Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    You can buy wheels on tao-bao.com (if you have agents, who trades with tao-bao, in your country). Also you can buy wheels from KTM XC 250 07-12 model year, just pay attention to axle size, older KTMs has smaller axles.
    I have bought set of wheels 21\18 from tao-bao, their price was about 200 $ + 20% commission of the agent + 15 $\1kg shipping. Wheels for KTM are more expensive.

2. #42 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Markin View Post
    You can buy wheels on tao-bao.com (if you have agents, who trades with tao-bao, in your country). Also you can buy wheels from KTM XC 250 07-12 model year, just pay attention to axle size, older KTMs has smaller axles.
    I have bought set of wheels 21\18 from tao-bao, their price was about 200 $ + 20% commission of the agent + 15 $\1kg shipping. Wheels for KTM are more expensive.

Sorry to say but I have no agents here in Sweden! :/

3. #43 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Last week on Nankunsan

IMG_20140322_121445 (Small).jpg

Watch out for these:

IMG_20140322_152043 (Small).jpg

Circle rut I made today. 7,5m diameter, but need to dig a bit more next time.

IMG_20140329_164026 (Small).jpg

4. #44 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What is the gearing like on these? I know that on the 200cc China bikes I've had before you would be in fifth gear by 30MPH. Is it possible to ride a wheelie on this without running out of gear? My last DBs were Hon CRF450, Yam YZF450, and KTM EXC450 so I don't want to be super disappointed if I get one.

5. #45 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    X2 with stock carb and sprockets (14/46) is not able to wheelie from throttle even on 1st gear. Now I have Keihin FCR 32mm carb, 300cc cylinder and sprockets 14/50, and wheelie from throttle is possible. In any case, it is senseless to compare 450cc MX bike with 250cc street legal enduro.

6. #46 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Actually, the KTM EXC is street legal and it out handled the Yam and Hon purpose built race bikes. The suspension looks good, the bike looks good, I just can't believe that the X2X can't even wheelie. Even the 200cc bikes could pull the wheel up but would run out of gear as soon as it did.

7. #47 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    What Markin says you can not just wheelie with pure power from ripping open the throttle, like larger cc bikes, thats true.

However, if you have the feeling with the clutch you can certainly clutch wheelie it, plenty of vids around and I can also get the front wheel up. (Due to my limited skills it cant be called a wheelie)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzgxNjQ5ODg0.html

Stock gearing with the off road wheels is 14/52 btw. 14/46 on the supermoto.

€: also worth looking: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQyMzI5NTQw.html

8. #48 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just received a message from Shineray on Facebook, they said the 2013 X2X is 300cc. The website has not been updated in who knows how many years so does anybody else know about this? I will visit their booth at the Canton Fair and update everyone if nobody knows.

9. #49 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    By the way, stock clutch slipped in my bike when was sharply released (for example, when trying to wheelie). It slipped till the bike was new, at different types of oil - Motul 10w40, Silkolene 10w50 etc. I put 3 forced clutch springs and 3 stock, and now it works without slipping.
    One more thing: x2 is a bit heavy bike (135kg) and has long swingarm, also stock engine is not very powerful (because of weak stock carburetor, catalytic afterburner in exhaust ). So, it is not easy to make wheelie and aggressive riding on stock bike. But after some upgrades this bike becomes a nice machine for fun, engine has a good potential. The only incorrigible bug, that prevents from full-fledged usage of the bike on SM or MX track is the weight of the bike. If it"s weight was 15-20 kg less, these bike would be ideal.

10. #50 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Guys, does anybody know how to change seals and oil in FastAce front fork? What is the oil volume, what special tools will i need for seal change? Is this fork with open chamber or with closed (is it necessary to fill cartridge with oil)? May be, somebody has a manual for this fork? Thanks.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast