Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi all

i have a adrenaline 125 on a 58 plate and i have a list of problems first when i turn ignition on and hit the start button it clicks then knocks out all the electrics and i have nothing even when i turn key off and back on i still have no power. i then bump it and electrics come back on. Once started it dont idle for long everytime i pull throttle back the bike wont go nowhere im thinking i need a new starter motor and perhaps new wiring loom or even a new engine!! i have no idea why this has happened also exhaust had been blowing due to it coming away from manifold please any advice much appreciated sorry its such a long topic

many thanks

gadget

2. #2 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    C-Moto Noob
    This might be a bit late but I had the same problem! Biting the bullet and getting a new wiring loom was the only thing that worked for me! You might want to check your side stand switch if its there as I was having problems with that!

If youve never changed the wiring loom before its not as complicated as it looks or sounds. Having the wiring diagram helped me alot, epsecially as a pdf on my tablet where I could zoom in and check every connection and make sure I was connecting it up right.

3. #3 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have reciently discovered that the looms on Chinese bikes are crap; my tail light stopped working so I cut in to my wiring loom and a joint had broken so I soldered it back together and now it's fine. I would suggest that you strip the electrical tape holding your wiring loom together and look for obvious shorts, burnt wires or broken connections.

As the electrics turn off when you try to start it I would say that it is either a short between the igintion switch and the solenoid (which would go through the wiring loom) or a short from the solenoid to the starter motor, the former would be easier to see as it it just one thick wire comming from the solenoid to the starter motor.

As for the idling issue, whatever problems you may have in your wiring loom may extend to the wiring going to the CDI and/or the ignition coil causing a weak spark or maybe even incorrect ignition timing if the CDI cannot get enough current.

It is likely that a wire inside the loom shorted out and melted a bunch of wires so the fault should be obvious if you cut in to your wiring loom/
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

4. #4 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    C-Moto Noob
    any information on wiring to backk indicators lads?

5. #5 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    The electric is SAME as bigger brother.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?2565

6. #6 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    C-Moto Noob
    thanks lad great help

7. #7 Re: pulse adrenaline electrics problem help ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget1988 View Post
    hi all

i have a adrenaline 125 on a 58 plate and i have a list of problems first when i turn ignition on and hit the start button it clicks then knocks out all the electrics and i have nothing even when i turn key off and back on i still have no power. i then bump it and electrics come back on. Once started it dont idle for long everytime i pull throttle back the bike wont go nowhere im thinking i need a new starter motor and perhaps new wiring loom or even a new engine!! i have no idea why this has happened also exhaust had been blowing due to it coming away from manifold please any advice much appreciated sorry its such a long topic

many thanks

gadget
    This may sound silly but. Check your Earths first, I had a similar problem and it was corrosion on my earth wire from the frame to the battery, check earths are tight,with the Chinese bikes, some of the connections are not seated properly a simple push in on all the connectors you can see might help, wd40 everything too in this weather.

How old is the battery, usually a clicking when trying to start indicates a discharged or knackered battery.
    Hope this helps.
    Rob1n.