Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & Bumps 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & Bumps, any ideas on how to raise it higher to overcome this issue? i'm a tall guy so dont worry about my foot reaching the ground.

thanks everybody.

2. #2 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    Cheapest cure could be to buy or make pair of rear shock extenders.

Probably something could be done in a similar manner on fork tubes.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Cheapest cure could be to buy or make pair of rear shock extenders.

Probably something could be done in a similar manner on fork tubes.
    Thanks Zorge, but for the rear shock extenders: wouldnt that make any negative result on its engine and CVT?

as for the fork tubes, is that possible or i might ruin the front suspension and wont be able to get it back to normal

4. #4 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    Quote Originally Posted by karimfadl View Post
    My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & Bumps, any ideas on how to raise it higher to overcome this issue? i'm a tall guy so dont worry about my foot reaching the ground.

thanks everybody.
    Hi Karimfadi

You must have some very bad roads in Egypt because i have a 250 CF MOTO Jetlux in china and have found after 8000 km on only very few occasions has the bike bottom out on me so maybe you are going to fast or sorry to say maybe you are to much KG so try going slower of lose some weight dont your bike have rear shock adjustable as well have a look

5. #5 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Karimfadi

You must have some very bad roads in Egypt because i have a 250 CF MOTO Jetlux in china and have found after 8000 km on only very few occasions has the bike bottom out on me so maybe you are going to fast or sorry to say maybe you are to much KG so try going slower of lose some weight dont your bike have rear shock adjustable as well have a look

well prince, i have all what u mentioned above: very bad roads in Egypt with bumps and holes, and i'm 129 kgs

i used to go 180 kms per hour with my Yamaha Roadstar 1700cc but for with the jetmax definitely i wont go faster than 100 kgs cause a wise rider should not push his ride beyond its controllable limits.

therefore: i cant do anything to our bad roads and definitely i tried loosing weight but still unsuccessful so far so i need an engineering solution

6. #6 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 

well prince, i have all what u mentioned above: very bad roads in Egypt with bumps and holes, and i'm 129 kgs

i used to go 180 kms per hour with my Yamaha Roadstar 1700cc but for with the jetmax definitely i wont go faster than 100 kgs cause a wise rider should not push his ride beyond its controllable limits.

therefore: i cant do anything to our bad roads and definitely i tried loosing weight but still unsuccessful so far so i need an engineering solution

ok sir

The best thing to do is PM a guy on here called bikerdoc he has one of your bike as well and he is the boss when it come to question like yours i am sure bikerdoc fitted bigger tyes all round which gave him more ground
    clearance ..... just send him a pm and he can advise you on the best tyres to fit and i think as well you should fit a pair of gas shocks to the back and adjust them to suit your 120kg

i hope all goesd well and sorry to ask about your kg i just had in the back of my mind you was a large lad

steve

7. #7 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    Hi just found out the tyres size for you

. "Just replaced front and rear tyres, with a 120/70-15 Pirelli and a 150/70-14 Bridgestone. Also fitted new rear brake pads and refaced the rear rotor brake-disc. Added a couple of small semi-circular tabs to the bottom of the centre stand to compensate for the slightly bigger rear tyre (standard rear is a 140/60-14) which has increased the rear ride height a little. All in all, happy with the scoo"

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ax-250-Scooter

Here is the link you need to read all 8 pages

8. #8 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    ok sir

The best thing to do is PM a guy on here called bikerdoc he has one of your bike as well and he is the boss when it come to question like yours i am sure bikerdoc fitted bigger tyes all round which gave him more ground
    clearance ..... just send him a pm and he can advise you on the best tyres to fit and i think as well you should fit a pair of gas shocks to the back and adjust them to suit your 120kg

i hope all goesd well and sorry to ask about your kg i just had in the back of my mind you was a large lad

steve
    thanks a lot steve :) i really appreciate ur kind help and no problem about asking anything, we r all supposed to be one big family my dear friend :)

9. #9 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi just found out the tyres size for you

. "Just replaced front and rear tyres, with a 120/70-15 Pirelli and a 150/70-14 Bridgestone. Also fitted new rear brake pads and refaced the rear rotor brake-disc. Added a couple of small semi-circular tabs to the bottom of the centre stand to compensate for the slightly bigger rear tyre (standard rear is a 140/60-14) which has increased the rear ride height a little. All in all, happy with the scoo"

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ax-250-Scooter

Here is the link you need to read all 8 pages
    on which page was that? i already read the bikerdoc article but dont remember i read what u mentioned

10. #10 Re: My Jetmax 250 scooter has very low ground clearance & scrab the road on turns & B 
    on which page was that? i already read the bikerdoc article but dont remember i read what u mentioned

I think it was page 6/7 just need to read he talks about the tyres size at some point yes we all have the same farther .... so i am told

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast