Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Was at Chinariders forum and there is a thread on this web address selling Chinese built motorcycles WAY cheap. I've looked around the website without any problem. Here it is: http://www.dragonail.com/index.php?m...9arn6va1nev406 Notice what appears to be the Dong Fang bobber for $820 delivered. And the Honda CT-70 clone for $352 delivered. They say they accept only PayPal or Western Union. Strange. I know little about PayPal, but, I think you use your credit card? So, if there was a problem, can you do a charge back, like if they take your money and never ship? I only bring this up to see if anyone knows about these people, and as a warning. As in, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Since the Dong Fang sells for at least $2000 plus shipping, and the various CT-70 clones start at about $1200 plus freight, this place qualifies as too good to be true. Hope I put this in the right place.

2. #2 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DRAGONAIL.COM
    Created on: 29-Dec-12
    Expires on: 29-Dec-13
    Last Updated on: 29-Dec-12

Registrant:
    Brunbrei

Daitou Town,Xiuyu Area
    Putian, Fujian 351166
    China

Administrative Contact:
    lin, shuangteng followtherule@hotmail.com
    Brunbrei
    Daitou Town,Xiuyu Area
    Putian, Fujian 351166
    China

Technical Contact:
    lin, shuangteng followtherule@hotmail.com
    Brunbrei
    Daitou Town,Xiuyu Area
    Putian, Fujian 351166
    China

3. #3 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    This seller is probably "legit" in that they exist, and have a warehouse of "motorcycles" in China that they can ship.

Your country will have something called a "customs administration" and possibly also a "highway traffic safety administration" and "environmental protection agency" -- all of which will feel obliged to stop your shipment at the port of entry if it is not accompanied with proper paperwork showing that your vehicle has been duly vetted and registered for use on public roads in your country, and that someone has paid relevant customs duties, etc.

Needless to say, this Dragonail company ("all that ails the dragon?") is an exporter and will have done none of those things, so your shipment will be "returned to sender" or just impounded and auctioned or destroyed, and you'll be shit out of luck.

Unless you live in some paradise of a country that permits imports without restriction.

cheers!
    euphonius
    Last edited by euphonius; 06-05-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #4 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    I am not sure what the policy is for pay pal but its not fool proof and they cannot take money back they can only request a refund.

The prices are so low that it seem obviously a complete scam, for example the C-70 for $352.00 even if they got them for free it would be impossible to ship it to you from china to your home for that price.

Your name, address and email all handed over to these people.

The registrant is http://reversewhois.domaintools.com/brunbrei

They own five other scam sites.
    Here one http://www.propsport.com/

They seem to be primarily selling shit that is dark, apropos, they must pride themselves on that. The other crap they are selling is not cheap and they likely sell nothing.

Look at this http://www.propsport.com/11-metal-pa...odel-p-21.html
    That be a major score for them at $2,300.00

5. #5 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Good work everyone.

6. #6 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    The products are all the crap Sunny Sports imports, the only way that this could be remotely real is if the factory over produced and Sunny Sport cannot buy what they manufactured. Then extras could be shipped over behind their back, these products all have EPA certificates and also meet all regulations, they are already selling here. The customs agents are not police officers they do not care, they have no interest or obligations to protect Sunny Sports interests. If they have the same WMI and they would since they are the same products, they are as legitimate as all the other crap Sunny Sport is selling. .

The matter of these being gray market would not make them illegal, that matter would have to be addressed in civil court and Sunny Sport would have to make its case there.

This could be a nothing more then an attempt to undermine them, likely somebody in the process is trying to undercut them. But considering how oddly low the prices are its not likely anything more then a scam, to take money and run.

But if the factory supplying sunny sport is failing then expect the distributor to follow.

7. #7 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    C-Moto Noob
    So the answer would be a NO to buying any of these products? You can see some reviews and it is quite convincing but the price just throws me through a loop. So I can test it out for this website and see if it is legit . Or if you tell me no and save me from this then I will save a ton more and go to another website

Yes or no to buying items from this site

8. #8 Re: Suspicious looking new seller website. 
    same people set up this website.
    http://www.samuraiswordsforsale.net/

Name: Mark Lin
    Tel: 13689259235
    Code: 710000
    Add. Shengshitaibai #3 Room1406, Beilin Area, Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province, China