Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Good work Snakeeater and nice update. One more thing to worry about, if the wheel bearings were that bad, think about how bad the swingarm bearings probably are. All the TGR and XTR riders I know have greased the snot out of them as they tend to weld themselves together if you don't stay on top of it.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #12 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Im thinking of getting one of those but am worried about the seat height (Im 180cm). I never did any serious off-roading therefore I dont have any experience. I worry that if I cant put my feet down easily I will be dropping the bike too often. Maybe I should just get the XTR/TGR or the qingqi....

3. #13 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Flat footing a bike brings many people comfort, but in reality it's not that big of a deal. Your inseam length is what matters more then anything else. At your height you won't be able to flat foot it, but you should be able to touch the ground with your toes, or maybe even the balls of your feet (it's good enough).
    Flat footing the bike is not nearly as important as gaining proper balance. Dropping the bike goes with the territory and after you've dropped it enough you'll learn better balancing techniques over time.
    While lowering the bike may initially give you more confidence but it takes away from your ground clearance. Ride enough off road and your going to want that ground clearance back.
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

4. #14 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Flat footing a bike brings many people comfort, but in reality it's not that big of a deal. Your inseam is what matters and at your height touching down with your toes shouldn't be a problem.

Concentrate your efforts on learning how to properly balance the bike, when you can do that the bike height won't matter.

Dropping the bike is the nature of the beast. Ride a few trails, drop the bike enough and you'll learn better balancing techniques over time.

IMO lowering the bike is not the way to go, dirt bikes are taller for a reason (ground clearance).
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

5. #15 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Cheers juice.
    I wish I could sit on that bike before ordering it but cant find them anywhere in Taizhou. Maybe I will take a wee trip to Hangzhou or Ningbo

6. #16 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    So I found a nice bike shop in nearby town. They sell Benelli, CFmoto, Galaxy, some Korean bikes and more Chinese brands. I wanted to ask about Shineray X2X, Qingqi QM250GY and Galaxy TGR. They told me that they wont have any more of those Galaxies cos the factory stopped making them. They also told me that this qingqi doesnt exist ............I told them that my friends own them here in China so the Laoban called the factory (anyway thats what he told me) and said that they dont make them........dunno what to think about that. They also said that X2X were very popular but now they sell less and less of them. He offered me the new Zongshen RX3 instead and said that its an amazing new bike.
    Im not sure what to think about the prices though cos there are no other shops selling those and taobao is not always great reference. Anyone can confirm those prices?
    Shineray X2X - RMB 17500
    Qingqi QM200GY - RMB 18000
    Zongshen RX3 - RMB 20000
    Shineray X5 - RMB 27000

7. #17 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Those prices seem about right. If you are planning on a lot of road trips the Rx3 is not a bad bet zhongshen builds a good engine anyway

8. #18 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I was planning to keep my YBR250 for road trips and buy X2X for some fun but now i think that i might get X5....
    The RX3 looks great but its a bit heavy (175kg) and overall there is no difference to my ybr, I mean the things I can and cant do.
    And on top of this we still dont know how the RX3 will perform, too new

9. #19 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Morning, anyone knows a dealer around Shanghai I could check out enduro bikes like x2x? Whats the best bet for chinese hard enduro 250cc?

Thanks!
    Previous bikes:
    Jawa 350 1971; Triumph Tiger 900 1999; Yamaha XT600 1995; Honda CX450 1983; Suzuki DRZ-E 400 1998; Sanlg 125cc 2007.

Forever bicycle now.

10. #20 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello Bakas

Try these guys, they are in Wuyi. Zhejiang. We have a few of there CRF in Pakistan.

Call Kash Lou......cell no +86 153 8171 3186

http://www.omowmoto.com/web/Product.asp?ItemID=81

Best Regards
    Rehan

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast