. #12 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Kennon,

Thanks for your message. Having read other online reviews, I think I'm gonna buy the Pirelli Diablo ones. Apart from their good quality, they also look pretty good.

Cheers.

3. #13 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    Mate.. I found the Benelli scooter to be a 250cc city runabout.. Very cramped and the headlight nacelle is fixed to the handlebars making it look like a mini mini scooter.
    I ripped the jetmax seat to pieces and cut a section out of it and extended the driver seat back to allow me to sit comfortabingly with my legs outstretched. It was a quick thing to do and many people will make a new seat cover and foam for around 200 rmb. You lose the two helmet storage option but frankly how much of the time does anyone ride two up?
    I've been riding this jetmax for nearly three years and covered nearly thirty thou KM. Biker Doc has had is the same time and done twice as many kms. You can scrape the body on the corners at speed and feel safe and we've not had any issues with the bikes.
    SO it really surprises me that people are saying bad things about them. The suspension is rock hard at the back. I could explain to you why they have done this but it doesn't change that it can be a back jarring ride.
    I've ridden most of the CF and Benelli bikes and scooters and found the Benellis, as the CF's to be built for the rather diminutive Chinese frame.
    I don't want to be squished up like a sardine to go out into the countryside on a prissy city commuter when for the same price I can stretch out and enjoy the ride.. Call me old fashioned, but actually call me old. The good thing Benelli does is send guys out to fix any problems and trust me.. Those guys are busy.. We've got quite a few of the 600 road bikes and scooters...

Parts and accessories for CF can be bought on line and they generally get it right. There are always parts and they are happy to sell directly.

After 18 years biking in this country I am so glad I can go directly to the manufacturer and get parts.

I don't like the CF company management. .. they are arrogant pricks but hey.. They are Chinese and they are making, not only good bikes but also ATVS and wet bikes which sell like mad overseas and not to third world countries who will buy any crap so long as it's cheap.

Amazed the Taizhou CF moto dealer would slag off his partner company but it may be because he was just demoted from being the Zhejiang Agent..

Its not worth buying illegal imports any more. The false plates are getting harder to get and illegally registering vehicles is now regarded as a criminal offence and you don't get a get out of jail card for up to six years. Not only that the insurance will be void and you could end up paying many millions of RMB in compensation. Between me and three other of my friends we have probably around 100 illegally imported bikes.. Some rather exotic too.

So.. Its good to hear your views and I hope you don't have a problem with mine..

If you want a good quality reliable illegally imported bike for a cheap price you can't go better than a second hand Yamaha Dragstar (V STAR) 1100.. There are a lot of them about and for 25K you'd pick up a cool looking, simple, reliable bike and if you really wanted to you can buy a crap 5,000RMB chinese low rider copy, register that in your name and then get the engine number and frame professionally changed for around 2,000 RMB

On the Benelli scooter: When I ride it I feel like some guy is going to say to me "TAKE A LETTER MISS SMITH".

Quote Originally Posted by Taizhouthomas View Post
    Yes everyone does do it, they are good bikes but too pricey for what you get that's not fully legal. As I said before the Benelli is a great looking bike, and I haven't heard many reliability problems with it as much as with the CFmoto scooters, although bikerdoc may disagree. I know he loves his JetMax. Glad your having fun on it, please feel free to upload a photo of your bike. Would be good to see.

I bought the majesty and very happy with it, got plenty of power for 2 people and is very stable, plus my long legs fit in with ease. When the rainy weather has stopped, I will upload some photos of it. Just waiting on delivery for a bottle of slime, and two locks. One is a xena disc alarm, and the other is an onguard chain. Expensive but worth it.

Thanks

4. #14 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    Banned
    Seems some Benelli scooters are only manufactured for the Australia / NZ -DOWN UNDER- market or Chinese quality control..... spotted in a BJ bike shop recently....
    Attached Images

5. #15 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Regular
    Saw that and pointed it out to them weeks ago.

6. #16 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys... finally i get my benelli silverblade 250 or called zafferano 250 in indonesia... its nice bike but abit crapy CVT.
    it use Delphi ECU. and it handle moreless like piaggio X9 just abit more heavy. the ground clearence abit too low like brugman.

7. #17 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by n893 View Post
    Hi guys... finally i get my benelli silverblade 250 or called zafferano 250 in indonesia... its nice bike but abit crapy CVT.
    it use Delphi ECU. and it handle moreless like piaggio X9 just abit more heavy. the ground clearence abit too low like brugman.
    Hi all

Actually I'm hoping somebody can tell me where I can try these 3 bikes (jetmax, silverblade and Adonis) out in Beijing. I found a place online that has the cfmoto jetmax but it's over 2 hours away (I live in the north of beijing and this place is in the south).

I did find an Adonis 300 locally but I can't seem to find much info about this bike. It looked ok.

The benelli looks nice but like other people here, I'm a reasonably tall 6.3 and want a comfortable ride in and outside town.

Any suggestions very much appreciated. Thanks.

8. #18 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    You might like to also consider Kymco in your consideration pile. Kymco have the xciting250, the new xciting400 and the Myroad700i legally available in PRC now. Naturally way more expensive than the local offerings, but there is a substantial difference in the quality...

Approximate prices:
    xciting250 元48000
    xciting400 (ABS) 元69000
    Myroad700i (ABS) 元99000

don't forget to tack on sales tax.

C-Moto Regular
    And license

10. #20 Re: Benelli SilverBlade 250, Cfmoto JetMax, Adonis 250/300 Review 
    Hey guys! Just wondering about anyone's experience with the Benelli 250 scooter? I went to have a look at it at a dealer in Zengcheng (outskirts of Guangzhou) and I, too, am 6'5 TALL, and it felt a bit cramped for me to sit on. They wouldn't let me test drive one, because they only had a couple of brand new ones, but told me they would call me when they finished servicing one they had in the shop at the moment. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to pay so much extra for a scooter that basically is going to be ridden around town by me and the wife. Thinking about getting rid of my Honda CB-1 with a CBR600 engine, and my old Chinese scooter and sticking with something nice and comfortable for the family to ride like this Benelli. Just not sure if it's worth the extra dough for a scooter. Wondering also if there have been issues with them. I'm just really drawn to the Benelli's because of their styling (can't beat Italians when it comes to style - no matter the product or industry )Call me shallow, haha! I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm just curious if anyone has any updates on this, the Benelli - specifically.

ThePope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12