Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    I have been riding bikes in China for the last 18 years.. Apart from CF moto there is nothing really reliable. Jialing has had alot of problems. Here is a very good solution "I HAVE HEARD OF".
    Buy something like a suzuki DT 400.. then buy a legal heap of crap chinese made 250 which looks the same.. Get the legal bike registerd, then have your frame and engine numbers copied from the legal bike onto the suzuki and presto.......
    Check out my blog.. www.simplesite.com/jonsims

Quote Originally Posted by Bakas View Post
    Morning, anyone knows a dealer around Shanghai I could check out enduro bikes like x2x? Whats the best bet for chinese hard enduro 250cc?

Thanks!

2. #22 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Thanks guys, what was the price of the CRF 250 copy, how long have you had it? How well does it stand up to offroad abuse?

Jonsims, do you know any dealers in Shanghai selling CF moto? How about CQR, Taobao is full of those, anyone have some personal experience with those toys?

Many thanks!
    Previous bikes:
    Jawa 350 1971; Triumph Tiger 900 1999; Yamaha XT600 1995; Honda CX450 1983; Suzuki DRZ-E 400 1998; Sanlg 125cc 2007.

Forever bicycle now.

3. #23 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    ˇBacansisimo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsims View Post
    I have been riding bikes in China for the last 18 years.. Apart from CF moto there is nothing really reliable. Jialing has had alot of problems. Here is a very good solution "I HAVE HEARD OF".
    Buy something like a suzuki DT 400.. then buy a legal heap of crap chinese made 250 which looks the same.. Get the legal bike registerd, then have your frame and engine numbers copied from the legal bike onto the suzuki and presto.......
    Check out my blog.. www.simplesite.com/jonsims

cool blog. I'd love to see some surf pics of China!
    Mike

4. #24 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Short update here: no big failures since the last post

I pinched the cooling water hose on the lower right side of the engine when I doped the bike in a rocky river crossing in the middle of nowhere, was able to fix it by cutting the end of the hose step by step moving it further and further over the hose clip until the pinch was on the clip and it could not leak any more.
    I now made a frame at the front and fitted a side cover, wont happen again.

G0040882.jpg

Then I bought a 5AH winding battery to reduce some weight. It is sufficient to start the bike, also now that it is colder. The starter motor draws 40Amps before and after.

Further I relocated the battery from under the seat to the empty space on the left side of the engine. This way the wires can be shorter (less resistance), the center of gravity is brought down and towards the front. And under the the seat i now have some valuable in-bike space to carry essential spare parts and tools - the stuff you know you always better have with you but don't want to carry in the backpack because you know you normally never need it (wrenches, tube, screw drivers, spark plug/tool, spare gloves, wires, straps)
    So now you can tell me if I am a genius or completely stupid. The terminals are located inside with good clearance all around. Anyways an AGM battery should not leak if damaged during a crash. The positive terminal I covered in hot glue to protect it from water. All other positive wires I attache to the terminal of the starter relay, which is higher in the bike. The wires you see in the pictures next to the battery are 100cm jump start cables fitted with crocodile clips.

GOPR1233.jpg

Then just yesterday i found a good ramp to get the wheels off the ground, nothing big, but until now I found it difficult to find a place to do that. I was so happy I set up the gopro

G0040139.jpg

By the way a few people contacted me, it would be great if we could ride together with some fellow MCMers in the Zengcheng/Huizhou area from time to time.

5. #25 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater View Post
    Short update here: no big failures since the last post

I pinched the cooling water hose on the lower right side of the engine when I doped the bike in a rocky river crossing in the middle of nowhere, was able to fix it by cutting the end of the hose step by step moving it further and further over the hose clip until the pinch was on the clip and it could not leak any more.
    I now made a frame at the front and fitted a side cover, wont happen again.

G0040882.jpg

Then I bought a 5AH winding battery to reduce some weight. It is sufficient to start the bike, also now that it is colder. The starter motor draws 40Amps before and after.

Further I relocated the battery from under the seat to the empty space on the left side of the engine. This way the wires can be shorter (less resistance), the center of gravity is brought down and towards the front. And under the the seat i now have some valuable in-bike space to carry essential spare parts and tools - the stuff you know you always better have with you but don't want to carry in the backpack because you know you normally never need it (wrenches, tube, screw drivers, spark plug/tool, spare gloves, wires, straps)
    So now you can tell me if I am a genius or completely stupid. The terminals are located inside with good clearance all around. Anyways an AGM battery should not leak if damaged during a crash. The positive terminal I covered in hot glue to protect it from water. All other positive wires I attache to the terminal of the starter relay, which is higher in the bike. The wires you see in the pictures next to the battery are 100cm jump start cables fitted with crocodile clips.

GOPR1233.jpg

Then just yesterday i found a good ramp to get the wheels off the ground, nothing big, but until now I found it difficult to find a place to do that. I was so happy I set up the gopro

G0040139.jpg

By the way a few people contacted me, it would be great if we could ride together with some fellow MCMers in the Zengcheng/Huizhou area from time to time.
    Nice backyard there. Im yet to find some good off-road tracks in my area.
    What tires do you have on? On taobao I can find only one type of knobbies (that fit X2 off-road weels) which I dont really like. I will need some tires that are road capable (not for touring tho) and the taobao ones seem not suitable. The tires on your pics look just right

6. #26 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    The tyres are these:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=..._u=4dv4gmb6f7a
    Search for KT966. I definitely recommend them. They are quite stif, difficult to get on the rim.

I also used these:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...&id=4022445843
    They are also good and cheap.

I noticed even the stock rims on my CQR and X2X are quite narrow for the stock tyres. The front rims were like 2", on the tyres it said ' for 2.5" '. It seems that this is common practice and there is some tolerance, so nothing to worry about. I read a narrower rim gives a softer ride, but less support. I managed to find a 2.3" rim now. ´For the backside the same thing. I no not remember the exact numbers now, have to double check if anybody is interested.

7. #27 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for the info, clearly Im not very good with taobao ;) I found some dual sport tires that will fit its supermoto rims, they are a bit pricey but last forever. I had them on my YBR and they lasted about 19000km

8. #28 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Thanks boys those supermoto tyres are just was I was looking for and if the are long lasting . All the better.

9. #29 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Thanks for the info, clearly Im not very good with taobao ;) I found some dual sport tires that will fit its supermoto rims, they are a bit pricey but last forever. I had them on my YBR and they lasted about 19000km
    I'm thinking of trying these on the supermotard rims:

Back: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=20262999657
    Front: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=17123951585
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

10. #30 Re: Shineray X2X review, Guandong 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I guess it depends what rims you have, these must be different than yours and they seem be the same as GW250. I thought there were just one standard supermoto rims for this bike.
    Zhu, here is the other one http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=16995746243

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast