Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I just found out yesterday from Shineray that the X2X is now 300cc but with no other changes. It was a shame that they did not have the bike there, but the Chungking 400 and XY250-3 looked nice.image.jpg

2. #52 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    if they have increased the bore I hope they modified the head because that's going to really wreck the combustion chamber shape no substitute for cubes but its gotta burn efficiently or waste of heat as for the question about the forks I doubt they are cartridge type to find the oil level without a service manual , fully compress the fork fill it with oil , extend it and put in the spring put on the lid and compress it with two fat bastards , it will probably lock up so remove 50ml at a time with a syringe until it has full movement. the air space above the oil has a spring effect so you can keep removing oil to soften the stroke up to the point where it bottoms out seals just have the dimensions on them and can usually be found at a bearing supplier remove the circlip pick out the seals with a bit of brass rod fashioned into a tool slide the new ones in on upside down forks you will need to remove the tube from the body there is an allen bolt at the bottom of the fork , you will need a good quality allen socket and a long extension. do not wreck this bolt...

3. #53 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    XY250-3

They are selling these in Denmark....http://shineray.dk/shop/frontpage.html
    The prices there seem delusional to me.

In China they are selling for around 17,000-18,000 RMB

4. #54 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    19,800 for the XY400 in China or about $3,200.00 USD.

They should line the down pipes on those and they will not discolor, the bike should have a nice chrome exhaust that does not discolor.

5. #55 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    I was also at the fair, Shineray had a nice booth, but did not show the X2, not the X5 and NOT the new X6. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=36860253550
    The sales guy I was talking to seemed not to have much idea about anything.
    For the 300CC, I think maybe for export, I doubt they get the type approval for China plates.

The booth from Asiawing was modest, they showed four of their latest offroad bikes, fell in love with the LD450 2014, sleeker and lighter than the X2. And the guys at the booth knew everything I wanted to know technically.

IMG_20140419_135534 (Small).jpg

6. #56 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hey, anybody out there has or seen the new X2X?

I just noticed them on taobao. Uncle google translate says:

The new X2 with the new EFI system the United States
    But also shorten the wheelbase, bend performance compared X2X, 13%;

Water-cooled four-valve 250cc engine, the United States Visteon's EFI system, power output increase of 11%, 16% fuel savings, emissions to meet national standards;
    The new one is about 1000kuai more expensive. They claim that the top speed of the new one is 161km/h.....while the old ones claimed top speed is 100km/h

Old

New

7. #57 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Hey, anybody out there has or seen the new X2X?
    I currently have one on order from the factory and started a thread about it here:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...neray-300cc-X2

8. #58 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    I want to bring this topic back to life!

After looking longer time at CRF250 Honda and realizing that there is no really legal way to register them in China a new crazy idea had grown in my head. Start a new CN bike adventure and improve a local base to a acceptable machine. And satisfy my mechanic affinity.
    My eye fell finally on the Shineray X2 250 enduro. After seeing Barry riding the crap out of his X2 and wonder that it is still running I start a bit investigation. That lead to the conclusion that its worth to give it a try.

Here is the plan:
    a) buy a new legal B plated X2 250 Enduro with Carburetor (if not possible, with EFI... that can be replaced at the X2 against a carb)
    b) Get the mod parts for the list below, start with the decided mods, prepare for the nice to have mods
    c) execute all decided mods in step 1
    d) execute all nice to have mods in step 2

The result should be a reliable 300cc bike that brings about 36HP. (total costs unplated about 28k RMB)

What I want from you guys out there: let me know mods that i should do in step 1 and advise for step 2

PLEASE !!!! HELP ME !!!!

Here is the list:
    X2 mods.jpg
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #59 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    As an X2X owner myself with mechanical IQ about 30, I have been riding mine for over 3 years now. I have been having great fun with it while it works and without parts falling off it.

In a separate post I have mentioned about a few issues with X2X, such as the seat improvement, and my experience with the spokes (actually the rim, for which you cant find strong enough spokes for it. I ended up replacing it with a custom rim from Comstar for over 2500 RMB.):
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post57963

Just recently I have the front wheel bearing replaced. According to the mechanic that it is futile to replace it with a better graded one, as the wheel hub is not designed correctly and the bearing does not have enough support in order to stay snug over time. All the X2X owners Ive known replace their front bearing before reaching 15K km on the clock without exception.

There are a few other things one need to keep a constant watch. But as I said, it is great fun riding it while it is rideable.

10. #60 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Regarding the carb pls. keep in mind that the space between the frame and engine is limited. You cant fit an FCR in there. I got a PE32 (no big bore kit) and its a really tight fit.

I still got a brand new aluminum exhaust, which is nicely made. I just wanted it to be possibly loud, so changed to the stainless exhaust right when I got the bike. If interested PM me.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast